Today and tomorrow I am at Inspirations in Preston demonstrating my new range and Christmas craft dies by Creative Expressions so pop along if you want to see what I will be doing! They should have stock of the new range so it's a good chance to get the products that seem to be selling out so fast!
Today I thought I would share a card that is made using the magic stamps and my spring collection of stamps.
I cut this piece into a square for the backing and a strip for the side of the card and backed these in deep blue card from my stash. Next I stamped, using my press to impress of course!, the open flower spray from the Spring flowers clear stamp set onto more of the white card. I coloured and shaded this using the Clear Colour watercolour brush pens and using a water brush pulled out the colour to add the shading.
I matted this on blue and added a pale blue bow to bring the ultramarine colour to the front and finished!
I have been asked loads of questions about the press to impress stamp platform so I am planning a short Facebook live video for Friday morning explaining the way it works and the differences between the other platforms on the market ( you know me I like to explain what something is my favourite!)
Enjoy...
A lovely card John and the stamp looks beautiful coloured like that. Hope you have a good day at Preston. xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card, Have fun today.
Take care Kitty.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteNot sure what wallpaper your Mum and Dad went for but our 80s one was pastel stripes & little diamonds, separated by a wide border with swags lol! Stylish eh?
But you know I like a bit of in your face colour so its my kinda card.
Must say, I was genuinely surprised and impressed at the crispness of image that you get from the magic stamps.
Enjoy Preston and say "Hi" to Barbara for me.
Ang x
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely bright card.Love your stamp.
Jan
Lovely background John. Have a good day at Preston I'm sure there will be lots of followers wanting to see you demo your new products.Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi John, a great card, love the randomness of the stamping and bold colours. Have a great time in Preston. Take care all. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother great card, love it.
I did not purchase the Magic Stamps on Tuesday.
Mmmm!! think I will put these on my Wish List.
Thank you for all the inspiration, I have my stamps out and actually using them.
Have a great day at Preston
Patricia xxx
Good morning John. Another great card showing us all what these new products can achieve.
ReplyDeleteNow it's ok you doing a live Facebook video but lots of us don't do Facebook! Can you not do one for on here.. please!!! I for one like the look of your stamp press and would like to know what the difference is between it and the ones that Adrian stocks. Hazel x
Such a clever card. I love it. Still haven't managed to catch up with your shows but hopefully today. Have a great day in Preston.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting,
D xx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card i like the bold colours .
Catherine xx
Morning John, a beautiful card as always have been looking at the different platforms but can't make up my mind so looking forward to your video on Friday.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, beauty in pink really says it all on this card, amazing. The people in Preston are in for a great experience, I know you will get lots of customers who will enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteI want to watch the shows again to catch up on the magic pink foam and how you made your own stamp, what amazing stuff.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
What a lovely card again. One of the things which appeals to me about this style is that cards can be created which will go by ordinary mail. Many of mine need posting.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day in Preston.
I agree with Hazel - a video he would be great please - you know your blog family would see it then.
Jan
Northampton
Great card John. I too need to watch your shows again - I think the magic stamp is going onto my wish list
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Great card. I'm disappointed that I can't make it to Preston on either day as I'm working.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, great colours.
B xx
Beautiful
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John. Really lovely card. Enjoy Preston.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Fantastic card. Laura O
ReplyDeleteLove this card John the stamp is brill the shades of pink are lovely thank you enjoy Preston xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteJune horrocks xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteNot sure about the backing on this one, I do like the overall design and the focal image.
Lydia
X
x
Stunning cards John, have a fun 2 days at inspirations,
ReplyDeleteHugs Julie xxx
Gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteI remember seeing something similar to the magic stamps several years ago but never tried them. These look really good - another one for the wish list! Lovely card today, John. Have a good time in Preston.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John
ReplyDeleteOh wow more inspiration I am eagerly awaiting my order so I can have a play.This card is so beautiful thank you for all your wonderful inspiration.
However I do agree with Hazel's request for a video for those of us who just don't do Facebook please, please can we have a video on here, thank you, it would be wonderful if you are able to do that for us.
Have a super time at Preston, I wonder how quickly your products will sell out there. soon I bet!
Margaret xxx
lovely card John, it has a very modern twist that I think even a teenager would love. I made myself a magic sponge after watching someone on tv doing it many years ago. It was made using small oblongs of funky foam glued together but it never worked very well.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs
Helen xx
Hi John, must confess I'm not sure about your wallpaper taste but each to their own!! I'm surprised at the clarity of the stamp though from your sponge. It will be great to get your take on the different stamping platforms around. I had a good trawl round tinternet and saw Crafts Too had done smaller ones then thought if John's chosen this one it must be good so went ahead and bought it. Have a good time in Preston, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteSomething else for us to think about and try! However , I'm not keen on turning it into wallpaper! Lol. I'm sorry I can't get to Preston! It's not far away from me but I'd made other arrangements which I couldn't change! I'm really sorry as I'd love to have met you.
Have a great time!
Love Myra x
Fabulous card John, I love it
ReplyDeleteJune x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the colours.
Your great background would make a lovely cover for a notebook too.
Morning John, not sure about this one, as it's so different to your usual style.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Lovely card John And great to see that you'll be bringing out dies
ReplyDeleteA bright and perky card design today. Great shows on Hochanda with exciting products coming from you. Wish I could buy some of your range here in the USA.
ReplyDeleteNot sure about the wallpaper but love the idea of how it was made. After watching your demos I've ordered a stamp press so hopefully I'll be able to try some of your techniques.
ReplyDeleteHi John. You are doing it on purpose to upset me. I missed out on the magic stamps and the media plates when you were on TV because I love the effects you can create with them. I hope you can bring them back again soon.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteYour techniques and stamping are spot on. It's great to give us all these ideas, and tools with which to do them,
Maureen xx
Love this card John. I do like the colours. Must find my magic stamps from years ago. I am sure Myra is very disappointed she cannot get to Preston as I know she would love to meet you. Enjoy Preston. Expect it will be another sell out. Take care.xx
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love it. Enjoy your time in Preston. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John Fabulous card love the colours The magic stamp is amazing1 I too would love a video about your stamping platform on here as I don't do facebook1
ReplyDeleteJohn this totally utterly gorgeous, i love the background and
ReplyDeletethe beautiful flower stamp.
OMG John love love love this card stunning & beautiful the colour's are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteThe flower is gorgeous
Hug's Lynda xx
Gorgeous card John. Lovely background
ReplyDelete