The pixie powders have made another trip to Belgium this time popping up in the Belgium background. This is a really easy card to make with an Art Deco look to it.
This is an easy card to make, I started by adding pixie powders in aqua lagoon and purple violet to wet watercolour card. When dry I embossed it with the dotty daisy A4 embossing folder. Next I used the Purple gilding polish to highlight the embossing
I then cut the Belgium background in black foundation card cut with a large border. I added the embossed panel. Next I cut the centre out using the number 2 die in the set. I then cut a black layer for this using die 2 and 3 and added this over the embossed panel. I then cut the centre out using the final die in the set and matted this onto a piece of black cut form making the frame.
To make up the card I added the back panel to a white card blank then added the other layers simply rotating each panel.
Finally I added a knotted piece of seam binding that I coloured with the pixie powders ( i will be demoing this on my show on the 12th august!)
Enjoy...
Morning John, today's card is gorgeous xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. These pixie powders are so vibrant, I must get some . Joyce x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Oh I like this one, those pixie powders are great on here. Got to try this out.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteanother stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Wow, stunning. Love it all.
ReplyDeleteD x
Morning John
ReplyDeleteThis is really Art Deco it's great.
Jan
Morning John, this card is stunning and as you say very Art Deco. Love the colours of the pixie powders you have used.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
What an eye catching card John and now you have shown me how to use pixie powders, I'll be trying this out later! Thank you
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Morning John, a gorgeous card the colours of the pixie powders are lovely and vibrant and as everyone else said very Art Deco.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
morning John
ReplyDeleteFabulous card. You could add a sentiment if you wanted to. Really pretty.
Anne M xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThank you another bright and beautiful card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA fabulous card. Can't wait to see how you colour the ribbon with pixie powders.
B xx
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love it. I have some Pixie Powders now I must have a play. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning card, the colours are so striking, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteStunning effect on this card. I love it.
I might have a play later on today (if I don't get invaded by Grandchildren lol) I bought all the pixie powders and need to try them out.
Thanks For the inspiration you give me
Maggie
Morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteWow another stunner, will have to get some pixie powders!!!!
The black frames really make this card POP, looking for now to 12th August.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Morning John, This card definitely has the Art Deco look to it, lovely colours.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
I keep thinking I must get the Belgian Background. You've convinced me!
ReplyDeleteHi John, love your post title, and your card is stunning, beautiful colours and design, Kate x
ReplyDeleteI have actually started playing with my Pixie Powders. Love the look of this background.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Wow stunning, stained glass comes to mind!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card.
Lydia
X
Hi John, fabulous card, really love the Art Deco look on this.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love the Belgium dies, they are very dramatic. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John, great card. I love the effect the pixie powders give. I think I was a bit heavy handed with them when I first tried them, but less is definitely the way to go. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John love this card it's just beautiful
ReplyDeleteThank you love June Horrocks xxxxx
Really dramatic card John. I love it.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Hi John, it's a stunner of a card, must try that arrangement. Have got a few pixie powders and can't wait to try them out.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Absolutely gorgeous card I love your colour choice my favourite, it really creates a stunning design. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteStriking card john x love the colours x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteVery Deco looking and lovely mix of colours. Did think you were going to demo doing a knot in seam binding on the show until I re-read the line hahaha!
Have a great day.
Ang x
This is gorgeous John. Don't have the Aqua Lagoon powder but it's now on my wish list. Thought in the meantime will try with distress inks. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card! Very striking and I love how you have coloured and used the seam binding! Thank you.
Love Myra
Love the Art Deco look to this card. Beautiful colours.
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI am liking the art deco look, fab card
June x
Hi John. This is one of my very favourite dies, I had to get it as soon as I saw it. Love the background with the pixie powders, giving the card a very dramatic look.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Wow John i love this card and those gorgeous colours.
ReplyDeleteI always admire your talent for making things and your
ability for making stunning colour backgrounds.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow, what a striker nag card using the pixie powders. I love the Belgium background.
Hello John, such a striking card, love the colours, and very impressed by the very different layout. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning John. This is really my "CUP OF TEA". Love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a card What an effect Love it
ReplyDeletestunning card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteI've been playing with pixie powders and this die set this week, so you've given me another idea. Thank you. Love the card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
What a card What an effect Love it
ReplyDeleteWhat a card What an effect Love it
ReplyDelete