After Blue Thursday I couldn't not show blue today even though I should of changed the colour! Todays card is made as a team effort at my demo in Strikes garden centre in Blackpool. The ladies were asking me how to apply the pearl PVA in dots so I cut the Lattice diagonal die (as it has a perfect place for the pearl dots join the lattice, and got them to do a row each! I think they did very well and as you can see for the card got better with each row. I didn't want to waste their hard work so I made the piece into this card whilst there!
I used the same etchniqure as yesterday to make the frame however this time I didn't add the double sided adhesive I just cut a blue filigreed frame and a plain coconut white frame and set them on top of each other. I then cut the smallest die and filigree section from the die set and set this in the centre adding foam tape to each panel.
I die cut the smallest frame die in the set in the sky blue without the filigree section and stamped the sentiment, from my butterfly dreams clear stamp set, in black archival ink. I made a frame using the outside die and the insert and added this above.
next I embossed a piece of coconut white card using the new fantails A5 sized embossing folder. This was to show how this folder can be extended to cover a larger piece. I rubbed pearl moon gilding wax over the piece and added it rot a card base made with layers of the sky blue and coconut white.
Finally I added a messy bow, made with the help of 2 fingers form one of the ladies, and added it with a dazzler over the lattice.
I hope you don't mind me showing this group effort!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Greek Island collection Rhodes
lattice Diagonal
JL stamps butterfly Dreams
Sky Blue & coconut white foundation card
pearl moon gilding wax
cosmic Shimmer pearl PVA
I am starting on a heavy weekend today by filming at Create and Craft for their US channel, I am doing the weekender on for the U.S. tonight, tomorrow night and Sunday night along with a demo at the strikes garden centre in Congleton tomorrow, so wish me luck! lol
Enjoy...
Morning John , a beautiful card today, I knew I would be sorry missing your day at Strikes a couple of weeks ago but I was working. I have spoken to the girls who work there and they said it was a fabulous day, very busy! Good luck with the filming for the US C&C programme, have a great week-end. Linda.
ReplyDeleteStunning card John!
ReplyDeleteI really must invest in sues slanted dies.
Good luck with your hectic schedule.
Morning John, a truly elegant card today, I really like the way this as turned out, got to try it.
ReplyDeleteTake a bit of time if you can in your busy weekend to chill out, don't worry, you will be fine and they will love you as much as we all do.
Enjoy your Friday, Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, a beautiful card and well done ladies.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteGreat team work, Wow Create and Craft get their pound of flesh. Take care Kitty.
Hi John, a really lovely card, great team work, have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteLove the 'committee' card! My, you have come such a long way since returning to the UK. I must have been a bit of a whirlwind.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, love the design.
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you have an extremely busy weekend ahead so good luck, not that you will need it, just talk a bit slower so they understand you lol!
Have a great time
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Great card & hope the weekend isn't too busy for you.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Great card John and the group certainly got the hang of the pearl drops quicker than I did.
ReplyDeleteGood luck for your busy weekend
Maggie in Solihull
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. What a good idea to show people how to use the pearl dots. Your weekend sounds frantic.It should be fun though. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, A very beautiful card again and love the blue colour.You sure have a hectic
ReplyDeleteweekend! Take care Jane B.
Such a very beautiful card ,i just love all those pearls ...
ReplyDeleteenjoy your weekend.
Elaine H X
Beautiful card John, love that trellis, I think Val has it so I will have to borrow it LOL.
ReplyDeleteHave fun this weekend, xxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, the pearl dots are the finishing touch.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove it, there's no such thing as too much blue!!!
Lorna D
Great card I love how you've let the ladies have a go at doing the pearls As yet I've not been brave enough to try doing a "row" paved pearl is my limit at mo
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your hectic w/end!
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother fab card in wonderful blue. Hope you enjoy your busy weekend.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John. Love this card especially the way you have turned the larger of the die cuts on it's side, a great idea I will be trying : ) I hope your weekend goes well, you are busy aren't you! Take care x
ReplyDeleteDidn't they do well? A great idea to get people involved and then use their efforts to make a card. Love the design John, very C&S and a lovely shade of blue. Have a great weekend everyone. Pat x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, You are definitely a busy boy this weekend, enjoy.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful combined effort on this card, and well done all.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John, Beautiful card, never get tired of seeing blue! Have a good weekend,
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing, Love Junex (Cumbria)
Another pale and beautiful card. Love it
ReplyDeleteGood luck John, for your "heavy weekend" - you're turning into a proper star, aren't you? I only wish I could watch you on the US shows but alas, my freeview tuner doesn't allow me to ............
ReplyDeleteCard is lovely, am seriously thinking about getting that particular diagonal, too.
Best wishes, Rose
If you go to create and craft.com you can watch the American shows Rose
DeleteSuper card John and your ladies have done you proud with their pearls. Well we all knew you were a star but going global is another matter!! Hope you enjoy the weekend but have some time to relax love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeletehi John, a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card an the ladies did really well with the glue dots. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThe ladies did really well with the glue dots. I love the card that you made to finish off their efforts.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI am blown away with this lovely creation today.
Those pearly dots are a work of art on it.
Great design as always.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Hi John your cards are really beautiful, you really inspire!! Bye for now Susan Dunn (Cumbria)
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card today and I love the look of the pearl dots
ReplyDeleteon the diagonal die as it brings out the design.
Good luck with all of the shows and demos sounds like you are going
to have a very busy weekend.
Beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteLynne x
great card John ,love it great use of dies ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLove your group effort card - wow you are a busy bee I bet you sometimes forget where you are supposed to be!! Good Luck with the filming for the U.S. channel and enjoy your demo day xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteWow gorgeous card John x
ReplyDelete