Happy Monday,
I thought I would share one of the alternate wedding cards I made for the Wedding I went to at the weekend! This i thought was too busy and not in the correct colour so I went with yesterdays but every card and project deserves it';s day in the sun ( or on the blog in my world lol)
I used pieces left form recent workshops for the background and frames using pixie powdered watercolour paper with Pewter, Midnight blue and Rich gold powders to make this which was used for the flowers, frame and background as well as the sentiment.
The central panel is using the new white glitter kiss through a mask ( a random one from my box sorry) onto acetate and used this in the frame. I then added die cuts in silver and white using the spellbinders elegant ovals with a Creative Expressions sentiment die in the centre. The flowers are the orange blossom topping seam binding made coloured with the pixie powders.
A complex looking card however hopefully harmonious and great for many occasions if not for a wedding!
Enjoy...

Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteA great design, I love the basic card. I think it would have been better on a "white. background rather than the water colour piece, just my opinion!
Ooooo!! now you are going to start getting us excited!! I know I am anyway!
Is it Saturday yet??
Have a fantastic day
Patricia xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card but I did prefer the card from yesterday.
Jan
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Take care Kitty.
I really like this card but I can see why you chose to send yesterday's.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Crafty hugs,
D xx
Hi John, I think this card is really lovely and would be a great special Birthday card. Have a great day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteA great card John and we have a countdown xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card but as a birthday card i think theres nothing like white and silver or gold for weddings ( my choice ).
Catherine xx
John. Great card, yet just a bit busy for a wedding card. Saying that you have shown a card can be made from mainly waste or left over bits. So thank you for that tip. Oh you are going to keep us in suspense to the last minute.
ReplyDeleteHazel x
A lovely card, but not really for a wedding. I liked yesterday's one more for that. Love the white Glitter Kiss. I've just bought it and am hoping to use it on some of my Christmas cards. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeletevery nice card, but my preference is for yesterday's card.
Can't wait for the reveal
Pat x
Lovely card. I'm intrigued now...tell us please???
ReplyDeleteMichele
Great combination of techniques- glittery mask and pixie frame. Yummy.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, a very pretty card but I did prefer yesterday's you made the right choice.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning Mr Tease....... yes that is you John, what is all this 5 days time..... I and everyone wants to know. Oh I best go back to the card now, I think I prefer yesterdays sample for the wedding so good job you picked that one.
ReplyDeleteOh help, why are you teasing us today??
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June smith xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteI too would have gone with yesterday's card for a wedding as it was a bit more subtle.
I still love this one as I like an injection of colour now and again lol!
Oh just fess up that you're moving into confectionery lol!
Ang x
Like today's card John,but agree you chose the right one .Non of your followers will rest now until the big reveal.( you tease) Joyce x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, maybe more of a birthday card though a white and silver version might work for a wedding. Can't wait for the big reveal.
B xx
Hi John, lovely card, but think yesterday's one was more suitable for a wedding. I can't wait five days, as my grandchildren constantly say 'it's not fair'. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a nice card but a bit too busy for me. I think you chose the correct card for the Wedding.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love the card yesterday's for a wedding love the blue though thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
Hello John, I love this card and the colour scheme but agree that it is possibly better suited to a special birthday. Regardless, you would have chosen the card that was most suitable for the happy couple and their colour scheme. I'm glad you all enjoyed the wedding. Take care. Be happy. Craft Owl by the Sea, north Norfolk. xx
ReplyDeleteGreat card. I too prefer yesterday's.
ReplyDeleteGreat to meet you yesterday at long last.....
Great card. I too prefer yesterday's.
ReplyDeleteGreat to meet you yesterday at long last.....
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI think it is a beautiful card for any occasion .
5 days , Mmm can we have another clue tomorrow please ?
Take care
Elaine H X
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteIt's a tad busy for me, I think if the colour wasn't so strong it wouldn't look so busy......... just me
5 days???????
Hugs, Rose
Lovely card but yes I agree, it is a bit too busy for a wedding card
ReplyDeleteThis 5 days business has got us all wondering Is the "c" on the jelly baby's tummy a clue ...?
A little busy for my taste too but very pretty nevertheless. 5 days??
ReplyDeleteGorgeous.
ReplyDeleteYou are a tease. xxxxx
A lovely card, John, but perhaps better for a birthday.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card, such a beautiful shade of blue with the added gold tones.
I'm thinking maybe 5 days until you are back on tv again! (Only guessing but I hope so).
Hi John Lovely card but I agree yesterdays was far better for a wedding
ReplyDeleteIntriguing I wonder what's happening in 5 days???
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI too prefer yesterday's card but I like this one too! I particularly like the oval frame. However I think you made the right choice for the happy couple!
Now I wondered if C was for Christmas - maybe a Launch of Dies and Stamps?? That's what I'm hoping for! Not confectionery!! Lol!
We will all be excited by the end of 5 days!
Love Myra x
Hi John. What a really scrummy card today. Love what you have done with the mask. I am sure this card would be great for many occasions. Now you have got me wondering what is going to happen in 5 days, are you allowed to give us any clues?
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Glad to know someone else makes more than one card for a special occasion to then deside which one to send. What is this "5 Days to Go"? Have I missed some teased clue before the little blue man's announcement?
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon John fantastic card xx i loved both yesterday's and today's.
ReplyDeleteI so adore the little man xx 5 days yet can't wait xx lots of love and huggs to you xxx
Good afternoon John fantastic card xx i loved both yesterday's and today's.
ReplyDeleteI so adore the little man xx 5 days yet can't wait xx lots of love and huggs to you xxx
Hi John, Very nice card,but I did prefer yesterdays card for a wedding.I think this one is a more general occasion card. I am keeping everything crossed that 5 days means you will be back on TV again somewhere.I hope so as everything crossed is getting a little uncomfortable.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon John
ReplyDeleteA really lovely card for a birthday, best wishes, even a get well but I really don't see this as a wedding card sorry, but that does not detract from its beauty.
Oh you really are a tease!
Margaret xxx
Lovely card John and I think, in my humble opinion, an ideal birthday card
ReplyDeleteSo, 5 days to go, the suspense is getting to me now!! lol
June x
Hi John this is a stunning wedding card it is just so pretty. I think you made the right choice for that particular wedding. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card today. Thanks for sharing.
John this is another stunning card, i really love the colours and don't think it is too busy at all.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love this.
Lovely card John. Luckily we have Sue on tv to help pass those 5. Days!!! x
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Probably better for a birthday card but nevertheless it is lovely. Sorry didn't comment sooner but no internet.
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous venue for events. I went to wedding venues here some time back and was impressed the second I stepped through the door. I'm hoping that I'll get to go back for other events to enjoy great company and beautiful surroundings.
ReplyDelete