Happy Monday,
I thought it would be nice, as everyone is showing Christmas at the minute, to show some bling that isn't festive! Todays card was made at at demo day a few weeks ago as everyone always asks to see Sue's Fire and Ice technique and I thought the ornate pierced noble square was perfect for it!
I started by making the card blank using the largest die in the set ( fold a piece of A4 coconut white card in half then place the die up to the edge of the fold making sure that the cutting edge is above the fold so that you get a hinge) Next I used the filigree die and the next frame size down (using my system dies 2 and three and cut the filigree and apart in the centre.
I then cut the centre die in the middle of a piece of coconut white card stock. next I cut the outline and word from another scarp of card using the Expressions Thank You die set.
Next I used Sue Wilson's fire and Ice technique to decorate each of the three separate pieces. I was going to write a description of this however I remembered that Sue had done a you tube video on this so I thought it would be best to just insert her video and save you form having to work it out form my badly typed instructions!
If the video isn't showing you can view it by Clicking HERE
I then layered the card together and added some antique white double sided satin ribbon and a bow to give some relief from the bling!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies from Sue Wilson
Ornate Pierced Noble square
Expressions Thank you
Mulled Wine gilding Flakes
Iced Snow
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card, brilliant technique, Thank you take care Kitty.
Morning John, I love doing this technique, your card is stunning,
ReplyDeletestay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xx
This card is gorgeous
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a stunning card really bringing this morning.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, today's card is awesome. such a great technique, love the ribbon and the bow. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteI must have a go at this technique and as I bought the dies last week I really have no excuse! A lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton
Good morning John, love the noble dies!!! The result is always stunning!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!! Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteDefinitely Bling!
This technique is really effective, love it!!
Lorna D
Stunning card-nice & sparkling.
ReplyDeleteMichele
What a lot of bling. Effective card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Thank you....for buing us a beautiful going masterpiece... Stunning card
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the bling. Your shaped cards are always amazing. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card, love the noble dies they make brilliant frames, I only have the rectangles, think I need to get the squares as well LOL.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
A really nice sparkly card .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Morning John, Beautiful, love my Noble dies, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletelove Junex (Cumbria)
Hi John, A lovely card to start of this week,looking forward to seeing your other creations with Sue s new dies.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteStunning card John. Love the ice and fire technique.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, another lovely card. Love this technique and have used it several time myself
ReplyDeleteWendyx
This is a beautiful card John , I like the dies you have used and the fire and ice technique goes so well with them,
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the design of your card, but for me there is just too much bling, sorry.
Lydia
X
Good morning John and "thank you" for the card and seeing as we are starting a heatwave for not making it Christmas! love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteThis is a great, all occasion card. Thanks for showing
ReplyDeleteJanice W
This is very beautiful JOhn, very different for you in some ways, xxx
ReplyDeletelove this technique ,great card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteFabulous card!!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful John, just gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John. Love today's card. Sue's Ornate Noble dies are perfect for her Fire and Ice technique aren't they : ) Take care x
ReplyDeleteHi John, really like the fire an ice but have never given it ago, your card is lovely. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteYou know I'm not mad for the glittery stuff, lol, but a lovely card and great design.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWOW, that card is right up my street. I was only looking at the fire and ice technique last night, to remind me how it's done.
This card is a stunner, the dies are gorgeous as are the flakes.
Best wishes, Rose
Lovely card.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteF A B U L O U S
Maureen xx
Thank you John for showing us another technique, I think it really looks lovely they way you have made the shape of the card according to the die....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteThank you John for showing us another technique, I think it really looks lovely they way you have made the shape of the card according to the die....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAnother fabulous card today. Using the fire and ice technique in a unique way.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI'm late again today, babysitting again, this card is wonderful. I'm so pleased I have got this die.
Hope you are having a great day
Maggie
Oh gosh I adore this card Debbs xx
ReplyDelete