I thought another trip to Portugal was in order however this time I had to make the trip in, what is fast becoming, my signature colour of Periwinkle blue! I started by die cutting the filigree largest die from the set and added in the inset in the blue. I then cut the next largest filigree die in the coconut white and placed the blue on top so that the white popped through the blue. I love this background as it has a real art deco look to it and is so versatile!
To make the main element I selected the Lisbon die set from the range and started cutting the dies, in sequence using alternate layers of the blue and white. The series goes Largest outline and next size with filigree, largest outline and second size filigree, second outline and smallest filigree and finally largest outline in white onto which I had stamped the sentiment, from my Tulip stamp set, in blue archival ink in the centre . I then foam mounted these to make this complex looking set of layers. I know this sounds complex however when I demo it it seams really easy, guess its one you have to watch!
To decorate I cut a series of the new Perfect Peony Open Petals Open dies in white and the matching Complete petals dies in the blue and layered them together adding a large(8mm) pearl in the middle. I also added some of the leaves form the set to balance the flowers and just pop out naturally as they would in nature, although I don't remember seeing flowers in this colour combination in any garden.
To finish the card I pierced a layer of the blue and added my usual series of mats, layers and steps. The technique and sizes `I use for the layering of my cards is something else I usually demo this week I am at Daisies jewels and crafts in Coventry on Friday demonstrating the techniques used with this card and the other stunning dies in the new Sue Wilson collection for Creative Expressions. On Saturday I will be at That's crafty in Romford with a mix of demonstrations and make and takes so that's a fair selection of places covered lol!
Links will take you to the products in Julia Watts new on line store!
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Portugal collection Background
Lisbon die set
Perfect Peony Open Petals
Perfect Peony Complete Petals
Periwinkle and Coconut White foundation Card
Enjoy...
A stunning effect.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Absolutely superb !
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Rose,
xx
Tomar, Portugal.
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant in Blue, thank you take care Kitty.
Stunning card again john
ReplyDeleteStunning card again john
ReplyDeleteHi John, a very ornate and gorgeous card. I love layered intricate cards, and the colours are a well loved favourite. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John, love the dies and the colour, perfect, thank you, Linda.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, A lovely card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colours and how you have used the dies. Have a wonderful day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John, another winner it is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, A stunning card and love the dies you used nice to start of the week in Portugal!!Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteWow-beautiful card & love all the layers.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteIt's absolutely gorgeous, all the layers work beautifully.
Lorna D
Morning John, Wow this card is beautiful and like you I love the periwinkle colour. Think I'm going to need these dies as well as all the others don't think I can manage to get them all in one go the bank manager won't like me for that lol.
ReplyDeleteI mastered the folded flowers idles last night using foundation card, they came out quite well considering I didn't know what I was doing. I hadn't got any felt to use.
Keep up the great work you, Sue and Julie are certainly keeping me full of ideas with all of your inspiring work.
Thanks
Maggie in Solihull
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the layering of the die cuts. Gorgeous.
Lydia
X
Fabulous card John, love the colours...and best of all I can now pin your cards for future reference.(it was me who asked Julia at her demo on Saturday to tell you how to do it...THANK YOU)
ReplyDeleteLove Janet x
from Wakefield
Stunning card John, love the blue and the Portugeese Die is fabulous. Attended a demo with Julia in Leeds and she demo's this die - it is simply stunning. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx
ReplyDeleteThis is a beaut John, xxx
ReplyDeleteStunning John, love all the layers and the Periwinkle card is one of the best colours ever!!!
ReplyDeleteLove & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John, a stunning card.
ReplyDeleteHi John. This s a real stunner. I love the periwinkle blue/coconut white and the way you have put this card together :) You are out and about such a lot now aren't you, you are getting to see many parts of the country, lucky you. Take care
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card especially the lovely periwinkle card.
Ginnie
Lovely layering up on this card John.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John.
ReplyDeleteI'm liking the new flower dies too.
Love
Jo xx
Gorgeous John.
ReplyDeleteI'm liking the new flower dies too.
Love
Jo xx
Lovely colour that periwinkle blue! Love the card and I'm really taken with the new peonies too
ReplyDeleteAfternoon John, Beautiful card, love the colours, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletelove Junex (Cumbria)
Hi John you have come up with another stunning card in a lovely summery
ReplyDeleteblue, absolutely gorgeous combination.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love that periwinkle colour a lot
Have a nice evening,
hugs Maria x
Hi John, this is gor-or-orgeous! Love the colour and love the layers. It's beautifully ornate without being too frilly and fussy, fab!
ReplyDeleteBlessings - Deb C xx
Hi John , this is a gorgeous card, one of the nicest I've seen, you are so talented. Bye for now Susan Dunn (Cumbria)
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm late today. Trying to rest my wrist.
This is absolutely superb, from the colour choice to the design.
Sorry I'll miss you at Daisy's Friday. . . . .hate it when work interrupts my social life hahaha!
Have a great evening!
Ang x
great card ,love the dies and colour ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteanother of your superb designs.
Love the colour ,and the superb design of this.
Wonderful flowers too.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Beautiful card and love the background and the the sentiment is a really useful one to have - love your colourway too xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John sorry to be so late been one of those days. This was one of the cards I really admired on Saturday lovely colour and design love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, you are using my favourite Periwinkle Blue card again isn't it the BEST ever blue you could use. This card is absolutely stunning I just love every ibit of it. Brenda
ReplyDeleteHi John, stunning card. Love all the dies you have used an that blue is a def favourite. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteLots of lovely layers on this card John. Love the gorgeous periwinkle blue. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteJust amazing xxx
Hugs, T x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFABULOUS card love it ! love it ! love it! What happened to the pin it button today !!
I still managed to pin it by using yesterdays pin it button and there was your fab card of today.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Wow John this card is fabulous. Just love it x
ReplyDeleteJohn this is my kind of card, love the periwinkle - gorgeous
ReplyDeleteEveryone stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx