Happy Tuesday,
Well I held off as along as I could but you know I am a Christmas Card (and the whole Christmas thing) addict! So today here is my fist card for 2015 which, of course, uses a collection of Sue Wilson's new festive collection for Creative expressions. On this first card I had to add one of the matching stamps to die for the 'Twas the night background stamp as I drew this one for Sue!
I stared by stamping the background (A6 sized) in perfect medium then I embossed it using cosmic shimmer detail gold embossing powder onto rich red foundation card. I cut this out and mounted it onto a mat of vintage gold foundation card.
Next I cut a large square of the rich red (18x18cm) and added a strip of the gorgeous snowflake border cut in the vintage gold to the right hand side. I mounted the stamped image to the left and tied a strip of two tone satin ribbon in red around the right hand side and added a bow. I left the knot 'naked' as I love the way you can see the two tones of the red at this point.
To finish I cut the Merry Christmas die once form gold and once from rich red. I mounted the gold on top of the red however i slightly offset the gold sentiment to give a shadow.
I hope you like the rich red and gold of my first Christmas Card of 2015, trust me there are many more to come!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Merry Christmas
Snowflake Corner, Border and tag
Stamps to Die For background stamp 'Twas the night
Vintage gold and rich red foundation card
May Arts two tone satin ribbon
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteWow what a stunner. Thank you ,it is beautiful. Take care Kitty.
Morning John, this card is fantastic, I love it and can't wait to use all my new dies. you have made this card come to life for me.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning I love it.
Have a great day
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous rich-looking card. I love it! I made my first Christmas card yesterday - never made one quite so early before. It must have been seeing all the lovely new dies! Best wishes, Anne O
Simply fabulous !
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Rose
xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, would go lovely with sumptuous Xmas decorations etc.
Best wishes, Rose
This is a classic card,John !!
ReplyDeleteHello John, such a classic colour combo, resulting in a stunning Christmas card. I laughed at the title of todays blog post after yesterdays. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a fabulous opulent card love the colours the red and gold so very classy roll on the rest.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
This is a wonderful card, John. I love this border die.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Really beautiful expensive looking card today John.....all it needs is a posh box to match.
ReplyDeleteHint...hint.....hint
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the rich colours. The stamp and the dies are wonderful. I have ordered the border from Julia I wish now I had ordered the merry Christmas maybe I will be able to get it soon. Have a wonderful day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHI John .All I can say is WOW!!Your card is beautiful.I to think it needs a box to match also. Hope you do to as I don't know were to start. Gloria (Sidcup) x
ReplyDeleteOpulent and Rich looking card made in my two favourite Christmas colours. John this is an absolutely beautiful card, I love it. Now holding my breath and waiting for more of your fabulous Christmas demo's, please, please keep them coming, plus I totally agree with Gloria, this card cries out for one of your creative boxes! Hugs to all, Linda.
ReplyDeleteSo stunning, xxx
ReplyDeleteWow-superb Christmas card. Definitely needs a matching box like the other ladies have commented.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Oh my how gorgeous is this ! beautiful color and a truly lovely style .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
This card is absolutely gorgeous John!!!
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Hi John, Stunning card today and in beautiful rich colours,now I'm not a bow person but this one really suits this card gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing your next designs with Sue 's new dies,I have ordered 4 already, more on the wish list!!
ReplyDeleteAlthough we are melting away here,I have started the Christmas cards already.Take care Jane B.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove it all except the ribbon and bow, just not my thing. Good job we all like different things.
Lydia
X
Love the colours, super card. X
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteWell, I can testify how glorious this looks in the flesh (so to speak)
The stamp is on the shopping list as its stunning so altogether, a truly magnificent creation.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteOh WOW, what a stunning creation, the colours are so rich and elegant.
Looking forward to seeing more of your Christmas ones.
Lorna D
Morning John, Stunning card today! I have four sets already of Sue's new launch dies so can't wait to see what you do with them. This border is one and it looks beautiful thanks for sharing! love Junex (Cumbria)
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Gorgeous !! I love this background stamp, and I love the Merry Christmas and the snowflake border.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
well it's a great card to start with stunning ,love the stamp ,diesand layout of this card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteJohn this is a beautiful card. I, too, am a bit of a Christmas fan and love making special Christmas cards. I hope you will be flattered if I say I might try and emulate what you have done here.
ReplyDeleteJan from NSW (Aus)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the best Christmas cards I have seen....ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Wow ..... simply stunning. I think this would work with blues too.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous
Love
Jo xx
I like!!! Super stamp you have designed John love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John.
ReplyDeleteWow John, this is absolutely stunning - so luxurious. One of the nicest cards I've seen. Wendyx
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see your take on Sue's new die collection and your stamp is exquisite, put both together and wow wow wow a stunning creation, love it!!!
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Good morning John, Wow fabulous!!! Love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!!!
Loopy Lyndaxxx
Hi John, wow what a beautiful card I think it's a very romantic looking Christmas card, have ordered loads of sues dies but none of the stamps as I am really useless at stamping but this card as made me think I might get this one an have a go again. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John WOW I do not know what to say so so so so GORGEOUS LOVE IT.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up looking forward to seeing more thanks
Jeanie .e
Love this card, John the colours, etc are perfect for Christmas ............ will any of your or Sue's products be at Summer Crafting @ Doncaster?? Need to see them in 'real life' before buying xxx
ReplyDeleteWOW what opulence! Just try being miserable while looking at that card. Top of the class John, you've surpassed even yourself this time .
ReplyDeleteOooh John! Between you and Sue you are making it so hard to choose between the dies! As you know I hardly sell my cards so can't justify buying the whole lot My favourites keep changing!
ReplyDeleteAwww, how beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThis Card Is Outstanding The Colours Are Rich And Extremely Opulent I Just Love This Remarkable Card Well Done.
Hugs From Sam x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI just commented on Sue's blog how much I liked all the Christmas stamps, this was one of my favourites though. Well done, it's beautiful. I think the card is absolutely stunning.
Hugs, T x
A very gorgeous and very elegant card today, I love Christmas too and never get tired of seeing the Christmas cards yourself and sue Wilson come up with.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWell, what can I say about your stunning Christmas Card. I haven't seen the 'Twas the night background before, but I'm off to order these dies.
Hi John love traditional looking Christmas cards and this one is a stunner.xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful vibrant red creation today.
Love what you have created here.
Crafty Regards.Jenny L.
Totally awesome card John
ReplyDeleteWow this red and gold is gorgeous. What a fabulous card John....just great! X
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, such a rich colour. New dies and stamp look great.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Oh yes, this is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card. Can't stop looking at it.
ReplyDeleteThis is stunning John, love it.
ReplyDeleteLove & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Wow!!! This is gorgeous. I just ordered several of her new Christmas dies.
ReplyDeleteThis has to be one of the most gorgeous cards I've ever seen. Well done!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards. Please could you tell me what kind of ink pad you use to stamp when you do the cosmic shimmer detail gold parts? I am new to stamping but I think it is probably a clear pad but I have no idea which quality or brand to use.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card.It is my favorite for new Christmas.Thank you John.
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beutiful cards!! The ribbon is very elegant !
Hyeyeong
This card is beautiful. Very elegant and the shade of red with the vintage gold is just perfect.
ReplyDelete