Happy Sunday,
This is a real simple card today and is using the Hello die I used earlier in the week. This was one of my Demo's form The pick of the day shows with Sue Wilson and I used it as a quick demo.
I simple die cut the Hello expressions die in the centre of an A5 piece of card stock (finished card is 5x7") without the outline die in place. Next I stuck a piece of acetate behind this and added a mount cut with the outline die that matches and is included with the Hello.
To make the striped background I added blobs (there no better word lol) of PVA pearl glue in Cobalt and silver on the reverse of the acetate and using a piece of scrap card I dragged the PVA across the acetate to create this striped effect. I sealed the piece by adding a further piece of acetate and foam mounted it onto a piece of Periwinkle card stock before adding to the finished card.
I think this is a great additional use for your colours of PVA glue pearl form Cosmic Shimmer as you can alter combinations and effects to get loads of different translucent backgrounds.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Hello Expressions die
Cosmic Shimmer PVa in Cobalt and Silver pearl
Periwinkle, coconuty white foundation card
Acetate.
Enjoy...
Morning John, I like simple Saturdays, very elegant card.
ReplyDeleteHappy Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, Junes Smith xxx
Another beautiful card John and a day early too !!
ReplyDeleteLove the card John, but it's Saturday here (in Ireland)
ReplyDeleteHi John. lovely quick card, thank you. take care Kitty. ps it is Saturday today.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card! So elegant - sometimes less is more! So relieved to see fellow bloggers comments. I thought I'd slept right through Saturday! Best wishes, Anne O
Hi John. Love today's card. Clean and simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing, especially how you made the background colour using PVA Pearl glue. I hadn't thought of using them in this way so I will be having a play : )
ReplyDeleteI had to check the day after seeing your heading too : ) Take care x
Hi John this is a beautiful CAS card I love the simple design. Oh boy I thought I had lost a day which would have been a disaster we would have missed our daughter's birthday. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card-simple but quite striking. I'm guessing you'll have to find another card to post on your blog tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hello John, such a great card, love the acetate background, the blue is very vibrant. Don't know whether to comment on tomorrow's blog a day early LOL. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, simple but elegant gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, I think you have the day wrong hahahaha !! Is tomorrow's going to be Saturday's hahaha, you have brightened my day, a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWell i'm now very confused, dose not take much. This is a lovely card, simple clean lines, love it.
Lydia
X
Hi John, we are so lucky two for the price of one ,a lovely card .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
So pretty!
ReplyDeleteHi John, think you have your days mixed up! Beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely elegant card.
Heather Treble
Fab, simple and effective and a quick card to make if on the hoof xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteI am breaking myself in gently after my sick leave but now I'm confused about what day it is lol!
Remember you demoing this on TV. Very effective and terrific a card.
Best wishes.
Ang x
I thought I was loosing my marbles for a minute but I think you have your days mixed a little ,anyway I don't mind have two fantastic cards to brouse over ,great card simple but looks so effective ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, another die for me to add to my list lol. Could use one of the striplet dies I have and try doing this card with it.
Thanks for the extra post, was well worth it (even if it did cause more work for you) well appreciated
Thanks
Maggie in Solihull