Do't forget Sue Wilson has shows on Hochanda Today at 8pm then tomorrow at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm with the second part of her Festive Die release!
I had lots of comments about Wednesday design team card and the technique I used for the colouring and lots of my blog friends asked if I could do a video of the technique well you asked for it so its here. Luckily a few weeks ago Phill Martin and I were invited in to shoot a couple of videos whilst Sue Wilson was shooting her wonderful you tube shows. A couple of you spotted that they had been uploaded onto the Creative Expressions You Tube channel and have viewed it!
The video is on the new watercolour plates and different techniques you can do using them. The cards opposite are the first examples from this video where I used the daffodil burst striplet stamp on black card. To find the details of how these were made and a few other watercolour tips then you will need to watch the video!
So here is the first video showing how to use the watercolour paints, a later instalment shows the colour cloud and masking technique. One of the pieces i made in the video is shown above if you want to see the original card with the colour clouds then click HERE ( The Link Works today! lol)
I have added a few shots of the different cards above so that you can get a better view of the colour options!
I hope you have time to watch the video and let me know what you think this is the first video I have shot for you tube without my Magic Hands Wendy in Spain!
Enjoy...
Brilliant Video John,
ReplyDeleteI just love all the hints and tips you give us.
I for one use lots of them.
Really loving those beautiful paints which are a must have.
Thank You
Patricia
Thank you John for this video which I will watch later today, the samples look beautiful. Must invest in some of the paints I think!
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteGreat video thanks. take care Kitty.
Morning John, a fantastic video with great inspiration I have done this with my H20s which I put on old CDs a tip SHEENA gave us I think when she was with Creative Expressions but loving these colours must get some more.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hello John, loved the video, great cards you have made, it is amazing how the paints show up on black card. I am hoping to be able to invest in some of the palettes, the colours are so vibrant and lovely. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John. I love the cards, the mica paints give such a lovely effect. Thanks for a great video, well videos, as I had to watch the other one while I was there didn't I : )
ReplyDeleteThese Paint Palettes are fabulous, more to go on the wish list : ) Take care x
Hi John. Yup, videos already watched, enjoyed and learnt. Have fun with Julia this weekend. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, can't wait to get home to watch video!!! Just off to work : (
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John, the videos were great I had already watched them I think they look gorgeous. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John the cards are gorgeous. It is exciting I will be watching the video when I get back from work later after. I am looking forward to seeing Sue on Hochanda. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThe videos are well worth watching and great tutorials. Everyone will enjoy them.
They are in the the same studio Sue uses for hers ( so I assume that is at Creative Expressions towers) Keep it up John !
Anne M xx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteThis creation is stunning I love the colours you have used. I had noticed your videos I hope you get to do more perhaps on your MDF crafting that you did on the Hochanda might be popular with Christmas coming. Good luck in Taunton.
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love these, and yes I am guilty of already having had a sneak peek at the videos you have done.
I love painting with mica, and love these paints but so far haven't got them, I will though even if it takes a while even if it means getting one at a time. Have to watch my pennies now as my pay is about to half due to being off work 6 months. Wish work would just say here you go we will retire you, I know where my 25% tax free lump sum of pension will go lol. Well not quire all of it lol.
Thanks for the link.
Have a great day
Maggie
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteWill have to watch the videos when I get back from work but the cards look stunning. Almost like a stained glass effect. Safe travels down to Taunton.......I know you will enjoy the drive today lol!
Ang x
Hi John card is amazing .Thank you for doing the video it is so helpful. I cant always follow the written word. Gloria(Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteThese cards are soooooooo beautiful thanks John!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John and love the colour effect you have done
ReplyDeleteGina
Hi John beautiful cards great video nice to see you in "Sue's world"
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
Morning John, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, loved the video, when is the next one then!!!!! I am waiting with baited breath.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
I thought the videos were excellent - they made me want to have a go. Can't wait for more videos.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeletewill look at the videos later but the examples look lovely.
Love Val x
Great video John. You are so right about the convenience of having them all in one palette. I have some H2Os and it is such a faff sorting out the colours, undoing the lids and activating each one separately; because of this, mine are rarely used. You have shown beautifully how one embossed stamp can look so different depending upon the colours chosen, some gorgeous bookmarks here I think.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
These look great - right up Jan's street, as well as mine. Will watch the video later.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and fantastic video.
