Happy Sunday,
I had a wonderful day yesterday at Sew Simple with Emma nd the lovely ladies there! Todays card is one I made as a thank you to Emma and the team for the warm welcome and the great day!
I used my Butterfly striplet stamp as well as the main Butterfly Dreams set to make this card and embossed the triplet stamp with True White detail embossing powder. I did the same with the main element and then smoothed over (using a smoothie of course) Mowed Lawn and Squeezed Lemonade distress ink over the images. I made up the reminder of the card using Primrose, Milk and Pastel Green foundation card and the leafy montage A4 embossing folder. I added a couple of matching stick pins and a grosgrain green and ivory ribbon bow to match.
As you know I don't use green or yellow much at all but I quite liked how this one came out!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you, a very nice card, not sure about the double bow. Take care Kitty.
Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a very elegant card today and I love the double bow as they say you can't please everyone.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love the colours you have used. I am very excited yesterday was my birthday and we popped into Pickwell Farm and my husband paid for me to do your workshop there in June. I can't wait. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,nice card today but I'm not a fan of bows so this one to me is way too big for the composition of the card .sorry John,but than we all have a different taste.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautiful card, love the stamping and the colours, so Spring-like.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteIt's a beauty, loving the colours and the bow is to die for.
Lorna D
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteVery nice.
Lydia
X
Great card but not being a fan of bows i'd prefer it without but that's just me.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteIts showing a very peculiar colour on my screen, which I'm sure is not a true representation of its real colour but I love the staggered layer design.
I won't mention the bow lol!
Have a great day.
Ang x
I love how you've offset the Striplet aperture Not sure about the colours I'd like to see it close up I'm a bit like you and don't use green (school uniform) much
ReplyDeleteHello John, really great card, the aperture and sentiment panel create a great tiered effect. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John such pretty colours on your card and having enjoyed your masterclass explanations of layering yesterday can appreciate the look so much more. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and all your demos love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John what a lovely card I think the design is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteTake care John xx
Debs xx
{Debs Cards}
Hi John, a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card. I love the green and yellow. Very subtle colours, and love the stamps. I'm glad you had a lovely day yesterday.
Beautiful card John, I am willing to bet they loved it!
ReplyDeleteSimply beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove it! It's a bit different with the colours, but it works fro me.
ReplyDeletehere has your pinterest button gone?
Janice W
Gorgeous green, lovely, xxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Love the design not sure about colour, but its a nice change! Thanks for sharing! Junex (Cumbria)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi John. Catching up with your lovely cards since Thursday and have to say that I love yesterdays box in particular. It is so pretty. I hope that you had a great time demoing and got a chance to visit the chocolate and farm shops nearby : ) Take care x
ReplyDeleteI am so pleased to hear you had a good day.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card today and I absolutely love those colours.
You should definitely use them more often.
I love your stamps too and must admit I was never really into stamping
but I have been converted and have quite a few of yours on my wish list now.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the colours, love the design, love the stamping, and love the card.
Maureen xx
Hi John, A lovely card, I really like these colours, and I love what you have done in the striplet aperture.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Fabulous design John, I love the recessed striplet. The stamped images are really lovely and the blue and yellow give such a pretty effect. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John this is really lovely I have already got the striplet stamp but must get the other butterfly stamp to go with it. Im hoping your new stamps are at Daisy's on Friday I really love them and my collection is growing . Keep up the great ideas see you soon.
ReplyDeleteMaggie in Solihull.
Not surprised you like how this turned out dos it is lush!! Lucky ladies being able to make this card yesterday xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, pretty card with lovey colours, glad you had a good time yesterday. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeletelovely card John Laura O
ReplyDeleteI am sure they will be delighted to receive this card. Pleased to hear you enjoyed Sew Simple - somewhere I go when I visit ma kum in Norfolk.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteanother really super creation here.
Love your colour choice, and another of your super designs.
Beautiful bow, and wonderful pins.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Hi John, Beautiful card love the layout and your choice of colours. Your stamps are stunning. Love it. Brenda
ReplyDeleteHi John, such a beautiful card, love the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteRegards Liz.
Fabulous card John x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a lovely day. This card has come out beautifully- I don't use yellow as a general rule, nothing against it, it's just not a go to colour! But I will try from now on as this card us very striking.
Hugs
T x
Another cracker John
ReplyDeleteEveryone stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx