I called this post pretty in pink(ish) as I always think this colour is pinkish and not true pink./ I love the way it works so well with black which can be a problem with some shades of pink.
I started by cutting the Gerbera Square frame in the blush card I mounted this over a white piece stamped with the sentiment from my Gerbera Daisy clear stamp set. I framed this in white using the matching square die in the set. I then added a frame made in the blush with the Press Cut stitch dot square dies.
I then stamped the Gerbera Daisy flowers onto white copy paper and cut them out with the matching die. I coloured the edges of the flowers with Rose Izink dye ink pad and scrunched the flowerers to make 3 shabby blooms. I arranged these on a messy bow of off white and black ribbon. I threw in a few hat pins just to frame the spray and a couple of the smallest dragonflies cut in black and backed with white.
Finally I added a few layers of the blush, white and some black to balance the stamping. I also threw in some pearl strips and embossed panel just to add to the interest level! making this small (6"x6") card.
Enjoy...
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother very pretty card.I love it.
Jan
Morning John, a beautiful card and I love these flowers.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hello John, todays card is really beautiful, love everything about it. Have a great day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. love it.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Absolutely stunning John. So glad the dragonfly has made an appearance.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Morning John, a lovely card today, certainly one to go into a box as don't want the flower to get crushed, you have been wearing your design hat again and I like it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful card, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Another lovely card. However please could we have a few ideas for cards using this die which can be posted. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Beautiful card and sentiment john .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
B xx
A lovely card John I am loving seeing all of the different ways you show the Gerbera/Daisy die Today’s flower looks so different
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Beautiful John. Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the pop of black.
Lydia
X
Gorgeous John,xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card, thank you. It is small with a lot of impact, perfect.
Love Diane x
Lovely and just my size of card. Really like how you have created your flowers. Thought I could get away with just buying the Gerbera die but now realise I really need the stamp set too as it would make my flowers so much better and also give so many more variations.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card and stunning flowers.
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Hi John a beautiful card love the flower
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxx
A beautiful card John. Love the flowers and the colours. Thank you. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHi John really pretty card love the delicate pink
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. I love the colour xx
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card it is just so pretty I love it. Have a great weekend. I will miss seeing you at Ally Pally. There will be other times. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I’m very sorry, I thought I’d left a post yesterday but clearly not! I loved the card! So different.
Today’s is a beauty also!
Have a lovely weekend,
Love Myra xx
Beautiful! The flowers look gorgeous. xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI'm lost for words (there's a first time for everything) as today's card is absolutely stunning, and the pearlage is gorgeous!
love Maureen
Hi John. Such a pretty card today. I really love the splash of colour provided by the flowers.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
A day late with my comment John. As often happens, your posts arrive in my in-box a day late. The card is beautiful and the Gerbera die is at the top of my wish list. My Birthday today and I now have gift certificates to spend at Inspirations in Preston and IOU transport notes so I will be purchasing the die if it is in stock.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy weekend.
Marie P.
WOW! This is just gorgeous. So beautiful. I love it man
ReplyDelete