Happy Thursday,
Todays card is another one that looks complex but is relatively simple. Just three colours a stamp and some gilding polish all the work is done by the dies and just 2 sets used on this card!
I started by making the panel at the pack by cutting the title gemini die just using one section and the cutting edge in bright white foundation card. I rooted the die and cut the same pattern at the bottom. Next I cut a larger black mat for the piece using just the matching outline die. I mounted the white on the black and added 3mm what stick on pearls around the detail.
Next I made the main panel using just die number 1, 2 and 3 from the antwerp die set from the belgian collection. I cut a solid back in white and stuck the blue filigreed panel on top. Next I added back in die 3 from the set to cut the perfect centre to the panel. I repeated this with another frame and rotated them together adding them together with faom tape.
I added strip of bluebird double sided satin ribbon across the white panel and aded the frames on top.
I stamped the thank you sentiment from my lily of the valley everyday sentiments set onto white card. I cut it oust using one of the circle dies form the frames and tags collection although you could easily cut this by hand. I mounted it offset on black circle and added it in the centre o the card with a messy bow made with white and bluebird ribbon.
I added the whole piece to an embossed panel, with the jacobean floral folder, in blue with pearl lustre metallic gilding polish over the top which picks out the embossed areas and alters the colour.
A few pearls in all 3 sizes ( 3mm, 5mm and 8mm) in white and some layers of blue, white and black to balance the stamping and finished.
Enjoy...
Beautiful card John. Love the colours and it looks so complicated but sounds so easy. Will have to try. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteD x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card today.The blue and pearl background is beautiful.
Jan
Morning John, oh another cracker, love the bluebird blue ribbon which blends in so lovely on this card, blue white and black they really go so well together.
ReplyDeleteHope everything is going well with the move and you are beginning to settle in.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hello John, really stunning card, lovely colours. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Beautiful card, the gilded background is very effective. Hope your move is going well and that your craft cave is sorted. Sue x
ReplyDeleteLove colour and background on this card John. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John and I love the background. Marion S
ReplyDeleteHi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card to start off a rainy, dull day in Hull.
Love the blue and white with a hint of black - classy!!!!!!
Hope the move is not to stressful and you are settling in well in your new craft cave.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. I love the background, and the gemini die complements the Antwerp die with its lacey look.
B xx
Beautiful card, love the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, a fantastic card the background is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card today, I love the background.
I finally had a play with the pixie powders yesterday evening, wow I love them.
Today I am going to make a card using some of what I created, fingers crossed it comes out ok.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Good morning John. The pearl gilding polish on the blue embossed card looks lovely, as does the whole design.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
What a great card, John. Love the background.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Super card John. Everything about it Is gorgeous. Xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Great card John. Love this colour combo. Hope the move is going OK and stress levels not too high!!!! Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love it. The dies and the colours are amazing. I hope your move is going well. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteThis is a beauty John what you have done with these dies is brill
ReplyDeleteThank you love June Horrocks xxxxx
Lovely card I'm still struggling using gilding polish but I am getting there I think I am just a bit too heavy handed!
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John oh that is such a beautiful card this morning, the design is just stunning and the colour choice gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Card Thanks For Sharing....
Hugs From Sam xxx
Morning John, Gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
X
So beautiful, xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Lovely card. Hope your move is progressing smoothly and that you will have your craft cave up and running before you get withdrawal symptoms. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John, just to say what a gorgeous card this is, have a great day hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteHi John, just to say what a gorgeous card this is, have a great day hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card today. I always forget about using gilding wax.
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card. That Jacobean EF is gorgeous.
Hugs, Rose
Love your card today john x beautiful dies and gorgeous colours x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
This is lovely, John. The colours and lay out are just perfect.
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Sue Mac
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a very pretty card
June x
Hi John. For me, the best bit of this card is the background. I love the effect of the gilding polish on the embossed blue card, it is really quite stunning.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Lovely card John. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGreat card love the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteJohn i love this card, i really like what you have done
ReplyDeletewith the background.
Love how you ahve arranged the centre dies too.
Love everything about this one.
Beautiful card. Love the background.
ReplyDeleteT
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteA lovely "John" card using one of my favourite embossing folders.
The gilding polish looks very effective.
Looking forward to the shows tomorrow.
Ang x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! Sorry I've been missing some days . Looking forward to your Shows but will have to watch tomorrow's on Catch Up! By the way do you have any influence you could exert on Richard Branson so that we may have Hochanda on Virgin Media? Lol! Thank you .
Love Myra
Lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy x