I wam doing a Facebook live video today between 9am and 10am all about the Press to Impress stamping platform to share some of the unique features of this prior to its launch on Hochanda on the 8th August I will try to post the video on my blog tomorrow for my blog family that aren't on Facebook!
Another sample from this weeks shows using the Media Plates ( I promise we will bring these back as soon as possible) this time what looks like a more complex card but again with the system really easy to reproduce!
I started by adding the circular media plate too my Press to Impress temp platform and added the Izink inks in walnut, honey and dawn in stripes across the plate. I then ran my brayer across the surface to make an ombre effect which suggest a sunset. Next I used the new small blending tool form crafts too and added more of the walnut to the top edge of the circle and the honey at the base, stamped it, to give the circle a 3D appearance.
I then added the wheat stamp onto the stamp press and inking with the honey stamped this repeatedly, by sliding the card within the stamp press, across the bottom of the card. This is one of the reasons I love the press to impress board as It has an open side and bottom means I can use any size of card as well as slide card in the press to repeat a stamp perfectly!
To make up the card I simply cut the piece into a 6 x 6" square and then into 3 2" strips. I mounted these in a chestneu card and spaced them evenly, with a 1/4" gap across the front of the card. I made up the card with a long strip of the powder puff style embossing folder ( again form Crafts too and on this weeks shows) Repeating the pattern by embossing twice as these folders are designed to repeat as much as you need and I love flexibility almost as much as value!
The card is finished with an 8x8" card blank in white *( hand made from Limetree A3 warm white card)
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, oh another lovely card, saw this on Hochanda, it is one of those that look so easy.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the video later.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hello John, this card is lovely, and a great design feature with the image cut into panels. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteLove the card. I can see a number of uses for this. So pleased that your video isn't just going to be on Facebook. I just couldn't wait and have just received the Press to Impress platform. Haven't tried it yet but it looks so easy and is very well made. Hopefully this weekend ...
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting,
D xx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, great design in this colourway it would make a great man's card.
Jan
Beautiful card John, love the colours
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John. Another great card. Unfortunately I won't be able to join you live as I will be en route to Spain with family. I will lock myself away somewhere and catch up though (good excuse).
ReplyDeleteSueL x
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous card, will have to catch your video later.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John ,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card love the design.
Catherine xx
Love it, xxx
ReplyDeleteGreat card, could be used for many occasions.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely card John, looking forward to video.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Great card John, lovely colours.Joycex
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John. Pleased to hear that video will be on your blog too.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Love this card it could be done with different colours and stamps and still look stunning. Thank you I look forward to seeing your video about the press.
ReplyDeleteHazel x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
B xx
Beautiful card John , this really appealed to me and I am now awaiting delivery of the Press to Impress !! Looking forward to the video and lots more inspiration.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day. Anne from Calne
Lovely card John. Looking forward to the video tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Great card John,lovely colours.Look forward to video. Joycex
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card, love it. This could be done in any colour and still be brilliant.
I see lots and lots to do with this technique
Looking forward to the Video. Glad it will be on here, I don't do Facebook.
Have a good day
Patricia xxx
Another lovely card John. I like that one very much. xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, see you later at Inspirations
ReplyDeleteStunning card John, lovely design and colour.
ReplyDeleteHugs Julie xxx
Good morning John, lovely card again and would do well in different colours too . Glad you will do the video on your blog as I don't do Facebook.
ReplyDeleteTake care Jane B.
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card again and would be nice in different colours too.
Glad the video will be on your blog as I don't do Facebook.
Take care Jane B.
Gorgeous card, John. Looking forward to the video.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card.
Lydia
X
Great card John, lovely colours.Look forward to video on your blog Joycex
ReplyDeleteIt looks like I have 10 mins to get myself settled and head over to FB to see you live. Lovely card this morning by the way.
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Great card John. Will catch the video later love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Really beautiful !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John another beauty today love the card colours are lovely stamps are great thank you love June horrocks xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John xx fab card again, lots of love and huggs to you xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John xx fab card again, lots of love and huggs to you xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John what a fabulous card, looks so expensive. I just need the plates and masks,
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John your card is stunning I love it. Your Facebook live presentation was brilliant you do explain things well. Enjoy the rest of your time there. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI love this stunning card and look forward to seeing the video tomorrow.
Maureen x
Awesome card design and technique using the media plate. Thank you for the offer to put your video on this blog. I don't do Facebook and would miss out if not.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteMy friend called this morning and she met you yesterday! She also thinks you are a lovely man!! It seems to be unanimous! Lol!
Lovely card again . Will watch and listen with interest to your video! Thanks for putting it on here as I don't do Facebook either.
Safe journey home!
Love Myra x
Another lovely card using these fantastic invention - the media plates and the Press to Impress platform
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteHi John, loving your card. You have good reason to be proud of yourself.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWonderful to have you back on the TV.
just missed your first show as I have been away from blogging as my Hubby was having a shed extension and we had family staying to help.
So I managed to record the second show.
Your card is gorgeous and I love the wonderful sunset look to this card.
Loving you new blog face, and am so glad you have your own wonderful brand of crafty things that are selling well I hope.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI so love this design, the card is fabulous
June x
WOW John love this card it's stunning gorgeous colou
ReplyDeleteHug's Lynda xx
Hi John. Well this is a really stunning card. I can't wait for the media plates to come back into stock so that I can have a play too.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, beautifully designed card, loving the colours, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John This is such a lovely card Thank you so much for responding to our requests to put the video on this blog you are a star in every way!
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Love this. Looking forward to watching the video as I also don't do Facebook.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Look forward to your video tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning, looking forward to having to time to catch up with the video.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteTerrific tryptich(try saying that after a Vimto). Lovely shades of Autumn.
See, I'm not the only one that doesn't do Facebook.....there are many of us Ludites lol!
Ang x