Happy Sunday,
Day 2 in Darlington and a simple card for today just using the borders and flourishes set of clear stamps from my Christmas range.
I stamped the seasons Greating stamp around a frame made using the double pierced squares dies. I shaded the edges using basil leafy colour cloud bending ink. Next I stamped the solid ivy flourish corner around all four corners of a square cut with the double pierced squares. Next I stamped the open ivy corner over the top to define the lines and make it look like I had coloured them in by hand. I shaded around the square and added this to the card blank.
I stamped the star wreath form my elegant reindeer set in the Green gold sparkle embossing powder. I mounted the stamped frame over this and added t to the card blank.
Hopefully a simple quick card perfect for you batch cards!
IMPORTANT NOTE I have had loads of emails regarding the sticky and other embossing powders I have used I only use Cosmic Shimmer embossing powders so all instructions are for the use of these, different embossing powders (especially Sticky or bonding powders form other companies may work differently and I have no experience of them)
enjoy...
Morning John, loving today's card xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today. Great colourway .
Anne M xxx
Morning John, oh a stunning card for us today, I saw you doing something like this recently and loved it, the colours are so vibrant and this type of card can be made so that there is not too much foam on it so can be posted.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Lovely card John, clean and simple lines!So effective.
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Morning John. A beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card
B xx
Hi John, and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today, so clean and simple!!
I have these embossing powders, will have to get the stamps.
Enjoy day 2 at Darlington!!!!!!!
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
A beautiful card John in lovely colours. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteLove this card John lovely colours and stamps thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love it. Enjoy the workshops today and a safe journey home. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteJust love this John. Quite cas compared to some of yours.
ReplyDeleteLove Val in Spainxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletea pretty, fresh card. Your stamps are lovely.
Hugs, Rose
Love the clean lines of this card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Pretty card
ReplyDeleteLess is more!
Carol
Brilliant card, love the Clean & Simple look of it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA very elegant card.
Lydia
X
Good Morning John wow that is such a beautiful card and such a unusual colour to use for a Xmas card but it looks just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card, simple but very effective. Have a safe journey home. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Love the design, simple but lovely.
Hope your enjoying your time in Darlington.
Hi John lovely card today, such clean lines - great.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Lovely card John. I bought this set the other day but I haven't started Christmas yet. Too many others to do for birthdays etc.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Beautiful card John, simple and effective all in one go, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, simple and effective all in one go, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI really like how you created the frame around the wreath, it's very effective
June x
really pretty card John ,nice stamps,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Thanks for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is not really for me but I can still admire the skill and the design.
We can't all like everything! I hope your time in Darlington is going well.
Love Myra
Love this So my cup of tea
ReplyDeleteNice card John, but not enough bling for me for Christmas. Sorry
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John, this card is just fantastic, love the shades of green. Bx
ReplyDeleteJohn i love this card, those stamps are so pretty and definately a must have this christmas.
ReplyDeleteI just love that the stamps effortlessly do all the work
and make it one stunning card.
Lovely card. Simple but sharp. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteT
Lovely card john x hope you had a great weekend x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Love the design of this card but not being a lover of green would make it in a different colour.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card also I must say Thank you to John and Frankie for a great techniques day with John yesterday at Frankies craft shop Darlington, went home to play with the spare pieces, nothing will be wasted
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteSimple and straightforward and we all have times we need those quickie cards.
Must start thinking of making a start on Christmas cards.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI do like how you have created this card, it's simple but lovely.
My fingers are itching to card make but have to wait as my 1 year old Grandaughter will be here soon for the day.
Enjoy your packing
Maggie