Happy Monday,
I had a fab time at thats crafty in Romford on Saturday and have agreed to go back in August to do a workshop in the morning and demo in the afternoon. There are limited places for the workshop (which as it's august will be a christmas card and box!) so contact Thats Crafty HERE for details of date and price etc!
I thought it was time to show some of the sample sI made for the Pick Of The Day shows I did with the wonderful Sue Wilson last month as so few of the 70 odd I made got held up for long!
This card is made, in various shades of Foundation card in blue, using just the ornate corner die for all of the fancy filigree bits as this die has both corners then it makes a beautiful centre piece. The neat thing about this one is although they are asymetrical with some cutting they can be made symmetrical. To do this just cut off the corners and you have matching pieces (this is so much easier to show than describe!)
To make the centre piece I used sky blue and duck egg blue and cut 2 each of the 2 corner dies , i then cut the corners out of 4 of the lighter shade and foam mounted the, made into a medallion, onto four of the corners mounted again as a medallion.
The reminder of the topper is made up form the inserts, cut in blue and grey, from the Rhodes collection I used them to make the tags and also the frames (I love the fact that all of Sue's dies stack and make frames as well as detailed filigree sections its so versatile!
The background is the leafy quad A4 embossing folder which I have rubbed over with Summer blue gilding wax and polished off with a dry wet wipe (available in Julia's shop click HERE)
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies from Sue Wilson
Ornamental Corner
Greek Collection Rhodes
Foundation card in Duck egg, sky blue and grey
Dont forget Julia watts is on Create and Craft today with some brand new Couture Creations dies, I have done some samples so tune in at 9am to see her!
Enjoy...
Morning John, smashing card this one, I don't remember seeing this on the show, I must have looked away when it was on. Will have a play. I will also be catching Julia's show today.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Monday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hello John, todays card is very pretty, the filigree focal element is gorgeous. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Lovely card and how clever to use the corner dies, I am really going to have to try some of your great tips on cutting and tweaking the die cuts. Will be taping Julis's show today, regards, Linda.
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, Thank you it is very wet today so a good crafting day, and coffee time with Julia. Take care Kitty.
This is a statement piece!
ReplyDeleteStunning!
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, love the design of this one.
Have a great day
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Morning John, a beautiful card glad to see you back June was wondering what was wrong as I have been searching all the blogs to see if you were going away on holiday hope you gave been keeping well.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card - such a clever design and use of the dies. I take my hat off to you.
Best wishes, Rose
great card John ,lovely design,Laura O
ReplyDeleteGreat card-love the colours.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely card! The texture highlighted with the gilding wax looks fabby. Debra x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card. Thank you for liking my new Facebook page. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John, glad you had a great time in Romford. This card is gorgeous I might give it a go later today if I'm up to it after having my Grandsons here today, I know I have help but am usually shattered when they have gone home, the older one is going to nursery at 12.30 (Grandads job to take him) then I've got Roses help with the one year old for a few hours, should be fun. I tried to find those foam rolls on eBay but couldn't find them .
ReplyDeleteI'll be sure to check. Julia's shows if I can today
Maggie in Solihull
Morning John, So glad your weekend went well.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, I love the embossing folder.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, pleased to hear you had a good demo day.
Lydia
X
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteGreat card and colour combo.
You're getting to see a lot of the UK on your crafty travels.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning card, love the filigree topper and the embossing folder. Love everything about it.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Heather Treble
Hi John, A stunning card in a lovely blue and am looking forward to the next 70 !! cards.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John glad you enjoyed your sojourn to Romford. Don't think I saw this card on the shows but it really highlights the embossing folder. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful That gilding wax is a lovely colour Myst dash and finish packing
ReplyDeleteLovely card John ideal for the men in our life. Crafty Regards Julie kay xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a beautiful card. Really like the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today John and I love the sentiment. I bet all those cards are in crates under your desk!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card to start the week!!
Lorna D
Morning John, Love this card and the colours, thanks for sharing,
ReplyDeletelove Junex (Cumbria)
Love the way you have created the focal point John, the layers are lovely and so is the sentiment. I like the embossed background, a design that would suit all occasions. Pat x
ReplyDeletePretty card John, the embossing makes it for me.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card and colours.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely cards and lovely colours you've used. I assume you mean the gilding wax is available in Julia's shop, and not the dry wet wipes. Only joking.
Fab card John and like how you have used the corners to make a doily effect - the gilding wax on the background looks good too xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card, John . When you spend a long time making so many cards to show on tv, it must be a bit peeving when the air time is short. Never mind, we appreciate them here!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, great idea mixing shades of card. Great work on these samples and the ones you did for Julia today
Hugs
T x
Hi John, pretty card an it's nice to see some of the cards you made for the show as you don't really get a good look at the on the TV. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteHello and hello John,
ReplyDeleteWonderful card.
Your Art is beautiful.
Happy thoughts,
Petrina
Hi John, loving this card, the background is grogeous with the guilding wax rubbed over. I was wondering how to use my grey card that I got in my cardpack from the POTD shows, thanks for the inspiration in this colour combo.
ReplyDeleteBlessings - Deb C xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteanother wonderful creation today.
Fab embossing, and gilding wax treatment.
Love the wonderful design, and colour choices.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
WOW That is absolutely gorgeous, I love the layering and those colours are so pretty.
ReplyDelete