Happy Friday,
Well down to my usual lack of scheduling and a few hours delay on my flight back from Egypt then todays post is a little late! For some reason I couldn't get my head round the 7 day thing as well as the time difference so there was no post scheduled for today! Suffice to say That I had a fab relaxing time and managed to recharge my batteries in the sun!
A bright sunny card for today, another form my shows for C&C US. This is made using the technique of adding clear embossing powder over an embossed panel and heating it. This gives the look of a glazed tile and in the case of this primrose card, intensifies the colour.
This is again a short post as although I should be going to bed I have prep to do for tomorrow workshops at Pickwell farm and I am due at CE Towers at 9am! (really need an assistant to plan my time lol)
Enjoy...
Morning John, better late than never and worth the wait it is gorgeous and love the flowers, glad you had a nice rest now back to the grindstone.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hello John, such a lovely bright card, bringing sunshine to a dull Friday. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John, A lovely sunny card ,glad your back safely and enjoyed your break!have a great weekend and take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteLovely card-bright & sunny unlike today which is cool, cloudy & breezy here.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the bright sunny colours. I am so excited about Saturday. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeletePretty card. Glad you enjoyed your holiday.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
great card ,glad you had good time on hols ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLove the background on this.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, So glad you have returned home safe and sound, and that your batteries have been re-charged, and you are all set to start again (straight away by the sounds of it, hahaha).
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, I'm especially loving how you have done the background.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteGood to know you're back. Mr D thought you'd be snapped up by another C&C (Cairo and Craft lol!)
Fabulous sunny card today. Not getting the glossiness of the embossing on my screen but certainly do get the intensity of the colour.
No rest for you now you're back.
Better hop to it myself.
Catch up soon matey.
Ang x
Hi John, glad to know you had a great time in Egypt, it's so lovely and warm there. I really like today's card all though the colour is still a little strange on my iPad but the design is great. Welcome back. X Ros
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeletePleased to hear you had a relaxing holiday. Not sure about the colour on this card. Love the design,
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, haven't tried the technique that you have used for the background so will have to try this. I love the flowers and the bow. Thanks,
Heather Treble
Good morning John, welcome home!!! Very nice card today. Well it's back to the grind :) !!!! Have a good one!!! Loopy Lynda xxx
ReplyDeletelovely card John, if I lived over there I would be your assistant, xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John - I would love to be your assistant xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, love the flowers. Glad you had a good holiday.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Welcome back John, glad you had a good holiday. If you need an assistant to take care of all of your lovely cards, just let me know and I'll be there in a flash! Love today's card, such a gorgeous background. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, glad you had a fab holiday and looking forward to seeing all your holiday inspired cards!!
I would bet that ALL of us, would happily be your assistant.
Lorna D
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely sunny card today. I'm glad you had a lovely holiday. But it's hard when you have to go straight back to work. As Lorna said any of us would be glad to assist you.
This embossing of the background really makes the card stand out, what a brilliant idea, will give it a try, a lovely card all round....thanks Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteLovely sunny card John. Good to have you back, fully recharged once you've conquered jet lag etc.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, Rose
Morning John, Welcome Back! Glad you enjoyed your break in the sun, sounds like you've hit the ground running so take care and enjoy your weekend too!
ReplyDeleteLovely card, thanks for sharing! love Junex (Cumbria)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGlad you arrived back safely. The card is lovely today nice and bright.
Will have to give this technique a go, once I finish making the baby quilt. The front is done so am doing well considering I can only manage 1 hour maximum sitting using the sewing machine.
Looking forward to more of your wonderful cards. Hope you manage to get some sleep
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWOW! Stunning card, so love this, the background, the colours all fabulous. I am sure if you put out a request for an assistant you would be over loaded with offers lol! Good to have you back and refreshed, kind of lol!
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Afraid the colour is not to my taste, nonetheless the concept is great, love the flowers.
ReplyDeleteNice to hear you had a good holiday.
Lynne x
Aww, what a beautiful card. I love it!
ReplyDeleteHI John, welcome back from your holidays. Love todays card and the the embossing look really good
ReplyDeleteWendyx
such a lovely card john, love the flower too
ReplyDeleteHi John, glad you had a good hol. You've brought sunshine back with you with this card, don't usually go for yellow but this is lovely. Especially impressed with the twice embossed background, must give this a try, thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteBlessings - Deb C xx
Welcome home John. I see you have brought the sun back with you in your card! Glad you had a good time. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely sunny looking card very pretty. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteFab card John and very summery to brighten up a bit of a dull day xx glad you had a good holiday and managed to chill!! Bet you don't feel as though you have been away now!! xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove the background, really suits the die well. Colours aren't ones I use but the effect is lovely
Hugs
T x
Lovely bright card, just love those flowers, tutorial please!!!! Glad you had a great time. Take care Linda.
ReplyDelete