Happy Tuesday,
Another card using the Gillain Frames and tags die today bit hopefully completely different from yesterdays!
I stared this by cutting the tiled square mini striplet 5 times across a piece of gloss black foundation card. I spaced these so that they were even across the page by putting 2 pieces of removable tape equidistant across the page then ling the die up to these for each cut. I foam mounted this over a panel of coconut white foundation card.
I stamped the Sweat Leaves stop to die for in black archival ink twice onto coconut white and cut them out. Next I folded these into quarters and cut each image in one place to the centre. I then taped the 2 die cut together at the back and folded it to circle. Next I cut the centre die from gillian in black and added this in the centre to hold the folds in place finishing with a 5mm stick on pearls. I added cosmic shimmer dries clear glue to the edges of the stamped die cut and added diamond snow to 'frost' the edges.
To make up the card I used the largest 2 dies in the stitched lattice die set to make the white frame which I foam mounted over the triplet background. I stamped the sentiment, from my Lily of the Valley elements clear set in black archival ink and cut it out using the smallest die in the pierced flags die set. I added a thin mat of the black and again frosted the edges with glue and diamond snow.
A few layers of black and white and finished.
Enjoy...
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card today, I have this striplet die set and needed some inspiration to use it again as my first card I made with it was a disaster. I thought so anyway.
I'm off to look at your last few days of posts and catch up after my weekend.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Love this die and love this card. Thanks John.
ReplyDeleteStunning
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hello John, a very stylish and elegant card, love the monochromatic colour way. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a great card that would be ideal for the guys too, love the way you have done the rosette.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteYou two must think alike cos Sue has posted a striplet card using the same die!
Nice card.
Anne M xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA great card Thank you.
John you are in sync with Sue again.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteYou and Sue were telepathetic today lol!
Lovely card but you lost me at "Sweat Leaves" lol!
Mind you, just got home from another night at the NHS pleasure so not sure what day it is 😪
Ang x
Great card for men. Like the monochrome it always looks classy. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteGreat card John. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteStriking card John same striplet as Sue this morning.
Jan x
Morning John, oh I so love this card, I saw you doing the stamping onto this gillian shape on Hochanda and it worked so well, looks really nice on this card. Coincidentally Sue has used the same striplet on her card today too, it really is a lovely die, now I have 2 lots of inspiration, best get cutting out.
ReplyDeleteHope the move is going well, it is such a big step isn't it.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. Both you and Sue have showcased this striplet today, a case of Great Minds Think Alike.
B xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous monochrome design I love how you have used the dies. I hope your move is going well and that you feel settled very soon. I am looking forward to your shows in a few days time. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteThe telepathic crafting twins are at it again using the same striplet die!!!
Beautiful card , love the monochrome effect. Although same die, two different interpretations using it.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxxx
Stunning card-live it. This could easily be made into a Christmas card-thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteMichele
It's so interesting to see how different people use the same die. Another great card, John.
ReplyDeleteHi John, love this Striplet, you and Sue in tune this morning. Hope the move is going ok. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely a WOW card John. Just love it.
ReplyDeleteHope the moving is going to plan.
Love Valxxx
Love it I said on Sue's blog that this Striplet is on my wish list
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John, its ironic that both you and Sue use the same die this morning, I love your black and white design though, and another male card design to. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John love the striplets dies and the tags are brill
ReplyDeleteThank you love June Horrocks xxxxx
Morning John, Both yourself and Sue have used this striplet die today, great minds ... and all that haha. A beautiful monochrome card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteSame die as Sue but completely different, lovely.
Lydia
X
Morning John
ReplyDeleteLove using the striplet dies and this one gives a dramatic result, especially using black card
June x
You've done it again, used same striplet as Sue today!! Great striplet, great card, great minds. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. Love it.
Hugs, Rose
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card - looks really smart. I love it. Thank you.
Love Myra
Classy card today john x I love it x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John. That's funny, Sue used this die on her post today. I have this striplet die, but hadn't thought of using it in this way. What a very good idea and nice to see that the card could be used to send to either gender.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
A nice elegant card. The choice of black and white is a good one.
ReplyDeleteT
Great card the striplet dies are so useful. Good to see how both you and Sue have used this die.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Thank you so much for sharing. That's one striplet I haven't got.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for the late comment as I have come down with the most horrendous cold & chest infection.
ReplyDeleteFab card today john and I love the background piece made with the striplet die.
This is one die I have yet to get.