I'm sorry today's post is late I got home from Create and Craft at 2am this morning and I thought I had scheduled this post! Ive been filming for the American Channel this weekend so many timings are all out as the last hour finishes UK time at midnight!
so for today a simple card and question, can you feel the love lol? well with this card you can certainly see it! I just used the love die from the expressions die range by Sue Wilson to make this card and one embossing folder, you can't get simpler ingredients.
I started by cutting the word die form a piece of milk card in the centre. next I die cut the matching outline die into another piece of milk card then ran the whole piece through the calibur using the wild roses A4 embossing folder. Next I added a shading of Victorian velvet distress ink, using a smoothie, over the raised are giving the edges a faded look.
To finish the card I foam mounted the aperture over the love and placed a piece of the milk card, covered in double sided adhesive sheet and iced snow, behind the piece again with foam tape.
A frame of a piece of distress inked milk card and a thin ilk mat and the card just needed a bow. I made a messy bow using rose seam binding and a heart shaped dazzler and finished.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Love Expressions Die
CE A4 wild roses embossing folder
CE Double sided adhesive sheets
Iced snow
Victorian Velvet distress ink pad
Rose seam binding
Enjoy...
Morning John, you must be knackered what with the time difference between the UK and US. Lovely card today, try and get some rest.
ReplyDeleteHappy Bank holiday Monday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteRather you than me coming home at that time. Hope your having a lie in this morning. Thanks fir the inspiration.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning!!! and fabulous if you need a quick card with a WOW factor.
Lorna D
Yes John, I can definitely feel it!
ReplyDeleteHi John. A lovely simple and delicate card. I hope you can get some rest today. Take care x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteSimple and elegant, love it.
Lydia
X
nice card ,simple in style,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, xxx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love this card John, stunning and great for a wedding card, the colours are lush. Don't know if my inking would look so natural. Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHave a great Bank Holiday everyone, blessings - Deb C xx
Love this card really stunning.
ReplyDeleteThanks for squeezing these stunning works of art in for us during your hectic schedule!
It's lovely John. And so simple. Thank you for giving us oodles of inspiration.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, Rose
Lovely card-very pretty & delicate.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely card John, as usual!
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, fabulous for Valentines day.
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Beautiful card today John. Love the colours as well.
ReplyDeleteMaggie in Solihull
Wow John you must be 'cream crackered' - love the card and it's shabby chic finish - fab xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely John.
ReplyDeleteyou must be knackered bless you. You've gone global.
Love
Jo x
This is lovely John.
ReplyDeleteyou must be knackered bless you. You've gone global.
Love
Jo x
Hi John, very pretty card. X Ros
ReplyDeleteHi John, pretty heart card today,hope your not to worn out. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBrilliant. Shows what can be done with limited resources. Think I need to remember this sometimes instead of trying to throw everything on it!
Hope you enjoyed filming for C&C USA and that you're not too tired
Hugs
T x
Simple and stunning Love it Hope filming wasn't too tiring x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletesounds like a very tiring weekend you have just spent.
Another super creation today.
Love the faded pink, and that fab embossing folder.
Hmmmmmmmm! I can feel another purchase lurking.
Oh my poor bank balance. lol.
Take care, and I hope you get a little me time after such a busy weekend.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Fabulous card John, I love the simplicity of it. Definitely one to try and emulate for my brother & SIL wedding anniversary! Pat x
ReplyDeleteYou may describe it as simple but it is gorgeous and definitely one for me to try.
ReplyDeleteI love the colour you have used and is now on my wish list along with the embossing folder
Hi John, was too early yesterday for this card but it is another beauty.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Very pretty John x
ReplyDelete