Happy Wednesday,
This months theme on the Creative Expressions design team blog, click HERE to see what we have all come up with so far, is Phil Martins Decadent collection and matching stamps. I have subverted it slightly as I forgot to add any of the stamps, instead I used one of the new Stamps to Die for that I designed for Sue Wilson the Shaded Peony that matches the peony die.
I chose a dark colour scheme of Rich Plum which matched the decedent Grape that Phill designed perfectly!
I started by die cutting the outline die in the Sue Wilson Portugal background die set in coconut white card I then cut just the outline form the same set in rich plum and set the background on top. I contimuned this principle through each layer cutting a smaller die in each subsequent piece and adding a layer of the plum.
Finally I added PVA pearl dots in white and decadent gape to the piece and added the flowers.
The flowers were made by stamping the matching shaded peony stamp onto velum using perfect medium and heat embossed them with decadent grape embossing powder and heat set it. I stamped all 5 of the flowers in the set and layered them up gently folding each petal to get dimension.I finished the flowers by adding a large pearl PVA glue dot.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Portugese collection Background
Perfect Peony closed petals
Maindenhair Fern
Phill Martin Decadent Grape Cosmic Range
Embossing powder
Gilding wax
PVA pearls
Rich Plum & Coconut white foundation card
Vellum
shaded Peony
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you lovely card. Thank you for all the tips you gave on your shows yesterday, especially the sand scene. Take care Kitty.
Absolutely fabulous card, lone the colours and the peonies are stunning. Have a happy day everyone, Linda.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card here, John. Thanks for all the tips yesterday on C and C. Pleased to hear my email read out, but no win! Oh well...
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous these flowers are a must have and I love the colour very elegant. You're shows yesterday were fantastic lots of top tips.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, what a beautiful warm colour plum you have used on todays card and the stamped vellum flowers are a big wow, love them. Have taped yesterdays show and will watch it later.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day everyone, it is raining very hard here in Kent, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx
Wow what a stunner.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the show, which I recorded, but missed out on the transfer tape!
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteThe peonies actually look like petunias, which shows how versatile the flower dies can be.
The backdrop to the flowers is stunning in that rich plum.
Have a great day.
Ang x
WOW love this card John and the colour, its amazing, thank you, Linda.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWOW! Stunning card, love it. I love the colour, of course! The design is absolutely gorgeous and those flowers...mmm I can see those going in my shopping basket somewhere soon lol!
Have a great day, I purchased the Daisy & Daffodil set from your shows yesterday, could not resist!
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John, this card definitely has the wow factor, superb colours and layout. Love the flowers. Shows yesterday were great, have them recorded to watch again, as you had so many great tips. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteWow-this card is just stunning! So rich & opulent.
ReplyDeleteMichele
A very striking card love the flowers xx
ReplyDeleteHas to be my favourite card ever - and not just because I live in Portugal !
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Rose
xx
Think this is wonderful. Well done.
ReplyDeleteOh wow John this is a stunning card. I just adore the colour it is so dramatic. Your shows were brilliant yesterday. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card and great shows yesterday John, lots of tips and beautiful stamps!
ReplyDeleteHard to pick a favourite , they are all lovely,
XxRuth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis a beautiful card, your creations are amazing.
Ginnie x
Hi John, wow what a beauty sooooooo gorgeous!! We're able to watch both shows via internet very interesting and specificity the very last one with the paint trapped in between.Great shows.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John such pretty flowers they really are stunning love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteVery dramatic Those vellum pronies are beautiful I must try that Still got to catch up on your shows I don't know what happened to yesterday...?
ReplyDeleteHi John. Lovely card in a gorgeous rich colour. The vellum flowers are beautiful. Take care.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, A very decadent colour today and a beautiful card, the flowers are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
What a lovely card. Love the flowers
ReplyDeleteHi John, fab card, love the flowers. Hope you are not going to post it as it will cost a fortune with all that layered card lol. X Ros
ReplyDeleteWonderful card, lovely flowers. Couldn't watch yesterday, so will need to see the shows on catchup.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card today. I just love all the layers. I've ordered this background die, so hope it arrives today. Mind you it would cost a bomb to post.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow, I love this card. What a gorgeous shade the grape is and your flowers are beautiful.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the flowers, great show yesterday.
Lydia
X
Love Portugal John but love your cards and demos even more. I love all your new stamps the sentiments are so touching. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteSimply stunning, I love everything about the card!!
Your colour combinations are always divine.
Lorna D
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThank you for your lovely shows yesterday - and also this beautiful card it is stunning - love the flowers
Hugs
Carol x
An absolutely stunning card, John.
ReplyDeleteLove the colour, the gorgeous flowers and the 'webby' look of the centrepiece.
Brilliant :)
x
Morning John what a beautiful card and the colour you have used is gorgeous and i'm not a dark colour fan but this I like.
ReplyDeleteI have these dies so I think I will have a try at doing it.
your design is wonderful.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}
Hi John, this card is stunning. The colours are lush and I absolutely love the crossover effect in the centre and peonies. The maidenhair fern is just gorgeous too.
ReplyDeleteI'd be scared of ruining my card with the pva though, I'd keep thinking a massive blob would drop out of the bottle, think I need to practice.
Have a great (albeit wet & windy) day, blessings all - Deb C xx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteLove this card.
Maureen xx
Hi John, a beautiful card. Love how you've made the flowers from vellum.
ReplyDeleteHiya John
ReplyDeletelove love love this. Utterly beautiful. Welcome to Portugal would be very welcome in Blackpool Lol
Love
Jo x
Hiya John
ReplyDeletelove love love this. Utterly beautiful. Welcome to Portugal would be very welcome in Blackpool Lol
Love
Jo x
Hiya John
ReplyDeletelove love love this. Utterly beautiful. Welcome to Portugal would be very welcome in Blackpool Lol
Love
Jo x
Hi john.
ReplyDeleteStunning card but it looks complicated lol xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWish we were in Portugal now and not here in this dreadful weather :-)
Your card is stunning, love it !
Take care, Maria x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning. More wall art than card! I adore darker shades of purple. The dies will have to wait a while sadly but wow, what a shade that decadent plum is. Have the paste and hoping to add the rest in a few weeks.
Great tips on your shows, thank you. Caught up with the bits I missed last night x
Hugs,
T x
Really enjoyed your shows yesterday John, this card today is beautiful I love the colours - going to have a crafty day as the weather is just awful here in Wigan - Love Jean x
ReplyDeleteAn very stunning card again and today and those flowers are just gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the shows yesterday too.
Hi John, love the card the dark colours look fab, an love the way the flowers come out doing them with vellum. Also loved yesterday's shows. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteHi John, WOW this card would certainly steal the show.
ReplyDeleteIt's absolutely stunning. Love it, Brenda
love the flowers ,they are stunning.Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteoh what a very stunning and superb creation.
Love the wonderful colour, and those superb flowers.
I missed your early show yesterday, and had to record the later one to watch last night.
I really did enjoy the show.
Thank you for all your wonderful tips on the inking, and colouriing.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
A gorgeous card John. X
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and love how rich it looks in the plum xx fab xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, stunningly beautiful card, such rich colour love it.
ReplyDeleteRegards Liz.