Today started with y favourite colours the blue and more specifically the Chambray form the paper pad, although I have only used one of the papers for the diaries on this card it shows how the papers match with all of our existing collections of foundation card and cosmic shimmer products. I am one for making things match and if I can match to what I already have in my stash that just makes it better value!
The sentiment and the daisies around it are stamped using Phill Martin's frosted Sky colour cloud blending ink using my Daisy Trail elements stamps set with the centres made using the matching PVA dimensional glue. The background, using the spring trail background stamp, is stamped in the same colour cloud before the frames and tags are loaded on top.
The diaries, well it had to be daisies didn't it!, are made using the cornflower die designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. This makes a perfect daisy as you get all the individual petals here I have cut them in the Chambray text dot paper form my new paper pad it does match as the text running through the dots ( you have to look closely but it adds a layer of texture) is the Daisy Daisy song so there is a tie in!
I will be demoing a version of this card next week so tune in for more details!
Enjoy...
Lovely card John I enjoyed your shows and the little snippet about a stamping mat
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you all the shows were great, and all the cards are beautiful. All ready for Julia today.
Take care Kitty.
Morning John, a gorgeous card still not managed to watch your shows yet but hopefully will get a chance today have set to record Julia's shows so will catch with yours first, looking forward to more next week.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John. Lovely card today, so look forward to your shows. Have some of yesterday's to watch but the demos at 19.00 were fabulous. Thank you.
ReplyDeletePS I have noticed the different mat before you were asked the question at the end of the programme!
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, a fabulous card to start us off with this week, I am looking forward to seeing all the new things next week on Hochanda, but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed everyone of your programmes over this past weekend, talk about inspirational, e.g. the 3 pieces of colour card all the same size used for the pink card you made, well I would never have thought of doing it that way, me I would have struggled to cut it to size each time, got to do this one.
ReplyDeleteI expect you will still be designing and producing samples for us to see today even though you had a really busy weekend, well take some time to chill out, wine and chocolates in the fridge.
I was dead chuffed to have my name read out on the show too.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteThank you for another beautiful card. Love your style of crafting. Thorouhly enjoyed all your shows yesterday, recorded them as well to watch again.
Looking forward to the new products especially the stamping mat. Keep up the good work.
Happy Monday, relax !!!
Love and crafty hugs.
Tina T xxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteReally nice card today. Have recorded all shows to watch back - yes you tried to hide the stamping mat but to no avail - we all want one!
Got your paper pad from Julia and it's already on it's way1 can't wait - she has Sue's new one too . Too good to miss.
Great demos and cards......
Anne M xxx
Stunning card, carol
ReplyDeleteLovely card, really pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, an absolutely gorgeous card, love everything about it. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteA very nice card John and great shows.
ReplyDeleteWell done to June, enjoy your card.
Elaine H X
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I enjoyed your shows at the weekend you were brilliant. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning card John!
ReplyDeleteYou were brilliant at the weekend , your shows were great !
XxxRuth
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning.
I am just watching your 7pm show from last night that I taped.
Good to see how you shape the orange blossom flowers mine didn't quite look right when I tried shaping them I will try your technique next time.
Have a great day
Maggie
Morning John, gorgeous card today, your demo's was fabulous, thank you for showing us your techniques and tips xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I've been Googling your new stamping mat !! it looks brilliant, can't wait for that to come.
ReplyDeleteI loved watching your shows yesterday, you are brilliant at explaining everything you are doing and giving us all your tips and techniques, helping us to become better crafters, thank you.
I'm loving this card, beautiful flowers too, I can hardly wait to see your new products.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
I still have some shows to watch so have not heard the reference to the new stamping mat yet!
ReplyDeleteA lovely card today.
Anne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat card. I've got your shows on the recorder and am working my way through them at my leisure. Your pentagonal box demo was brilliant.
B xx
Hi john loved your shows the beautiful cards and the tips the peirsing dies I have just got and you gave me so much info about using them. I make my cards for charity so it helped a lot
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Stunning card, loved the shows at the weekend
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card today, can't wait to see the rest. Enjoyed your shows this weekend, lots of inspiration and tips as usual...thank you.
Love Janet X
From Wakefield
I knew it was about to happen again - another blue and white - ish card. Wow John. If this is a taste of what is to come, can't wait for the shows next week.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Beautiful John The cornflowers, the papers, everything And the song? Reminds me of my mum and my kids We both sang it as lullabies to our kids respectively
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed the shows and your lovely creations. Plse ignore my email re dimensions for the lamp, I'm sure I can find them now. If not, I'll come back. I was blown away by your card using the cathedral die but first extending and then "shrinking" it. What a fantastic idea - I shall take your advice and just play with the dies instead of making cards straight away.
This card is also lovely, the cornflowers are gorgeous. I have nearly every flower die from Sue but held out with these - but find myself weakening steadily. Every time I see them I like them more.
Looking forward to your shows next week. I shall be there (well in front of the telly anyway).
Hugs, Rose
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful, love it.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Fab card and fab shows. I learn so much from you. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteTruly Tremendous Card, Fantastic Shows I Love It When You Share Your Ideas With Us..
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
I love this card its so gentle but elegant.
ReplyDeleteManaged to catch the last show and loved it. Your demos and ideas are Brill. Looking forward to the next one. Luv jxxx
A beautiful card and the colors are lovely.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, lovely card!!! Fabulous shows!!! Caught up with all of them, can't wait for the next lot : )
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Stunning John, love the colour palette and design.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteHaven't watched your shows yet. Missed the first one where you did the lantern. However, looking at some of the comments it seems that it was repeated. Fingers crossed it was. Love the cards on show here using your new stamps and paper pad, and a few other old favourites. I'll be recording your other shows while we're away, hopefully the recorder won't play up.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the chambray colour and the flowers are beautiful too.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Beautiful card John such unusual colours i love it. Thank you for sharing, Johanna
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John such unusual colours i love it. Thank you for sharing, Johanna
ReplyDeletegreat card ,looks fab ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card John.
ReplyDeleteWow!!! What a pretty card that is John. I love it.
ReplyDeletePatxxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteFinally, Blogger lets me comment! Been getting silly messages on folks blogs about not having permissions....Bloomin thing! Soapbox moment over!
I'm not a big fan of these particular flowers but the design of this is terrific. Magic colour choice again too.
Best wishes.
Ang x
Absolutely love everything about this one from the design to the colour and I do love the different flowers too.
ReplyDelete