Today's card is mix of my classic die cutting with the new media plate stamping technique and even a bit of waste used for the flowers.
I created the circular background using the round media plate, a selection of the cool izink ink sets a the snowflake stamp form the winter tress clear stamp set. I prepared the media plate with inks and breyered over before stamping the snowflakes in different colours over the top. I then stamped this using the press to impress stamp platform Click HERE for the link to the stamp platform as there has been quite a lot of confusion as to which I prefer and use. I repeated the process until I had a centre exactly the way i wanted.
I mounted this behind a die cut from the new Find It media PM10097 Snowflake frame. I cut this in silver stardust card from Limetree crafts and added gems around the centre ring. I matted this onto white, blue and silver to make the larger card as shown.
For the flowers I cleaned my brayer on a piece of scrap card by running it over the surface to remove the ink. This piece was too nice to waste so I cut the poinsettias form it using the find it YCD10026 poinsettia die. I shaded through the die with mint izink for the centres and shaped them before adding a pearl in the centre.
I added a bow of organza ribbon and a couple of hat pins from my stash.
Workshop News
The workshop advertised yesterday is now fully booked however we are looking to add the Sunday on as well I will let you know if we can or if we have a reserve list. There is also one of these planned for November in the north I will let you all know the details for this tomorrow!
For now, Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beautiful card so pretty.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Good morning John. A stunning card using the mix of die cutting and stamping. Your flowers are great and being made out of waste is just so you. Great news about your workshop being fully booked and I am so hoping when you say North it's far enough North for Patricia and I to attend. Hazel x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeletePretty card love the snowflake stamping and the die.
Jan
Hi John Love this card I have the media plates and stamps but looks like another die purchase coming on Have a good day
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a very lovely card, really like the idea of the stamped centre piece. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeletePretty card John, love everything about it. Joycex
ReplyDeleteWell done on the bookings.Wonderful card, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card, love it, a fantastic combination of techniques. I am off to the re-cycle bin, never thought about flowers from the waste Doh!!!
Great news your Workshops are fully booked, hope you manage the extra day. Just don't overdo things you need to sleep now and again.
Now if you have Workshops far enough "up north" I will definitely be trying to get a booking in for a couple of places.
Have a great day
Hugs
Patricia xxx
Morning John, really beautiful card today, and I have that die it is really nice and you have used it to perfection on this creations, love the stamping too.
ReplyDeleteThere has been so much hype over the past few days about the various stamping platforms it really is upsetting, the craft industry is massive and it is no surprise that new versions of these platforms are coming out. Did we have all these comments when dies were first brought out and die cutting machines. I have got more then one of the different platforms and use them for different scenarios, (one I got as a gift), also I know people who have made their own, life is too short isn't it. Sorry rant over.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
WOWEE loving everything about this card , and such a beautiful die .
ReplyDeleteTake care
Elaine H X
Lovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, a gorgeous card love the colours, I think the stamping platform I have ordered is the same one you use we will see when it arrives can't wait to create some of the beauties you gave demo'd.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Lovely card. Congrats on being fully booked.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSuper card. The frame is a lovely looking die cut.
Have I missed some crafty fracas about the stamping platform lol?
Safe travels.
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card.
Don't forget the South when organising your workshops (as in south of the M4).
B xx
Beautiful card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John
ReplyDeleteLove this card love the snowflake stamp such a pretty card
Catherine
Absolutely fab - u - louse darling. Stunning card today John.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs
Helen xx
Gorgeous You've certainly hit on a winner with these media plates as they seem more practical and versatile than the gelli plates I have in my limited knowledge seen
ReplyDeleteBig shame that your workshops are fully booked Perhaps you can venture a little bit further south at some point Coventry would have been do-able at a push Perhaps next time as I'm sure this one will be a huge success
Stunning card John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card.
ReplyDeleteLovely card. The snowflake centre looks as though it has an acetate cover.
ReplyDeleteWhat about a workshop fo us in Spain?
Beautiful card John,
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card.
Lydia
x
Morning John, another fantastic card. Love this technique with the Media Plates. Just waiting until I can get some.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
A stunning card John love the die and the flowers the stamping is great
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
Hi John. This is such a pretty card and it shows how the different techniques works so well together. Lovely colour choice too.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today, with different techniques.
You must be so chuffed that your craft day sold out so quickly and it's great news that one in the North is planned. Looking forward to hearing about it tomorrow - I bet that's a sell out too.
Maureen x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI was really pleased to read that your Craft Workshop sold out! That's really good news for you. Thank you for thinking about coming up North! Look forward to seeing that tomorrow, all being well. Today's card is lovely and it's nice to see how you combine both styles! I've got my Inks , just waiting for the Plates!
Love Myra x
Good morning John xxx I love love love this one it's stunning xxx
ReplyDeleteWell that solves the decision making problem for the Coventry workshop looking for ward to the north one xx have a fab week sweetie xx
Good morning John xxx I love love love this one it's stunning xxx
ReplyDeleteWell that solves the decision making problem for the Coventry workshop looking for ward to the north one xx have a fab week sweetie xx
Hi John,This is absolutely beautiful,waiting for my goodies to arrive and then will give the technique a go.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Beautiful card and a clever idea. So pleased to hear the workshop is a sell out. Brilliant. Well back from my holidays and have managed to make my first card with the mixed media plates after borrowing them back from granddaughter. She wants them back after school today. I did say at the time perhaps she should have her own but she decided she would borrow mine.😀 Take carexx
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteStunning Card for Monday your Dies are gorgeous n
Hug's Lynda xx
Hi John Beautiful card I love it
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card. I love your waste not want not techniques. I have recently been revisiting my Spellbinder dies all down to your influence. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, Gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Good evening John
ReplyDeleteSuch a stunning and very beautiful card, oh you make everything sound so easy! Delighted to hear you had a sellout not at all surprised well done but please don't forget to have some rest please.
Hi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful and very stunning card.
Love the colours and that frame die, and your wonderful background you have created is ace.
So glad tyour venture is all sold out, and that you are thinking of holding more.
Hopefully in the South of the country soon.
I told Ang if it was nearer to me I would gladly help out with the tea making.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
John this is gorgeous, i do love the dies you gave used and
ReplyDeletethe fab colour combo.
WOW, stunning card John!
ReplyDeleteJune x
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDelete