Happy Saturday,
Once again today and tomorrow I am on my Happy Travels around the UK and one of my first forays into the south! I will be at
The Glitter Pot in Burgess Hill demoing the Amazing new Dies from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. I have been busy beavering away since their release yesterday to make samples and come up with some interesting demos using them. So if you want to see my take on these then its worth popping down and saying Hi!

Back to today and I thought It might be fun to show one of the techniques I get asked for the most Sue Wilson's Fire and Ice. When I demo in a store I always like to ask those attending what they want to see rather than just showing what I like! This box was made a couple of weeks ago when I was at Daisies Jewels and Crafts in Coventry. I used the fire and ice technique using Mulled Wine gilding flakes and Iced Snow (of course lol) over the Caribbean Collection background die. For the stage, made with the tank you expressions die, I just used the Gilding flakes to give a comparison. Hopefully you can see the difference between using just the fire and when you tone it with the ice!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Caribbean Background
Thank you Expressions die
Coconut White foundation card
Mulled Wine gilding flakes
Iced Snow
Double Sided adhesive Sheets
White Seam binding
Enjoy...
Morning John, love todays card have not done too much with gilding flakes so really must get myself sorted. Enjoy glitter pot.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Saturday, stay safe healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant technique. You will be meeting Christine Emberson she is also at the Glitter pot today. Take care Kitty.
Hello John, this is a great technique and your box is beatiful. Have a great day at the Glitter Pot. I am sure many people will be inspired. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Love this box and the fire and ice technique! After yesterdays card couldn't resist the weaving dies any longer so went out and bought them so that's what I'll be playing with this weekend! Thanks for sharing your ideas with us, love Junex (Cumbria)
ReplyDeleteMorning John have a great time at the Glitter Pot I hope they have enough stock in as most of Daisy's stock sold when you were doing your demos. I bought loads thar day lol. Hope you can show us what you make this weekend.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day Maggie in Solihull
Love the box with the various techniques. Having very little time to craft at present, but this is something to try when I can.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the demo - your viewers definitely will!
Jan
Northampton
Your boxes would make any card or gift extra special!
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful John.
Morning John, This is a 'Wow' box, and would be ideal for a Wedding Card.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your demo day, safe journey.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John, a really lovely box. Tank you very much. X Ros
ReplyDeleteSos couldn't resist teasing as its the best of the week.
Good morning John this is a gorgeous box I do like the Fire and Ice technique. I hope the demos go well today and that the journey is pleasant. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteYou know I'm not a glitter fan but its a very effective technique.
As always, a lovingly made box.
Enjoy your weekend down south.
Ang x
Morning John, a fab. box love the fire and ice but must admit I don't do much of it I don't know why. Have a great time at the Glitter Pot I hope if Sue and Julia come back up to Glasgow you will join them we would love to see you.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Gorgeous box-love the details on it. Have fun at your demo's.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,lovely box today.Safe journey and take care Jane B.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteLove boxes and this one is fab John, have a great day,
XxRuth
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely box, I think we should call the the box King.
Lydia
X
Your box is superb,
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Good morning John lovely gift idea. Have a great weekend at your demos love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThere's only one word you can say about your boxes, SUPERB!!!!!
Lorna D
Hi John. What a beautiful box. People really appreciate that you ask what they would like to see rather than just doing your own thing at demos. I can understand why Sue's Fire and Ice technique is so popular as it always looks stunning, just as it does on this gorgeous box lid. Have a great time playing with Sues fantastic Spring dies release at the Glitter Pot. I wish I could be there! Take care x
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteWow shat a stunning box love this fire and ice technique
Must have these dies
HUgs
Carol x
What a fabulous box John. The combination of the fire and ice technique and the lovely die is absolutely perfect. Enjoy your trip down south, wish I could be there but it's just a tad too far from Northumberland! Pat x
ReplyDeleteLove the box John, sorry you didn't get a lot of time to make samples.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful box - love the caribbean b/grd.
Have a good day.
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today. Lucky ladies being asked what they would like to see, rather than you just demoing what you think they would like to see. Have a lovely weekend.
Hi John, a beautiful box.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful, beautiful, designed box.
I do love the fire,and ice technique as it's so lovely, and glittery.
ooooooooo! your demoing a little bit closer to me, but still too far for me to travel, Boo Hoo.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
This is a stunning box JohN. I love the fire and ice technique too. Was lucky enough to meet Sue in Preston a couple of years ago and it goes to show how popular this technique still is. Have a fab weekend
ReplyDeleteJo xx
Hi, John, what a lovely little box, I have yet to try the fire an ice it looks amazing, have fun on your crafty travels.Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning. Won't be able to make a plain gift box again!
Hugs
T x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteTrouble with a fabulous box and gift card like this, what on earth do you do to make a card good enough for it.
Your ideas please....
Maureen xx
FABULOUS, love the fire and ice, have to pin this one for future reference. Have a great day. Lindla
ReplyDeleteLovely gift box John, I also love this technique. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, LOVE your box. What a lovely way to give a gift. How special would you feel if you were the recipient of this special gift box. Brenda
ReplyDeleteGreat box lucky you getting to work with Sue's new dies they are fantastic ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John that is one stunning box, I am also a big fan of the fire and ice technique
ReplyDeleteand it is one of those techniques where you just can't go wrong.
You have made me realise just how boring my card boxes look with just a bit of ribbon lol
My lesson today is that I must make more of an effort.
Lovely box John, it was so nice to meet you today at the Glitter Pot, you were so helpful and your demo`s were great, thank you so much, Linda.
ReplyDeleteFab stylish box John. Love the Caribean dies. Have a fabulous day John Crafty regard Julie Kayxxx
ReplyDeleteFab box John and like you love the fire and ice technique xx GailT xx
ReplyDelete