Happy Saturday,
IM taking a rare Saturday off this week and prepping for another workshop at Rainbow Ribbons in Solihull tomorrow and at Mountain Ash Crafts on Bank Holiday Monday.
I thought I would show a couple of simple cards this weekend starting with this simple stamped use of the Autumnal wreath form the autumn elements clear stamp sets designed by me for this weeks shows.
I stamped the wreath in watering can archival ink. I then coloured this with Distress markers using a water brush to pull out the colour and give some shading.
A simple mat of deep cocoa and a 5 x 5 card blank and a simple card finished another one great for the men I think!
Enjoy...
Morning John, today's card is simple but elegant, thank you for all the tips and techniques, the show's were brilliant x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a beautiful elegant card love the colours, not manages to watch the shows yet hopefully catch the rest tonight.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, such a beautiful card today, so elegant, that stamp set is superb, and I so enjoyed your shows, went back yesterday and saw some again, loved them.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, love todays card, very elegant. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother great card and so different from the recent ones.
Thanks for emailing me so promptly yesterday, I really appreciated it. Now for the laugh ...
I already have the die I was asking about!
Enjoy your day off although it sounds like you'll still be working to some extent.
D x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card so clean and simple but is so elegant.
Jan
Lovely elegant card John in nice Autumn colours. Enjoy your rare Saturday off. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteLovely card, the wreath stands out so well against the simple background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteThank you for a beautiful, clean no fuss card. The stamps are beautiful and the way you colour them is fantastic.
Loved the shows yesterday and recorded them as well for prosperity .
You deserve today off after yesterday's hectic and very busy schedule.
Enjoy the Bank holiday weekend!!!
Love and crafty hugs.
Tina T xxxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA great card thank you and thank you for all the great shows.
Have a nice day off take care Kitty.
Love the simplicity of this card. Your shows were great, full of tips and ideas. Hope all your new stamps become available generally very soon.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
PS just visited Julia's blog - so pleased she has your stamps: I've spent!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, perfect for the men in our lives.
Great shows yesterday. Thank you for showing stamping with gilding polish.
I don't think you've taken time off if you are prepping! Enjoy the long weekend.
B xx
Morning John. Lovey masculine card. Really like the wreath.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove this card.
Loved the shows yesterday had to watch most of them later but did watch one live.
Loved the demos and the stamps, which are on my must have list.
Enjoy your day off
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, loved the demos, samples and of course, the stamps. You have so deserved a day off, but then it's not a day off, is it (if you're prepping). There is a saying I once read, along the lines of : "Find a job you like and you'll never have to work again". Surely that must apply to you ...
Hugs, Rose
Hi John. Lovely clean and simple card today. Enjoy your day off!!!!!! Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLove this card, John. I hope your prep doesn't take all day so you can really have some time off!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
X
Hi John. You do make me laugh. You are taking a Saturday off, but you are not taking a Saturday off off, as Peter Kaye would say.
ReplyDeleteSueL x
A stunner today John love it thank you for sharing
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteLovely warming Autumnal shades really bring this stamp to life. If you colour the foliage shades of green and pop flowers over the acorns, hey presto, Summer wreath......add poinsettias, Christmas! Versatile or what lol!
And everyone has you sussed......you only have a day off when you're next to a pool somewhere abroad and even then, you take your sketch book with you!
Ang x
Loving the Autumnal shades you have used here on TV. xxx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John, that is such a lovely Autumn birthday card the colouring is just fabulous. Love your new stamps and cant wait to play with them. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, this card is stunning, love the simplicity of the white with the lovely autumn colours. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteLove the programmes on Hochanda, John. Love this card, too.
ReplyDeleteSue M
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this range but could only afford one set of stamps this week.and this was the one I bought! Love it. Great shows. My birthday is September so I am an Autumn child.
Anne M xxx
Very attractive card, I like the autumnal colouring.
ReplyDeleteT
Love the card and beautiful colours and this sentiment DOES suit me hee hee!
ReplyDeleteA clean and crisp card today John, the wording says it all
ReplyDeleteJune x
Lovely card john x the autumnal colours are beautiful x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John love this card. The colours are fabulous a real Autumnal feel to this card.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Beautiful Autumnal card John. I really like this one and it's a useful stamp to have! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteLove Myra
Hi John. What lovely colours you have used on today's card and the sentiment is perfect - I am an October's Child!!!.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, You are definitely a 'busy bee', I love this 11
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Beautiful
ReplyDeleteCarol
This may be a simple one but it is a very elegant one too.
ReplyDeleteLove the clean and simple look and this really doesn't
need anything added.
Love this one.
Hi John I am back. Your card is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteFinally got the computer again, oh i love this card in it's bonnie colours. I love the sheer stylish beauty of this simple arrangement as it shows it off to all its glory. I know being a woman i should want it all prettified up with gems and sparkle but i love it for me just the pure and simple way it is, so i know you're saying the perfect man's card but for me it could be for so many people that like simple elegance. Thank you flower for such a wonderful peace of beauty,
love and crafty hugs
Norah (glenochil village)