Happy Wednesday,
I know it seems strange to start again with a bow but I just love this double sided two tine red ribbon so I started this card by making the bow! I then thought how well it would match with the stunning new design of stamps to die for Retro Roses which is designed to match with the Sydney die shape from the new Australia collection designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions.
To start this one, once I had tied by bow, I stamped my stitched Heart A6 background stamp onto coconut white using red geranium archival ink. If you look closely you will see all the hearts that make up the pattern are hand drawn as if stitched with cross stitch and straight stitches. I cut this to size and mounted it onto rich red foundation card.
Next I stamped the retro roses stamp to die for in watering can archival ink and coloured it using watercolour pencils from my stash. I shared using 2 colours of red and drew out the colours using a damp paintbrush. For the lines at the back I light ran a pencil line down each one and softened these lines again using a damp paintbrush. This gives a feeling of movement and shading.
Next I cut the whole piece out using the outline die from the Sydney set and used the largest centre circle from the set to cut the centre out. I cut the smaller centre circle from a piece of rich red and mounted the coloured image above. I then cut a plain mask in red from the Sydney outline and cut the centre out before cutting this in half and mounting each piece behind the stamped image to give a shadow or border. Finally I used the circle lattice, again in the Sydney die set, how versatile is that?!? in white card and foam mounted this behind.
The whole piece is mounted over the stitched hearts background so that the pattern shows through the lattice. I added this piece to a larger set of layers onto which, for balance, I added a further strip of the two tone ribbon.
Ingredients:
Card Size: 21 x 28 cm
Colours: Coconut White, Rich Red foundation Card
Stamps: Retro Roses Stamp to Die For, Stitched Hearts A6 background.
Dies: Sydney die set
Embossing:None
Inks: Red Geranium archival Ink
Embellishments: two tone fabric ribbon in red (for ribbon stockists Click HERE)
Enjoy...
Morning John, a beautiful card lovely bold colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, its a very pretty card x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDelete"WOW" This Card Is Awesome I Love The Fantastic Stamp And Die And Your Tremendous Bow Thanks For Sharing.
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
Hi John.Thank you a lovely card,
ReplyDeleteJust right for Valentines day or Mothers day.
Take care Kitty
Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day
Donna
What a beautiful Valentine's Day card that would make. It's lovely.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThat is a really lovely card. I was glancing at stamps to buy and this one caught my eye. Will now buy it. Love it!
Anne M xxx
A gorgeous card John I love the stamp .
ReplyDeleteIt may have to be added to my wish list ....
Hugs xx
Hi John, this card is lovely, there are some cards where a big bow is just perfect. Love the stamp too. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteLove the card, just not sure about the bow on this one.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card and love the stamps you have used.
Thanks for sharing
Maggie
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the bow it is sumptuous. The stamp is beautiful. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDelete"It started with a bow " { i feel a song coming on } haha .
Your card is Scrumptious ,gorgeous design ,colors and beautiful bow.
Take Care
Elaine H X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful card, I love the stamps and the way that you have coloured them.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Morning John, A very pretty card, loving the stamping.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Good morning John. What a pretty stamp on a lovely card design. The colour of the bow is beautiful, but not sure about it on this card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, am loving the card, beautiful and the red ribbon is to die for, but I can't get the link to work to see where to buy it?
ReplyDeleteSuch sad news for Sue yesterday.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteSorry for me it's better without the bow, love the card.
Lydia
X
Wow that is some bow John, card looks great, xxx
ReplyDeleteLove the card, John, but like others I am not sure about the bow. A bit too big for me.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John ,WOW you have done it again .This will make a lovely Valentine card. Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, and lovely stamps. That bow is gorgeous too.
B xx
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteCarol
that's some bow John,lovely card
ReplyDeleteI am not one for hearts and such like but that doesn't prevent me appreciating this pretty card.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteThe colour of the ribbon is lovely but I'm afraid I'm in the too big camp, only because that beautiful background is competing against it.
Hope you're having a rest today.
Ang x
Gosh, these stamps are so pretty !
ReplyDeleteThank you for another beautiful card, John.
Sue Mac
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card but better without the bow, it's competing with the beautiful background. As Ang said.....Sorry!
Love Janet X
From Wakefield
Good morning John, me too Love the card!!! Bow's way too big!!! Sorry!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John. A pretty card again today. I have bow envy again, mine never come out looking like this. I had to stop using bows though because of the increased postage costs. Love the background stamp.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
JustLOVE the large bow John and it really sets off this stunning card.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Hi john that bow is a wowser. The card is stunning thank you xxxxx
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxx
Morning John, this is a lovely card and how I wish I could get my stamped images to look as good as this
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea to start with the bow!
What a lovely card. This card would make a fantastic Valentine Day card.
Lol Barbara W xx
Hi John liking the drsign and the stamps but, sorry, I would leave off the bow. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and a stunning bow there John.....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. :) Very very pretty. xxx
ReplyDeleteThe bow says it all and another stamp and die to add to my wish list. Lovely. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteThe bow says it all and another stamp and die to add to my wish list. Lovely. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful. Why is it, when I try to add a bow, it always looks "plonked" or out of place!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautifu card, the background stamp is fabulous. Looks very useful indeed.
Hugs, T x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is beautiful! I think I will have to invest in the stamps and die. Thanks for showing such a lovely card x
Beautiful card today John. Love everything about it.
ReplyDelete