Thank you
:-)
Lorna D
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card ,thanks for the video link ,i will watch it later with a well earned Coffee.
Elaine H X
HinJohn
ReplyDeleteThree lovely cards today. I'll be watching it later when I've finished my ironing.
Love this technique John. Have fun this weekend, xxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely cards. Will watch video later today as I have taken Mum away for a couple of days and want to make the most of the sun.
ReplyDeleteJan
Nothampton
So simple but oh so beautiful !!!....luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat video I just love the paints, they look so easy to use. Loved all the colour palettes what a great idea.
Have a great weekend.
Linda xx
Thanks, John - what a great video - very clear. must buy some of those paints they look heavenly.
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
Thanks, John - what a great video - very clear. must buy some of those paints they look heavenly.
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThank you for a great video, paints look gorgeous.
Lydia
X
Hi John so glad you put this on today as I wanted to tell you how great the tips were ,I bought some paints a while ago and tried I did not do very well then after watching your video I had another go yesterday and was so chuffed with the result in stead of white card I used lilac and embossed with white then used paints and a great result I will be doing a lot more like this and buying more paints . thank you for your help Jeanie .e
ReplyDeleteHi John, I keep learning new skills and techniques from you all the time. Thank you!!! Keep up the great work.
ReplyDeleteShirley
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat video and love these paints.
Thanks for sharing and have a great time with Julia.
Heather Treble
Watched the video yesterday & now I need to buy some (all) of these paints!!! Everything looks amazing-doubt mine would but it won't put me off trying.
ReplyDeleteMichele
I absolutely love these cards, please can I have one lol.
ReplyDeleteI have these paints on my shopping list and also the daffodil stamp.
Loved the demo, it is nice to see the different colours and amazing they are all done on black card.
Hi John, lovely cards and a really great video so nice to the the difference in colours as well
ReplyDeleteWendyx
hello John, it's a super video, full of brilliant tips and inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI have bought the xmas pallet and I find the colours wonderful.
Your card is gorgeous, Kate x
Hi John, enjoyed watching all the different techniques with the paints.
ReplyDeleteHi John, just watched your video!!! Love, love love it!!!
ReplyDeleteLoopy Lynda xxx
Haven't watched the video yet but love the cards you have made. Must go and watch.
ReplyDeletegreat card ,love the colours ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteSuper cards. will watch the video later.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John, I was one of the lucky ones and watched the U tube demo a few days ago, fabulous. I have never used water colours but thinks they may go on my birthday list, the only problem is deciding which set!!!! Have a great journey to Taunton and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with Julia. Linda.
ReplyDeleteGreat video thank you John. I think these paints will find their way on to my wish list. Pat x
ReplyDeleteWowser! These cards look brilliant Will watch video in a mo More goodies to add to my Wish List
ReplyDeleteHi John, Wow! What an amazing video! You would never have guessed it was your first one! Natural! Love the amazing ways of using the paints with the spray of water and the quickness of wiping off one lot of paint off your brush and going to another! The other genius way is how the paints are magnetised so you can swop and change what colours you want to take anywhere with you. Love the different techniques, first the paints, then painting the lines of colours across, and then the flick of the brush technique and then use any of your stamps e;g the flower one you used. Amazing! "Thank you John" for each masterpiece, whatever the colours, they were all stunning on the black card! xx Love Karen xx Once again, great video! x
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the video! Would be great to see some of your cards demo'd too...
ReplyDeletestunning cards John
ReplyDeleteLove & hUgs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStunning cards. I had noticed the extra videos (email alerts) but had not had the chance to watch them. Love striplets so a winner for me,
Hugs, T x
Excellent video. Absolutely a joy watching it and the cards are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteVery inspiring video!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat video John. You are a natural. Hope you do more of them explaining some of your techniques. Thanks so much for sharing and have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteYes, I viewed it and I ordered a box of them. So looking forward til tey arrive :)Such good tips and idea. Please do more of those videos!!!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteGreat video I love the paints & your demo was very helpful
I'm going to order a set. I would love to see more of your videos.
Hug's Lynda Brock xx
I'm late to the party! I found this site through "Pinterest" and I'm so glad. Lovely cards, wonderful techniques.
ReplyDelete