Happy Tuesday,
I've been on my travels again this weekend visiting the lovely Crafty Knits in Chorley as well as spending a day in the brilliant Craft Barn in Redhill I meant a wonderful bunch of people in both locations and had a great weekend!
I'm sorry to ask this again but is it too dark? lol I made this card after the dark one from last week (I do tend to make cards in series using the same range of colours as you may be able to tell form my Blue fetish!)
I cut and embossed the Greek Island collection background in taupe card and inked over the embossing with shabby shutters distress ink and a smoothie (which are back in stock yay!) I then used Vintage photo on the trellis to give some definition and foam mounted the piece over a mat of the taupe card.
I edged the piece with more of the vintage photo then layered it with a piece of Brunswick green foundation card that I embossed with the A4 rambling blossoms embossing folder from CE.
Next I cut one of the Greek island collection borders in the green and ran it down the left hand side. Next I cut the Best Wishes expressions die in the green and the taupe and using spray glue, offset them with the taupe on top so that a shadow is given around the words. I mounted this onto a shaded piece of taupe cut with one of the shapes in the Greek island collection and finished.
The question is again is this a little dark, this is the last of my current shaded dark cards and I really want to know if I should start another series? lol
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Greek Island collection background
Border corner and tag set
Rhodes die set
best Wishes expressions die
Distress ink in Shabby shutters and vintage photo
Brunswick green and taupe foundation card
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThis card does look a little moody, I quite like it, Thank you.
John you just do what comes to mind be it dark or pastel. You cannot please everybody. Have fun,and take care Kitty.
Love this card John, more dark cards I say!!!
ReplyDeleteXxxxxxRuth
Morning John, a fabulous card another great one for all the guy's in our lives we need grungy as well as pastels love it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, nice card today but for me it is too dark, only my opinion obviously as I like brighter pastel shades.
ReplyDeleteHappy Tuesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Nice card but a bit dark for me. It will be interesting to see what the majority opinion is on todays comments.
ReplyDeleteMichele
No no no it's not too dark for me It'd be great for my friends - male and female Might be a little dark for my MIL but I think even she'd like it because of the fabulous design
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this card is gorgeous I love the design. I don't think it is too dark. It is good to make cards in different styles to suit different people. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteNo this card is just right, I quite like dark cards, shows us we can make these cards for men.
I say more dark cards please and blue ones lol.
Have a great day
Maggie
It's not to dark but a little guilding wax or glitter would lift it...!
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
It is your own personal choice....but for me too dark....I had to zoom on to read the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteNice card though
Carol
I like the colour. This convinces me I should treat myself to the Greek background. Have been thinking about it for ages...
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteHmm, a little too dark for me. I didn't actually realise the swirl in the corner was a sentiment until I read your ingredients lol! Love the design.
Have a great day.
Ang x
No, it's NOT too dark... and a lovely change from all the blue ones lately!
ReplyDeleteHi John, no it's not too dark I like it but I also like your other colour schemes, so a bit for everyone as tastes are different.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteToo dark for me sorry and the sentiment is dufficult to make out. Karen x
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid the sentiment doesn't work for me but the main design is lovely and certainly not too dark.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFrom the other comments it's been a mixed reaction so far, and I agree with the 'too dark', it is very difficult to see the sentiment, maybe it's better in daylight!
Lorna D
I like this John, not too dark for me, I think the sentiment would show better in real life as sometimes the light and shadow from the photo's distracts. Keep them coming! Hugs to all, Linda.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteIt's great to see different colours and designs, I really like this card. I wonder if the photograph may make it look a bit darker than in real life, as the dark green looks almost black on my screen. Anyway thanks for the great ideas.
Heather Treble
Good morning John is it dark or just the lighting when photographed? Probably looks different in reality but I like the design love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous John, doesn't look dark to me.
ReplyDeleteLove & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John. Great card. It is another darker one but not in a bad way. Not every occasion calls for light and bright so it's good to see a variety of colours. Take care x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I love it !! I love the colours you have used, it gives a 'moody' effect which is absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John, This looks like a wintery card to me John, a bit of sparkle and it could be Christmas! Like the design not sure about colours, thanks for sharing,
ReplyDeleteLove Junex (Cumbria)
Hi John,
ReplyDeletenot too dark for me. I love that Greek b/grd, use it quite a lot - unfortunately lately for sympathy cards.
Bst wishes, Rose
Hi John, the question for me isn't is it too dark, more like the colours are not a great match. I could not read the sentiment, had to look in the used to make section.
ReplyDeleteX Ros
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteMorning John, no, not too dark for me, but I would have made the sentiment die a brighter (white) to highlight it. As it is, I can hardly make out what it's saying, so perhaps a shadow die cut behind it might help
Hi John, it does look a bit dark and the sentiment not easily seen. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteAs others have said, the greeting is quite difficult to read... it may be better in real life. I do not find the card too dark. The Greek Island Collection of dies are just the most amazing dies I have ever used and I think any time they are used, a stunning card will be the result.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Jan from NSW (Aus)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis ones just a tad to dark for me, but it's still a lovely card. Loved yesterday's card, but couldn't get in on the Internet. Probably won't see the show that you did. I probably wasn't able yo record it, as our hard drive only does 8 days in advance.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the design, I was lucky to win this die in Sues launch and made a lovely card last week using it. I did mine in a few different green distress inks and white. I do love your colour choice as well.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteNice card but think I would only send it to a male, as I think the colours are quite masculine.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Love the design John and I like the colour, especially for a male card. Pat x
ReplyDeleteNot too dark for me John I think it is nice to mix things up a bit xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteAwww, this is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHi John, nice card an not to dark for my liking, I think some cards look just right in the darker colours. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI like darker colours and so do some of the people I make cards for so interested to see what people do with them. I really like this card, I love these dies and got them as I love trellis designs and ivy therefore this was always going to be a winner for me.
Hugs,
T x
great card ,love to so samples from this die ,love it ,Laura O
ReplyDelete