Happy Wednesday,
In keeping with the theme of using a die form the previous day i seem to be doing this week todays card again uses one of the dies form yesterdays project. This is a planned demo so you may have to wait to find out how the background was made but theres nothing stoping you form trying!
I cut the background and added white and black panels at different depths ( using additional layers of foam tape).
I made a frame using the double pierced rectangles set a and mounted black, red and white to make the larger card.
I cut the Exquisite poppies dies using the three largest dies in the set in rich red foundation card. I shed these using my stamping mat and a ball tool and shaded the edges using black archival ink and a mini smoothie. I cut the centres from black foundation card, shaped them with my ball tool and aded these in the centre with a 3mm stick on black pearl.
I mounted these over a spray of ivy leaves made using the Sue Wilson ivy die from the finishing touches collection in brunswick green foundation card.
A very Japanese card?
Enjoy...
Beautiful card John. I love red, black and white together as it's so dramatic. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteD x
Morning John, oh yes this card certainly has a Japanese theme to it, I think it is gorgeous, and again love that die.
ReplyDeleteHope the move is progressing well.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Stunning card John. The colours are so striking and lovely poppies.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
I don't mind at al having a card from you showing another version with the same die. It just shows us how versatile the disease. Love this card, very striking!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B
Beautiful card John. This shows how the same die as yesterday can give a totalling different look. I think the colours used also help it to give the Japanese look. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful card, I love the way that you have created the effect of a screen, stunning!
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove all the different ways you are using the same striplet die. This card looks amazing, very oriental.
Jan x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteYes very Japanese. I solo love the way you are using this die - it's a very useful striplet.
Anne M xxx
Gorgeous
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA striking card. I love how you've used the striplet die to create a background.
B xx
Brilliant carp. Love this striplet.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, just goes to show what you can do with a die!!!!
Telepathic twins again using the poppie as an adornment.
Striking colours, will have to wait for the demo.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
WOW, that's a card with impact. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card I love it. The background and the poppies are beautiful. I hope your prep for the shows is going well along with the move. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHello John, this card is incredible, love the black, white and red colourway. very oriental. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a gorgeous card hope the move is going good for you it can be a very stressful time.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, I love this card, very oriental, must give it a try. I have got some beautiful oriental paper in my stash, you know the ones you stroke and keep for something special. I might just set one free, love Rosemarie X.
ReplyDeleteHi John, stunning card fabulous colours and design, love the blooms in the corner.
ReplyDeleteHope all is going well with the house move, Kate x 😉
Love this card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good Morning John hope the move is going smoothly, by the way I eventually tracked down that Butterfly sentiment it was on one of the Sentiment sheets. Yes I so agree this one is definitely very Japanese influenced, love it. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John yes makes me think of Japan love the background and the flower is beautiful thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxx
Hi John. Yet another idea for using this die. It does remind me of Japanese screens even though I would usually use gloss black, red and gold to create a Japanese effect.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Striking card john x very oriental look its gorgeous x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSo, did you have an attack of The Vapors? ............. 80s music fans may figure that one lol!
A definite touch of The Orient (and not Leyton lol!) and I'm not being saki!
You know I have a yen for florals ........ok, no more Japanese references lol!
Great card and lovely poppies.
Ang x
I think that there is a feel of Japan to this die too ,only said so on Sue's blog yesterday ,Great card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWow I love this card, I'm starting to like this die set more and more.
Love the bold red & black as well.
I was hoping for a day free to do some crafting but ended up babysitting again.
Hoping tomorrow will be my craft day as I need to make some birthday cards for friends.
Hope the move is going well.
Maggie
Lovely - the poppy dies are so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you and hope the move is progressing well.
Sue Mac
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteIt's very nice to see the same die used in different ways! Proves its versatility ! Lovely card - have you found anything interesting in your craft stash that you had forgotten all about! Lol!
Love Myra
Very dramatic card love the colours. Hope the move is going well.
ReplyDeleteFab card again today and I love those colours together and the whole design.
ReplyDeleteIt is so nice to see dies being used in so many ways.
Gorgeous card John. Think that die will have to go on my wish list. Thanks for sharing this.
ReplyDelete