Another Day another stamps to die for, I've had real fun finding different ways to highlight and colour these. Today's card is made using the Patchwork Toile stamp that matches the Maggie die form the new collection designed by Sue Wilson. This time I used a collection of watercolour pencils in shades of blue and just shaded the stamped image,which I stamped in black archival ink.
I cut the stamped image out using the outline die and the centre smaller circle from the Maggie die. I cut a circle of black card using the larger centre die from the die set I mounted the stamped centre circle on the black card and foam mounted this above the main image.
Next I stamped the stitched hearts background in cobalt archival ink onto coconut white foundation card I cut it out and tied a piece of blue seam binding around the stamped background. I then mounted this onto a thin layer of cobalt foundation card.
I added the stamped image over the ribbon and added a bow made of more of the sen binding, some white tulle and pearl sprays. In the centre of the bow I added three resin roses form the new Craft Consortium always and forever wedding collection of embellishments.
A few layers of white, cobalt and a final layer of black, to offset the black layer and stamping, to make the card.
Ingredients:
Card Size: 18 x 21 cm
Colours: Coconut White, black & Cobalt foundation card
Stamps: Patchwork Toile stamp to die for, Stitched Hearts A6 background stamp.
Dies: Maggie
Embossing:None
Inks: Jet Black archival ink,
Embellishments: Duck Egg resin Roses
Enjoy...
I just love all the stamping on this stunning card John.
ReplyDeleteIts purrfect.
Love Val x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card, I love the stamps and the bow is gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Morning John, true masterpieces, love the way the stamps go so well together with the dies, the colours you have used, of everything about it my friend, again you are so talented.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful card John. I really love it. So striking. My favourite stamped background makes the card really stand out. Wonderful. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the stamp background thank you tracyw x
Morning John, a fantastic card love these stamps and a fabulous bow.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Wow, what a stunner
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, beautiful card today x
ReplyDeleteHi john.
ReplyDeleteThank you another beautiful card today.
Take care and have fun kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove this new stamp range. Got a good payday so will be investing !
Great.
Thanks
Anne M xxx
Good morning John. Such a pretty card today. The stamps are lovely.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton.
Lovely card, the stamping is gorgeous. Reminds me of a Moroccan tile.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John this is a gorgeous card it is just beautiful. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card
ReplyDeleteDonns
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTruly Tremendous Card, Beautiful Fabulous Colours, I Love The Exceptional Stamping And Your Very Beautiful Embellishments.
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning card today it's beautiful. I have the Maggie die set, but not the stamp to go with it, after seeing this card. I must get it.
You are bad tempting me to buy more stuff lol.
Thanks for sharing
Maggie
Loving the calming effect of this card John.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
A lovely card again.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, another super card!!! Thankyou!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Very pretty card. The stamp is ideal for use with coloured or blendable pencils.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card
B xx
love all the stamping on this stunning card John.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA stunner, love it.
Lydia
X
Hi john what a stunning card love it your work is beautiful I make cards for charity and they have to be quick to make many but this creation is fab
ReplyDeleteThank you John love June Horrocks xxx
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteAnother classy card John. SueL x
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, a beautiful card, love the background and gorgeous dies.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Good morning John the stamping looks great love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I love the colours on this one. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stamps and dies - love the flowers too.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
Hi John,
ReplyDeletedelightful card. Love the blues.
Hugs, Rose
Morning John, a beautiful card love the colours and the roses just finish this card off.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteI am liking this cross stitch background more and more each time i see it. The Maggie die is one that is on my need list as it is a pretty die shape and size. A beautiful card John and for me just the right amount of black showing as i am not a big black fan, but your card today is just right and as it is being used in a delicate touch sense it is just popping the colbalt blue beautifully. Thank you John for todays piece of inspirational work or art,
crafty hugs
Norah (glenochil village)
Hello John, beautiful card as always, I love your colouring and the lovely dies, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John, A beautiful card/
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteWow a beautiful card and so 'my' colours.
Love the fact that you have used watercolour pencils on this card. A lovely mix of methods and styles.
Lol Barbara W xx
Just loving your colours and getting us into stamping. They are so effective and add another dimension to the dies. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteLove today's card John, nice to see you've used that beautiful stamp in the background again. Love the patchwork toile stamp too. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card. I especially love the stitched hearts background stamp you've used.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteNot sure about green roses lol! but an otherwise beautiful card.
Love how you have done the ribbon. Very elegant.
Ang x
Another gorgeous card today and I do really love the stitched hearts background, it is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteLove the other stamp you have used too.
Another amazing card. I have bought the background stamp as I really think it is gorgeous and loved it on your previous designs this week.
ReplyDeleteLove the card John!, the background stamp
ReplyDeleteis lovely.
hugs Maria x
Beautiful card John. Love the background stamp. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, am trying to find the background stamp, it's so beautiful and delicate.
ReplyDelete