Happy Monday,
One from the vaults today from the show samples I made for the last pick of the day shows upon Create and Craft earlier this year. As I am sure you know I sign off my blog posts with the word Enjoy and I was over the moon when sue designed an Enjoy die! This is the first one I cut form the Expressions range and made this card with the resultant piece!
To make the card I die cut the oval from the Austrian collection salzburg die in periwinkle blue and then cut a smaller aperture using the oval from the Vienna die in coconut white. I mounted these above each other and cut the white piece with a slightly larger border.
next I cut 4 of the ornamental corners (the set contains 2 dies which are designed as opposites of each other) in cobalt card and mounted them as a frame around the blue card. I then simply added the Enjoy die cut in white and then added a few layers of the periwinkle, cobalt and coconut white card to make this 5x7" card.
To add some interest to the front I made a spray of camels using both the complete and open petals in what. I added these to a messy bow in white seam binding with a couple of pearl stick pins.
To pick out the detail on the corner pieces I added some dots of cosmic pearl PVA and finished. Hopefully a card you can send for any occasion and one that's worth having for those moments when we need to send one quickly!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Enjoy expressions die
Ornamental Corner
Salzburg & Vienna die sets
Camila open & Closed petals
Cobalt, Periwinkle & coconut white foundation card
Cosmic Pearl PVA
as always, Enjoy...
Gorgeous card john, got pc problems.
ReplyDeletestay safe, healthy and happy, hugs june smith xxx
Lovely card John, Clean,crisp and as you say quite simple technique, but non the less a card that anyone would be over the moon to receive. Take care, Linda.
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteLovely card, Thank you. take care Kitty.
Really simple and easy to create
ReplyDeleteLove it
Gorgeous card-love everything about it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, a beautiful card as you say for any occasion.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love the design the colours and the dies are fantastic. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely dies used here.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this corner die, and I love the colours you have used. I have actually got 4 corners cut out ready to 'finish' off so will do the effect you are showing here. (See I did remember what you said about thinking where you cut your corners out for other cards and use the waste for another card lol) proves I was listening at your demo that day lol.
Have a great day
Maggie
Hi John, A beautiful card John but I don't think that you brought back a camel from Egypt did you ??ha ha.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card, John. The Camelia flower dies are on my wish list.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, can see this one in many different colour ways.
Lydia
X
Morning John, Lovely card today, like your spray of " Camels" love these dies very handy! Thanks for sharing, love Junex (Cumbria)
ReplyDeleteLove these colours and that spray of camels really finish it off! I've been to Sue's blog and thought I must get the Peonies and now I'm thinking I must get the Camelias! I really can't justify getting both! Perhaps we're winners in the work Lottery syndicate!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today, love how you have used PVA glue....must use mine more often.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today, love how you have used PVA glue....must use mine more often.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the spray of camels!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, the way that you have put everything together is beautiful including the spray of camels! Thanks,
Heather Treble
You do make me laugh, love the camels and the card is gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card!
And you brightened my Monday morning with your camels!!! It just makes you smile, love it..
Lorna D
Morning John, a very pretty card, love the Ornate Corners when used to make a frame..
ReplyDeleteWendyxx
Beautiful Cards John, I've looked at them everyday, but I don't always leave a comment. Hope you're well and happy and enjoying your busy life. Janice xx
ReplyDeletehttp://createdbyjan.blogspot.com
A gorgeous card!
ReplyDeleteHi John, gorgeous card, very classy. X Ros
ReplyDeleteHi John, a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteGreat card John, if the flowers were not on it would make a good "man" card as well.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Hi John, beautiful card, it would make a good mans card but I would leave off the camels!!! sorry John, it made me smile when I read this, Pleased you enjoyed Egypt, I lived there for 3 years and enjoyed every minute of it.
ReplyDeleteRegards Liz.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card I have just got the Enjoy die its so useful for male and female cards I love it.
Hugs Annx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI love this card. Could be good for a mans card which are so difficult to do.
Beautiful John
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day lol!
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother absolutely beautiful card, love what you've done with the dies.
Best wishes, Rose
Good afternoon John a spray of camels is such a wonderful collective noun description, so appropriate. I much prefer to think about camellias though!! Super card love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, nice card love the enjoy die and the camels flower is gorgeous lol. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeletestunning card great use of dies ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a super creation, and I love that new fab die ENJOY.
Sorry I haven't been around lately, but I have had to go to Wales to see my sister who is not at all well.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Hi John. I am playing catch up so have to say that I loved Saturday's card. the Canadian background is great isn't it. I do wish I coud get to watch Sue at Creative Expressions but will have to wait until Ally Pally in September instead. Sunday's card is another beauty and today's Enjoy is a wonderful any occasion card. I love the gorgeous Ornamental Corners, and also the spray of CAMELS,( I love predictive text) : )) Take care x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm late but a busier day than expected.
Well, with inviting folk to a dieting day and now the spray of camels (should be a slobber of camels having seen them in action) there's never a dull moment lol !!!
Gorgeous shades of blue and your signature "Enjoy" all make for a fab card.
Sweet dreams.
Ang x
Hi John, really elegant card today.
ReplyDeleteBlessings - Deb C xx