Another sample form the shows a couple of weeks ago using the brilliant teal foundation card which I am always forgetting about! i love the way this works so well with the black and white a great way to revitalise black and white.
I stared by cutting the triple gemini die in order on teal, then the outline and detail in white with a black mat cut with just the outline. Next I cut the first three dies in a piece of white and finished with the last outline in a further piece of teal.
I trimmed each piece of card making each piece slightly thinner to create the layers.
for the focal element I cut the bruges die in white and backed it with black. next i layers up the detail dies in the set finishing with the stamped sentiment from my nasturtium everyday sentiments.
I finished with layers of teal black and an embossed layer of white. I added black stick on pearls at the edges and used a couple of strips of teal and black seam binding to balance the bow.
enjoy...
Morning John, today's card is beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John. I love teal and the black and white with it really sets it off. Fabulous. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteD x
Morning John, yes I remember this from Hochanda too, and on the strength of the demo's and samples you had I went ahead and purchased the die, oh wow it really is a cracker, thanks to you I have another in my collections, oh and my set of Couture Creations dies arrived yesterday too, I am a happy bunny.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card. I have all the sies required so I will probably make this one.
Anne M xxx
Lovey card John. Funnily enough I made a card yesterday in these colours and was pleased with result. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, great colours and dies.
B xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the card and it's beautiful in teal and black so striking.
Jan
Stunning card John. Teal and black always looks so striking.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful thank you.
Have fun and take care Kitty.
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteOne word for this card "STUNNING"
Love black and white but the teal really does make it pop!!!
This is another die that I need to get!
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxx
A great card I love the teal colour
ReplyDeleteIt's so rich xx
Great card, love the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, a gorgeous card and I do like the teal colour.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Great colour contrast which really stands out.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John. I have always loved teal, and you are right it looks great with black and white. Great card. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLove it
ReplyDeletexxxx
Lovely card John, using one of my fave colours. Xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card,
ReplyDeleteCarol
Love this, John. The colours are great.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the colour and the dies are amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLove this card the dies and the colour stunning!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Good Morning John a beautiful card and I love the colour choice. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteLove the card and the colours you have used. Have teal card but it is rarely used.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card. I did watch all of your shows loved the demos.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Interesting colour combination although I am not sure about it. Do like the design though.
ReplyDeleteT
Love the colours and I've never seen this Gemini showing two colours in the patterned area Does that make sense!
ReplyDeleteHi John. I am back from Berlin and all inspired by the wonderful decorations in the palaces, museums and art galleries. A lovely card today, I have always loved the teal coloured card.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Love the card John and the teal is a beautiful colour.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteThe teal, black and white is a striking combo and the simplicity of the design really emphasises this.
Best wishes.
Ang x
Gorgeous card John. Sorry I didn't comment yesterday but had a busy day and fell asleep before I could comment.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful design and I love the colours
ReplyDelete