Happy Saturday,
As promised yesterday another use for extending your classic weaving die. I had promised Sue that I would make a basket with this die as its the first thing I saw when I cut the die. This is the result of quite a lot of experimenting!
I simply extended the pattern twice in coconut white to make a long strip. Next I cut 2 sets of the classic weaving die, in lilac, and cut it into strips and simply wove the piece. To finish the edge I used the Cygnus gemini die cutting the outside edge then adding the detail to emboss.
I made the handle with a longer strip of the weaving and added some flowers I made in the lilac card using the cornflower die. I coloured the edges of the flowers using dusty concord distress ink and added different sized dazzlers from the purple selection which has 3 sizes and a mix of colours and, like nature, allows different coloured centres for the flowers.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Classic Weaving die
Gemini Cygnus die
Cornflower die
lilac & coconut white foundation card
Mixed purples dazzlers
dusty concord distress ink pad
Just a quick note on the Pin IT button, I have added a new button to my blog so that you can pin any picture you want form it, past or present. If you hover your mouse over the picture you want then a Pin It button in red will appear in the top left corner simply click it and it will open your pinterest and ask which board you want to pin it to.
Enjoy...
Brilliant idea Haven't got these dies but I wonder if the vertical strips could be glued to say a rectangle or oval and actually do a basket weave type basket if you get my drift
ReplyDeleteMorning John, wow would never have thought of this, was a great idea.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Saturday whatever your are doing, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx
This is very different but a good idea.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea thank you, have a great day. Kitty.
Morning John, a fabulous idea saw it on c&c when you were on with Sue I think it was brilliant.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYou never cease to amaze!!
Your 3D projects are simply stunning.
Lorna D
Amazing project, xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, what a great idea.Have a great weekend.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow! another of your wonderful creations, it's gorgeous.
Lydia
X
Great crafty project, would make a lovely gift.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John from sunny Sorrento
ReplyDeleteWow I just love this basket. It would make a lovely present. Might just have to have a go at this one. Love the colours you've used as their my favourites.
Hello John, well this is a big wow. It looks amazing, would be lovely to hold a little gift, love the colours and the fact it is different. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteWow what a great project - love it
Hugs
Carol x
I've recently bought both the weaving dies and I'm pleased to see you showing makes from them as I'm a bit confused how to use them. Thanks John.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, love those flowers too. The weaving dies are amazing.
Thanks
Heather Treble
Good morning John this is amazing I would not know where to start to make something like this. Thank you for sharing. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John, Another design I'm going to have to try, would make lovely Easter egg baskets (yes I know it's a long way off I still have to get the dies and by then will have 5 grandchildren to make them for lol)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend, I am off visiting family in Norwich cannot wait to see my Grandaughters.
Maggie in Solihull.
Oh and I can't pin your pics for some reason from my iPad.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteGreat use of the weaving dies and I guess the beauty of this is you can make it as big as you like (card size permitting) So many uses I can think of!
Safe travels over the weekend matey.
Ang x
Love this .....very artistic. Could be used for small gifts etc.
ReplyDeleteCan we have more 3d projects please!!
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteVery clever use of the weaving dies.....BRILLIANT!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
What a clever idea, John. I like it.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Great idea. Very innovative. The basket is very pretty.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John such a clever way of using the dies very effective love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely basket, and so clever. I must use these dies soon......
Best wishes, Rose
Very clever John, what an amazing paper engineer you are! Thanks for showing us just how versatile Sue's weaving dies are. Loving the cornflowers too.
ReplyDeleteBlessings - Deb C xx
Fab project John - luv it and what a lovely way to give someone a gift with it xx have a good weekend xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteGreat basket John, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous creations, you have achieved your challenge lol!
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
great project ,love the basket ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovey cute basket,I bet it's not as easy as you make out, will have to give this a shot. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteThanks John for a very enjoyable demo at Crafty knits . Loved all you beautiful samples. Xx Chris B
ReplyDelete