Happy Thursday,
I've been playing again this time with the new dies and flower foam from Leane Creatief and I love the effect I get with this.
In this card I used the flowers to accent a panel made with my media plates, the Izink pigment inks and a peacock father. I have had this piece made for quite a while but needed something to accent it and the flowers were perfect.
To make the flowers I used the LeCrea Easy Flower die no 45.4551 ( thats all the name I could find) and cut the flowers ( 3 sizes) out of the white flower foam form the same company. I shaded the petals on both sides using the finger Daubers and light purple pigment ink from Izink. Once shaded I heated the flowers using my heat gun, the longer you heat the foam the more the petals curl up. I added stamen in the centre and added the flowers until I had three separate blooms. I then shaded the matching leaves from the set and added these (shaded in light blue to match the ribbon) I then simply arranged these onto a bow.
I farmes the piece using the Press Cut Notched Rectangle dies in blue and white lustre card.
Enjoy...
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous card I love the flower and the colours you have used I remember the feather background you done it or similar on Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the flowers plus another great "tip".
Always seen Demos using an Iron, I would much prefer using my heat gun, thank you!!
Have a great day
Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card I just love the colours you have used.Thanks
Jan x
Lovely card John in my favourite colours.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Stunning, xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Very pretty John.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletesuch a stunning design and that oval media plate image is so stunning.
Love the foam flowers they are soooooooooooo! pretty.
Beautiful designing as always, and such gorgeous colours too.
That ribbon is fab as well.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hooray! At last the internet is allowing me to comment Other blogs have worked- yours wouldn’t!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card JOHN I need to watch you create the flowers - is there a video please
Morning John, gorgeous, I love the flowers and have made a few myself, they really are very easy and there are a few you tube video's showing how to do them - are you going to do one, I would love to see it. I would like to know how long the pigment ink takes to dry on the foam please.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card.
This flower foam is new to me, need to see a demo.
B xx
Great card John. Love the flowers and have watched a few you tube video's on these but not actually tried myself yet.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, John. I've really enjoyed using the flower foam. June, the ink dries almost straight away.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
A lovely card John love the flowers
ReplyDeleteJune Horrocks vxxxxxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteVery pretty.
Lydia
X
Good morning John Pretty card the flowers are beautiful very realistic
ReplyDeleteI love your beautiful foam flowers, so pretty and realistic looking.
ReplyDeleteNot something I can try though as most of my cards have to go in the post unfortunately.
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! It really brightenened my morning!
Thank you,
Love Myra x
Hi John,Absolutely beautiful and the colours are just perfect.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card design. I especially like your choice of colors.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteStunningly stupendous. You've outdone yourself today.
Maureen x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI really love this card. The flowers are gorgeous in the foam.
I've never used this to make flowers. I might have to give it a go xx
Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. Those flowers are gorgeous. Are you going to show us how to make them. My friend came round today and we made Opera boxes. We even made one to fit a wine bottle - how good is that. The dies were very easy to use and we kept getting ideas. Have a great evening. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Just love the flowers.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxcc
Hi John. This is such a striking card. Love the colours. I did actually look at this foam at Ally Pally last year but didn't get any as they only had one colour left. I love the texture of the foam, the flowers almost looked as though they had been made in a sugar craft class. Perhaps I should give them a try.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Very late here. Busy day and out most of it. This is a beautiful card John. Love it. Must try those foam flowers. I bought the foam at Newbury but haven’t tried yet. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card John and I join others in asking for a video. I don't think I will get a shopping day out until my Birthday in April so will have to search the web. I find all of your cards beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove to all.
Marie P.