Well today's question is is this a little dark? I really enjoyed getting my, limited. grungy side out for this card as well as some stamping with one of my favourite stamps. I have had this stamp for years and was one of my first purchases form Creative Expressions the text background stamp.
I started by stamping the text stamp. in black archival ink, three times twice in a row down a piece of coconut white foundation card and once as a single panel. Next I cut these out, by hand!, and inked the edges using vintage photo distress ink to age the pieces. I mounted both of these onto thin matts of black card so that the black stamping was balanced and framed. Next I die cut the Greek Island collection border form chestnut foundation card and added it over a piece of black seem binding I had tied on the edge of each panel.
TO make up the card I embossed a piece of card using the A4 knotted trellis embossing folder and again distressed it using the vintage photo distress ink. I again mounted this onto back card and added it to a large piece of card (sorry I didn't measure this one however its got to be just short of A4 card!)
To add balance die cut the corner form the Greek island collection and added this in the bottom corner.
Let me know what you think is this too dark and distress for me?
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Greek Island Corner, border and Tags
Enjoy Expressions die
A6 text background unmounted stamp by Creative Expressions
Enjoy...
Morning John, a lovely card today but for me it is a little dark (well you did ask us to be honest didn't you), I like the concept of it though. would make a nice card for a man who likes reading or gardening.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Tuesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John, not too dark for me love it. Lol lynne m x x x
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteIt depends who the card is for, a moody grungy teenager it is spot on, or for a grumpy old man lol,. For me a little too dark. Thank you for the idea any way. take care Kitty.
I think this works really well. The overall design could easily be worked in a different colour for an occasion which needs a brighter colour.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hello John, I think it is brilliant, so suitable for a male card, we all need to get grungy every now and again. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteAs Jan says, this would look great in different colours to suit other occasions. I do find the distressing a little heavy on this one.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
No John , it is not too dark and it's only a little bit grungy...I love it!
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Good morning John.
ReplyDeleteI personally don't think it's too dark. I like it. Got to admit it wouldn't be something I would think enjoy your day
Lots of love
Jo x
Morning John - it is fab and definitely not too dark and grungy (maybe the start of things to come) I personally love it xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteLove it John, not too dark at all.
ReplyDeletelove & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Good morning John this is a fantastic card. I do like the distressing. It is good to try different styles and mix things up a bit. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLove today's card-it's great. Quite different from your usual style but that's not a bad thing, in fact it's given me an idea for an 80th card for a male relative.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Great as it is, xxx
ReplyDeleteYou wanted honesty...paler would be better....you did ask!
ReplyDeleteStill a nice card though
Carol
Hi John, well I love this card, yes it would be suitable for a male card, but change the colour them to pastels and would be just as beautiful for a women.
ReplyDeleteI like it Just enough grunge for me What I like the most is how you've made the card using panels Such a clever effect
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteQuite a mild grunge and not too dark if its for a fella.
Would look equally as fab in more feminine tones.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Morning John, I think it is fabulous and I'm not a grungy person but I have a 60th card for a male to do and this is definately a contender and in pastel colours it would be a great female card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
I like it! Yes, darkish but okay for a bloke. I like the way you have added the Greek border to the card for increased interest but not bulk. Great card all over really.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Jan from Australia
Hi John, a very nice card I like it, something different,Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteI like the design but personally I would have used a bit less ink round the ages and not taken it so far into the papers. Karen x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteQuite a departure for you being so dark!
I like it tho, could be very useful to have in my stash.
Lorna D
Hi John, no not too dark at all, very masculine card today. with lots of men's birthdays coming up in my family this card give me another to try. I've got a text stamp I e had for years which has never been used. Now I know what to do with it and I have Sue's Happy Birthday die also so that's great.
ReplyDeleteI'm off to a class at Daisy's today, much enjoyed the one last week.
Have a great day
Maggie in Solihull
Good morning John and what a great design suitable for many ages the intensity of grunge can be adapted as needed. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John. Great card for the men in our lives, Like the colour, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLove Junex (Cumbria)
Hi John, a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteWeelll John,
ReplyDeleteit is a tad dark for me (but then I'm not a brown fan either, unless it's teamed with black, white or pink). However, I love the design of the card, it's beautiful. Thinking about it, I could do this in green.............. or gold.............
Anything but dark in this cold, miserable weather...... can't believe we've got summer!
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John, a lovely card.
ReplyDeletePossibly a little dark for me, but just changing the ribbon from brown to cream would lighten it. Love the design though, and easily adapted to other colour schemes anyway.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, loving the card. Have a good one. Loopy Lynda
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteNo not too dark - love it
Hugs
Carol x
Morning John, Definitely not too dark, I love it !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John. I am not into grungy cards but this card is perfect, not too dark and perfect for a male card. Have a great day. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card for the men. The colours are just right and the same techniques could be used in different colours for a completely different look.
Thanks
Heather Treble
Hello John, not too dark, it's different that's all. I really like it and would use this recipe. Take care. X Ros
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, but a little dark for my taste. I do love the design.
Lydia
X
John love this card a great male card,Laura O
ReplyDeleteJohn love this card a great male card,Laura O
ReplyDeleteA brilliant card, love the dark side lol
ReplyDeleteHello John, beautiful colours and a fabulous design, Kate x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, thanks for another stunning card. I'm not so sure I would use this as a card because I don't have use for many masculine cards, but the design and color scheme would lend itself lovely to a Heritage album. I can see a page with old love letters in the background and a photo of grandparents or other family members in the front. I will definitely use this design and color in an album I am working on. I love it...
ReplyDeleteLove the colours of this card, maybe a little dark for summer, but gorgeous just the same x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI like it. Not to dark for me and perfect for a man card.
Take care,
Maria x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteNot yo card for me today. Must do a variation on the card for a birthday next Month. I've missed a couple of cards due to travelling and having no access to the Internet. But the last couple of days cards are are lovely.
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI think I actually like this card. It would be fantastic for any guy. If you changed the colors it would work well for anyone. I can visualize in done in pretty pastels and brights as well.
Great job.
Beverly
Great card today John. This would be really good for the men in our lives. Love the text background stamp and the distressing. Fab!
ReplyDeleteBlessings - Deb C xx
Well, I love it John. A little grunge is a lovely thing! Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John, nice card not to dark at all, could make a great male card. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteI think it looks great and a superb mans card as already mentioned.
ReplyDeleteI think I will try something like this for my father in law.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteNice card and not too dark for me. As many more have said brilliant card for a male or done in paler colours for a female.
love Janet x
from Wakefield
Yes, it is a little dark, but not too dark. Very suitable for a man's card :) Lovely.
ReplyDeleteI like it - sometimes it makes a nice change to see strong colours.
ReplyDeleteHi John. Great card. Yes it is a little dark, but sometimes that works, and I think you have got it just right for lots of men. It is easy to change the colours for a lighter look too. I love the text stamp too. Take care x
ReplyDeleteI think this is great for a male or female card. Not all women are girly and like pastel cards. We all should try and mix it up a little occasionally. I really like this card. Debra x
ReplyDelete