I will have full information on the planned workshops tomorrow but I can confirm that we have 2 days in the North planned for November!
Back to today and I thought I would share another winter / Christmas card made with my new range. I have again used some waste in this card as I really don't like throwing anything away!
I started by putting the ultramarine izink onto the rectangular media plate and ran my brayer over the surface to fade the colour form dark to light. Next I used the bubbles stamp and the snowflake stamp from my Summer Flowers and Winter trees clear stamp sets and stamped these onto the plate in Night, Ultramarine and Can izink die ink pads. I kept the patterns just at the top so that it looks like its a snowy scene.
To make up the card I again used a piece of card that I had cleaned my brayer on ( just running the brayer over scrap card after running it over the media plate) I stared the snowflake stamp over this using the same three colours of ink and cut this to a panel. I added a thin dark blue mat around the main image and the side panel. Finally, before adding to a small 5" x 5" card blank, I added a random die cut form my box of precept bits shaded with the blending tool and the night ink pad.
Enjoy...
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteI really like your card, great design and winter colours.
For me I would have left out the Die Cut. However a great way of using up those bits we have lying about.
Oh! I am getting excited ... November Workshops sounds good.
Holidays over, big "Meet Up" with our friends passed. We might be able to meet up with some of those same friends again depending on where the Workshops are.
Have a great day
Hugs
Patricia xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely Christmas card but just change the sentiment and it's a winter birthday card.
Love it.
Jan
Hi John. Reading your description of your lovely snowy scene here in hot Spain is cooling me down nicely. SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a gorgeous Christmas card can't wait to start on mine.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Gorgeous winter card John
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
John thank you for telling where you bought your beautiful dies.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John
ReplyDeleteGreat card today makes me think of snow when i look at it .
Catherine xx
Very pretty John, more Christmas cards please, love them.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Loving your winter cards John.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
A lovely winter card John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Great card, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing more about your next workshop.
Michele
Morning John, beautiful creation this morning, looking forward to receiving my order, always takes so long to deliver don't they when you are waiting on them.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Lovely card this morning, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Very cute Christmas card John. Love this tree.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Please try and come down south a bit, We would love to see you down here,
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card.
B xx
Beautiful card John, love the design, can't wait for my stamps to arrive.
ReplyDeleteHugs Julie xxx
Great design for all sorts of wintertime occasions
ReplyDeletegood morning John, lovely winter card not just for Christmas and no waste either!! Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Lydia
x
Lovely card John, Kate x
ReplyDeleteThat's lovely and the snow looks so realistic!
ReplyDeleteLove this card the blue is perfect for a snow scene and Christmas
ReplyDeleteThank you John
Love June horrocks xxxx
Beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Xx
ReplyDeleteFab cards John, when you say North???? Our Gill will be pleased if North West. xxx
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, great card, love the way you use your waste to make fabulous cards.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, interesting design, simple but effective.
Hugs, Rose
A stunning Christmas card anyone would be thrilled to receive.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs
Helen xx
Beautiful snowy card.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, This card is beautiful !! I'm really interested to see where 'in the North' your workshops are going to be.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Good morning John xx a lovely winter card xxx have a fab day lots of love and huggs to you xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteLove this snowy card, and even better when 'left-over' pieces of card can be used too!
June x
Hi John Lovely Can just do the topper as small card for batch making That's todays job decided! Have a good day
ReplyDeleteHi John,Really like this one,and just love the winter tree.Like a lot of other people I am waiting for my goodies to arrive, Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, really like the winter tree. Joycex
ReplyDeleteCOOL card design!
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI really like today's card apart from the Die cut piece. I really like the trees you have designed a lot!
Thank you for trying to organise workshops! I fully intend to come to one if at all possible! I've had such rave reviews from those who have been to one or more!
Love Myra x
Hi John. I love Christmas cards with snowy scenes on them and although I also love a bit of glitter I am not sure whether it would be appropriate on this type of arty project. What do you think?
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John, this is just the perfect wintry Christmas card. Absolutely love it. Bx
ReplyDeleteJohn this is a stunning and ever so perfect christmas card.
ReplyDeleteit has everything i love in a christmas card asnd my favourite colours too.
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteLove this card but I'd have left out the die cut - sorry!!! Ooh, where in November?
Maureen x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteanother beautiful background you have created, and you image with the tree is gorgeous.
Love the colour inks used also.
I really like the die cut.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card today.
Hi John lovely Christmas card I love the tree and the snowy scene
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I do wish I was as talented as you are.
ReplyDeleteSorry for not commenting yesterday. I was convinced I had. Old age strikes again! It's a great card.
Hope you had a good day.
D xx
Lovely Christmas card John.
ReplyDeleteHi John. Lovely card today. Just waiting for my stamps to come then I can enjoy using them and perhaps start my Christmas cards.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John but Oh MY, it does make winter seem close. The summer is flying by for sure.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. Marie
Amazing collection John absolutely love them.
ReplyDeleteHugs Julie xxx