Happy Sunday,
Well its another Sunday which means I get a chance to add inspiration over at the Creative Expressions news blog. This month the die cutting team get to work with the stunning Orange Blossom flower dies as well as the matching stamps. This is what I have s=come ups with to, hopefully, inspire this weekend.
I started by stamping the orange blossom flowers, only the 4 larger stamps twice each and dies were used in jet black archival ink onto coconut white foundation card. I cut these out using the matching dies and shaded them on the edges using a smoothie blending tool and Cs colour cloud blending ink in turquoise pool. I added some of the matching leaves and did the same to these to balance. I added the flowers stacked form largest to smallest offsetting each one to make the flower as shown. Once put together I shaped each pearl over my thumb and forefinger to give some depth. For the foliage I shaped these on the reverse using a ball tool and my farm stamping mat.
Hopefully this picture will give you a better idea of how the flower looks made up.
Too make the card I took a piece of aqua foundation card and cut the lattice diagonal across the bottom adding in the edge die that matches ( and comes in the same set) This gave me the lovely attire bottom and cuts at the angle as shows. I foam mounted this over a piece of coconut white which I embossed with the art deco rose swirl A4 embossing folder. I then added cosmic Pearl PVA dimensional glue onto each junction of the lattice to add some shine and detail.
Before embossing I stamped the Happy Birthday along the bottom and stamped the Each day is a gift celebrate it sentiment, form my Pierced Tags clear stamp set in Jet black archival ink. I then added a thick strip of double sided satin ribbon across the diagonal and added a bow of the matching thin ribbon ( both come in the pack from Creative Expressions) before adding the flower scary over the top.
Finally a thin layer of black, to balance the stamping, and a larger base of aqua and black to complete the card.
It would be great if you could click HERE to see the Creative Expressions blog and see what the rest of the talented team have come up with this week!
Enjoy...
Morning John, this is a fabulous card love the flower and the colour.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
A Happy Valentines day to all.
take care and have a great day Kitty.
Morning John, loving the card today x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the flower spray. It's beautiful!
Anne M xxx
Beautiful, just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is gorgeous, you have inspired me to attempt to make this card or rather something like it lol.
Thankfully I have all the dies & stamps you have used, & I will use them all for the first time. I keep buying dies and not using them lol
Thanks for sharing
Maggie
Beautiful card, love the sentiment
ReplyDeleteCarol
I love the 'slant' you have put on this card. The Ef is one to have. Have a good day luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John oh like like this one, especially the way the little pearl pva's are on the lattice die, the colour of the ribbon blends in beautifully but the flowers, wow they are stunning, I saw you do this on Hochanda a little while ago and it really does work because I tried it too. a match made in heaven with the dies and stamps.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful card ,loving the flowers .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Nice card. Love the flowers.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John ,fabulous card and beautiful flower spray. Gloria(sidcup) xx
ReplyDeletelovely card and dies
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, I love the colours and the flowers are foliage look great in this colourway.
B xx
Good morning John such a pretty flower spray love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely beautiful, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Stunning idea The diagonal die cut makes a lovely effect
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, A gorgeous card and a beautiful sentiment. We should all try to put into practice this sentiment, especially me hahaha.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
True sentiment and a stunning card the flowers look gorgeous, xxxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, very nice!!! I could see this has a man's card too with a bit of tweaking : )
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, a great design, love it.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Fab card as always. SueL x
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card today John. It looks very simple at first, but the more you look at it the more detail you see. Love the embossing folder that you have used.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Love the card John it's beautiful love June June xxxxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. The flower is stunning. X
ReplyDeleteMorning John, this card is fantastic, love the diagonal design and the colours. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentines Day John. The sun is shining here, always a bonus in February. Have a great day - love todays card too.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card as always, love the teal colour.
Great embossing folder, very unusual, haven't seen that before, is it new?
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTruly Awesome Beautiful Card Thank You So Very Much For Sharing Your Talents With Us.....
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
Afternoon John, I hope you are having a wonderful day. This is stunning, love the colours and fabulous die cut flowers too.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hi John what a lovely card and sentiment. Not really a lover of the teal card but am now converted after seeing the cards you make using this colour
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John, stunning card.Just love The colourcand the flower is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your Mum.
Love Val x
Beautiful card John, I love the colours you've used x
ReplyDeleteHello John
ReplyDeleteAnother fantastic card from you today. Love the colour (as always!) and the flowers just make the card.
Love simple but beautiful cards.........and you have made the one perfect.
Lol Barbara W xx
Hello John, I love this card, the design and colours are gorgeous, Kate x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteI'm getting aqua and pink on my screen but you said its coconut white so I'll have to use my imagination with the colours but the design is superb. Love it!
Best wishes.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card. Such pretty colours, they show off the flowers beautifully. Best wishes, Anne O
Very pretty, John xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautifully elegant card John and the colour is fab. Pat x
ReplyDeleteX lovely card John.thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, the flowers are so beautiful and I love the ribbon alongside the diagonal die cut.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather