Isn't it funny how lightening strikes at the same time?!? I had a comment yesterday from Anne O saying how she could see thin ribbon threaded through the apertures in the outline die in the Australia background die. Well I made this a few weeks ago ready for the release so I couldn't resist showing this today!
I stared by stamping the stitched hearts A6 background stamp in cobalt archival ink onto coconut white foundation card. I cut the outline die in the Australia background around the stamped image.
Next I threaded thin double sided satin ribbon through the outline and then added this piece to a cobalt foundation card to frame the piece. I cut both the dies in the new configurations die Milford adornment which has a separate outside cutting die, in coconut white foundation card. I then cut the outline die form the Milford adornment in cobalt card, again time, and placed the white detailed cuts over the blue plain shapes. I butted 2 of these together and shaded around the outside using a mini smoothie and the cobalt archival ink.
I cut the centre die from the frames and tags set Lauren and stamped the sentiment, from my pierced flags and tags,and added this to a piece cut with the larger oval die in cobalt.
Next I cut 2 small and one medium complete petals sweetheart flowers in white and the matching dies in with open petals in cobalt. I made up the flowers and added them around the sentiment with stick on pearls, and a messy bow of the double sided silver thin satin ribbon.
I finished the card with an embossed panel with the leafy quad A4 embossing folder which I again shaded in the cobalt ink using a mini smoothie . A few layers of cobalt and white and finished.
I really hope this was the look you were thinking of Anne!
Ingredients:
Card Size: 18 x 30 cm
Colours: Coconut White, Cobalt foundation card
Stamps: Stitched Hearts A6 Background, Pierced Flags sentiments
Dies: Australia Background, Milford Adornment, Lauren Frame and Tags, Sweetheart Flowers
Embossing: Leafy Quad A4 embossing folder
Inks: Cobalt archival ink,
Embellishments: 5mm & 8mm White stick on pearls, CE double sided satin ribbon pack Silver
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you so pretty.
take care Kitty.
Morning John, a beautiful card and the narrow ribbon looks great threaded through the die.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteanother stunning card love the colours and the dies and stamps thanks tracyw x
Beautiful card. Now I know what to do with all my narrow ribbon that I save off clothes. Funnily I just ordered this background die yesterday as something for when I get home cos there aren't any craft shops in Geneva 😞 Must be fate.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day
Donna
Great card John...trading the card finishes it off!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Great card John...trading the card finishes it off!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, loving the card today x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAgain really nice card today. Need to get some of your new stamps this weekend.
Anne M xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteYes! Exactly what I had in mind with the ribbon! Haha! What a gorgeous card. I love the background stamp and the way it reflects the shape of the flowers. Oh dear, my new wish list is getting longer. And just when I'd thought I didn't need any more dies.... Best wishes, Anne O
Another very pretty card John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Gorgeous card, really stunning.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, this is a stunning creation, love everything about it. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteA great card John I loved the way the background ties in with the flowers xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card I love everything about it. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card!
:-)
Lorna D
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning card today I love it.
Thanks for sharing
Maggie
A beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John, xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John,
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Great card John. I love the stitched heart background it makes the card look very classy. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, you have done it again, love it, yes I also had thought of the ribbon when I first saw the die being released, the die is crying out for it on some cards and yours is so gorgeous, you always surprise me with such beautiful creations, I shouldn't be surprised really because you are so, so talented.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John a gorgeous card today .Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, would look lovely in aqua. That threaded ribbon is so effective.
B xx
Morning John, I love this card !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John, that background die is just crying out to be woven with ribbon, it just looks amazing, thank you for the daily inspiration John,
Hugs
Sandra
Xxxxxxx
Another beautiful card, John. You're spoiling us.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
love this background
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, John - love the background stamp.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John. Double whammy. After seeing your card yesterday I ordered the Australian background die. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, just love the background stamp.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Stunning card John love it the die and colour are beautiful thank you xxxxlove June
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, love it.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I love the background die and the stamp is just gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStunning Card, I Love All The Fabulous Products Used On This Very Beautiful Card Thanks For Sharing.
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
HI John
ReplyDeleteStunning card. Love the design and colours
Terri
xx
Gorgeous card John. I love the colours and that stitched heart stamp is lovely.
ReplyDeletePat
xxx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteTruly beautiful card and just love the colour choice.
Such a stunning card that is not over the top. Fantastic!
Lol Barbara W xx
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL, JOHN.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI'm trying so hard to make sure I pop in everyday
I love it
Jo xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI'm trying so hard to make sure I pop in everyday
I love it
Jo xx
What a stunning card John. Blue and white, so that's possibly why I like it so much. I still love the stamp that you have used for the background.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, Fabulous card, really really like this background Die and hopefully it will be resting nicely with my other C.E. Dies very shortly and the Stamp is perfect
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Fantastic card John. What a stunning background.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Afternoon John, this is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hi John, just has stunning as yesterday!!! Love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
absolutely gorgeous, I love the pattern on the stamp.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty and detailed.
I never thought of putting ribbon through the edge of the Australian background die but it looks so effective.
I love this one.
Beautiful card John. Love the stamps and the die. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWow, what a striking card this is. Love the die and the stamps.
Very striking in one of my favourite colours. threading ribbon is a lovely idea
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteAnother thud as the jaw hits the ground again. The second card in a dynamic duo with this lovely die.
Ang x
Stunning again John! I need that background stamp ASAP!
ReplyDeleteHugs, T x