Happy Tuesday,
I promise this is the last, for a while, of the visits to Canada and Portugal as I must show some of the samples from my stamping shows plus I have decoupage shows on Create and Craft tomorrow with some stunning new Craft Consortium papers. Once again I have been scouring the charity shops for items to decorate I am now starting to have a lovely range of hand decorated furniture that cost next to nothing!
Back to Canada and I thought you might like to see another card made using my (new) favourite background die from Sue Wilson the Canadian collection background. This time I have mixed it with the Montreal die set that ties in beautifully. I chose this bright, for me at least, colour combination of Coconut White and Heather Foundation card.
I made the centre element with the Montreal die set using the same procedure as yesterdays card of cutting alternate layers in white and heather however this time I stacked them on top of each other. I punched holes in each side of the topper and threaded the stain ribbon through the holes allowing me to tie the topper on (with a little foam tape to help)
The background is made using both parts of the Canadian background cut separately in what and cut an aperture in the largest die foam mounting this over a cut of the smaller die cut.
I added a bow and some pearl swirls to finish with the sentiment, stamped in matching amethyst archival ink with a sentiment form my tulip elements set.
I will be doing a series of Make and Takes (my first so please be gentle with me) at That's Crafty in Romford on Saturday it would be great if you are in the area and can pop in an make something with me!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Canadian Collection background
Montreal die set
Heather and coconut white foundation card
Amethyst double sided satin ribbon pack
Pearl sprays
Enjoy...
Morning John, a gorgeous card and beautiful colours, looking forward to your shows tomorrow. The photos you took of Julia's card are fantastic I'm sure she appreciates it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John seem to have been awake for hours so got up to get an eatly start to the day. Noted this card on Saturday, the Heather is a different shade but works so well with the background die. Have a good day love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card, this die must go on my wish list. Take care Kitty.
Beautiful card John, I was chuffed to bits when I won this background die on Sue`s blog which I comment on every day, so no excuse to have a go, thank you, Linda.
ReplyDeleteHi John, such a gorgeous card, love the heather shade of card, and the layered Canadian background is super. I bet you have tons of hand decorated furniture around the house. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a stunning card. I love what you have done with the background. The colour is gorgeous. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteoh this is so gorgeous.
You have made a superb creation with it.
Love the regal white and purple colours too.
I love this die, and it's on the top of my very long list of dies I want.
Crafty regards. Jenny L.
The background die and how you have used it, looks great: think it needs to go on my wish list!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Just full of gorgeous color , layers and ideas on how to use the dies, lovely !.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Wow John this card is stunning, I got side tracked at first because I had to go and check to see what time your show is on Create and Craft tomorrow. I have to tape all of your shows so I can watch your demos.
ReplyDeleteI love this card and the colours are stunning.
Keep up the great ideas
Maggie in Solihull
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteMarvellous Canada! Beautiful card. You know I will love the purple. So that's periwinkle and this one on the "Im not buying anymore card" list lol!
Love it!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John, another beautiful card, love how you have stacked the card! Linda.
ReplyDeleteSuch a gorgeous card John - opulent - will be recording your shows tomorrow and I can watch the demos - pick up such good tipsy. Take care have a safe journey to C & C xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, A gorgeous card in lovely colour with beautiful dies !what more do we want.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteStunning card-love everything about it. Will be recording your shows tomorrow to watch in the evening..
ReplyDeleteMichele
Gorgeous card John.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card.
Lydia
X
Morning John, Stunning !! I love this 'heliotrope' colour, so decadent and sumptuous and vintage in style. I too, love the background die, especially the piercing all round, a stunning card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
I fell in love with this background die when I first saw it I love how you've made an aperture with it This heather colour is gorgeous too
ReplyDeleteLovely card! I just love the colors :)
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card, the Canadian background is on my wishlist and think it's made it to the very top today. Your card is truly elegant and I love purple and it's called Heather so I think that I have to have some of this too. Lol
Thanks for the inspiration.
Heather Treble
Morning John, Beautiful card love the background and colours! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletelove Junex (Cumbria)
Great card John, I don't have that background die, but I do have an earlier one which Sue designed, and it would work exactly the same way.
ReplyDeleteHi John, a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card Julia, cannot wait until tomorrow C&C. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx
ReplyDeleteJust stunning John. X
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card and like you love this background xx good luck tomorrow xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, Oh Canada you are beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteRegards Liz.
Hi John, lovely card, it is all just stunning. Good Luck for tomorrow, not that you need it now, you have served your apprenticeship and are now in the big league!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTake care, Brenda
absolutely gorgeous card again today, I could look at cards made with the Canadian collection all day everyday and this is my favourite background die too.
ReplyDeleteThe colour of the card is gorgeous too.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunner today. I must get this background die. I don't usually feel inclined to buy these. But this one and the one you did with the mica powders have convinced me I need this one.
Hi John, this card is beautiful, love the Canadian background and don't mind seeing it again and again in different cards. Love the regal purple, not sure about the purple pearls but overall I really like this card. Also love the pearl swirls - a great option if you don't have stick pins. Blessings - Deb C xx
ReplyDeleteA very royal look here, rich and opulent.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAmazing card, full of great ideas and details- that background is high up on my list, might have to act soon as many places are selling out of them!
hugs
T x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card! I love the Canada background and teamed with one of my favourite colours, it's perfect! Good luck tomorrow! I'll be recording!
Best wishes, Anne O
So luxurious. Absolutely stunning John. My die has arrived. Must have a play.
ReplyDeletewill set record for tomorrow. Have a great day
Lovery
Jo xx
So luxurious. Absolutely stunning John. My die has arrived. Must have a play.
ReplyDeletewill set record for tomorrow. Have a great day
Lovery
Jo xx
Gorgeous colour combo and gorgeous card, thanks John. xx
ReplyDeletethis background die has to be one of my favourites ,fab card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLove the card John, that background is just so beautiful. I'll be recording your shows tomorrow & I'm looking forward to watching them. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John, you can't ever show to many of that background die it's so nice. Your card I gorgeous. Take Care Melody x
ReplyDeleteNice card John,love the colour and the die is wow !
ReplyDeleteHugs Maria x
John this is stunning, I must get this die, you make it come to life, and am loving the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteEveryone stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx