Today I am at That's Crafty in Romford doing Make and Takes as well as demonstrating Sue's new range of dies, click HERE to see details of this Aladins cave of craftiness! .
Back to today and this is a simple stamped image using one of the stamps to die for that I designed for Sue Wilson for the last range of dies.. For this card I have stamped the image onto coconut white card using perfect medium and embossed it in detail black embossing powder. I then cut the stamped image out using the matching outer and inner die from the St Barts die set from the Caribbean Island Collection. Next I dragged 2 shades of distress ink down the image with the Darker peacock feathers at the top and broken china at the bottom to give the look of a twilight sky.
I cut the inner filigree section from the same die set in black foundation card and foam mounted the stamped image over the filigree. To n make the background I cut 2 of the Caribbean island borders in aqua and mounted them onto a strip of black card using black pearls at the appropriate points (I love the fact that all of sues dies have places that seem to cry out for a pearl)
To make up the card I embossed an 18x18 cm square with the scored lines embossing folder and added pearls on the junctions of every fourth scored line. A few layers of aqua and black to make a framed card along with a matching triple bow of ocean double sided satin ribbon.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Caribbean collection corner border & tag
St Barts
Aqua & Black foundation card
Spring birds stamp to die for
Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWow, you've got a busy schedule! Good job it's also got lots of appreciative crafters in it - it's got to be very rewarding for you.
This card is lovely, thank you for the inspiration.
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card thank you. Have fun take care Kitty.
Morning John, Beautiful card, love the colours, have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteLove Junex (Cumbria)
Hi John, great card today love the colour combination.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteHi John, great card, I do love your stamps, gradually managing to get them all. The colours go so well together, I'm going to give the pearls a go today with all my different colours I have of the cosmic pearl pva thanks for showing me how easy it is.
ReplyDeleteHave fun today,
Thanks again
Maggie in Solihull
Morning John, a fabulous card your stamps and Sue,s dies always look great and this one is no different, hope you have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Wow-stunning card. The colours work brilliantly to make a very striking card.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI'm going to be honest, this one is not my cup of tea, don't know why. However I do love your stamps.
Lydia
X
really pretty card john
ReplyDeleteGood morning John what a wonderful card I love the design and your stamp is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteDebs xx
{Debs Cards}
Hello John, love todays card, such a bold colour combo, great layout. Have a fab day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a great card. I love the colours, they are a lovely combination and I love the design. Have a good day at That's Crafty. Take care x
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely card. I love the stamp and the embossingfolder. Have a nice crafting day.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this card is gorgeous I love the dies and the stamp is beautiful. Enjoy your day it sounds like it will be fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, really like the colour combo, Hope you have a great day.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Very pretty and I love the splash of aqua
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteLove your birdie stamp. Hadn't seen that one and it reminded me of the fab cherry blossom.
Safe travels today and happy demoing.
Ang x
Good morning John so pretty yet dramatic as well. Enjoy your time in Romford, safe travels, hope you don't have any mishaps with the windscreen wipers this week! love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteWow John, this card is positively beautiful! The embossing really focusses on the central elements, and that doubled border plus bow sets everything off a treat. One of my faves, this month!
ReplyDeleteWow John, this card is positively beautiful! The embossing really focusses on the central elements, and that doubled border plus bow sets everything off a treat. One of my faves, this month!
ReplyDeleteHi John, a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very superb creation today.
Love the fab design as I always do, and that stamped image is wonderful.
I too have not seen that stamp before either.
Love how you have graduated the colour too.
Have a lovely day at Romford, can't wait till you get somewhere in Kent to demo, if that ever happens.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Hi John,
ReplyDeletevery nice card. Sweet stamp and die cuts.
Have a good day demoing,
hugs Maria x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, love the layout and that stamp is gorgeous.
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Really pretty card. Hope you are enjoying your day in Romford.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John, what a beautiful card, absolutely stunning.
ReplyDeleteRegards Liz.
great card John stunning ,Laura O
ReplyDeletea very nice card I must admit I do like using the scored lines embossing folder. I like to make 6*6 cards and it is easy to cut down xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card again today, John. Bye for now Susan Dunn (Cumbria)
ReplyDeleteThis is really beautiful John.
ReplyDeleteI really like it.
Hope your enjoying your weekend live
Jo xx
This is really beautiful John.
ReplyDeleteI really like it.
Hope your enjoying your weekend live
Jo xx
Hi John, A really gorgeous card, loving the stamping.
ReplyDeleteI hope your weekend is going well.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Love that embossing folder and the detail in the dies that you've used is amazing. A real stunner from you today John. Pat x
ReplyDeleteFab card John and love the stamped images - love the background too I have this EF and still not used it yet!!! although more than half my crafty stuff is still packed away in boxes!!! Hope you had a good day today xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, great card an lov that embossing folder. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteHinJohn
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card today. I love this folder it looks so stunning with the embossed lines.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card. I love the ribbin die and don't remember seeing it befor at all! Like earlier blog friends, I rather like the background embossing. I wonder what it looks like with paste over the lines? (I've just tried the technique you demo'd in Sussex recently with the rose embossing folder and paste - you were right! So easy to do and so effective!) best wishes, Anne O
Lovely card John, love it
ReplyDeleteEveryone stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx