Todays stamp to die for reveal is the Dragonfly mini triplet, I have to admit I spent ages getting the flowers on this one to look just right not too many petals not too few lol!
I stared by stamping the image in watering can archival ink (a strong grey shade that doesn't have the harshness of black) Next I shaded down from the top using indigo mist colour cloud blending ink next I blended down using clear day colour cloud ( these are part of my basic colour palette however I use the indigo mist all the time!) This technique ijust gives a soft sky that lightens towards the base.
I used the following colours to highlight the detail in the stamped image.
Indigo Mist
Clear day
Basil Leaf
Fresh Grass
Smudged Charcoal
By using the blending ink in this way i was able to get several different shades using the same colour just by varying the amount of ink on the water brush.
To make the remainder of the card I simply die cut the aperture form one of the mini striplets in a square of blue dusk foundation card. I then cut the square using the double pierced noble squares die set. I matted this on coconut white foundation card and added it, with from tape of course, onto a larger square piece cut with the noble sqaures with a thin mat of coconut white added again.
Finally I added a strip of matching ribbon along one side and a bow!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteJuat beautiful thank you take care Kitty.
Morning John, a gorgeous yet simple card love your stamp it is gorgeous must look for this one.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Beautiful card John. ...love the stamp and your colouring with the colour clouds is great they look brill...!
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
A beautiful card, very simple in style but the simplicity showcases your stunning stamp. A work of art!
ReplyDeleteMorning John, the stamps look fantastic on this card, must have taken a while to do it, amazing.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Wednesday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Another lovely stamp. Beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John, the card is lovely, the stamp is gorgeous and a great layout. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteYour stamps are very inspiring and I might need to get some as they look so lovely on your blog. Must keep practicing my colouring - I loved it as a child but maybe I'm so busy these days I don't allow enough time to get it right!
Love it!
Anne M xx
Hi John this card is so gorgeous, I would say sophisticated
ReplyDeleteHave a great day
Jean x
Yet another beautiful card. I love this shape of stamp. I really must get back to stamping. SueL x
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John and a very pretty stamp !
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love the stamp it has so much detail. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Morning John .What a beautiful card once again .The stamp is Stunning .Gloria(Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Gorgeous !! the stamping and colouring are absolutely gorgeous, I love this card. I must admit after watching demo's with the Colour Clouds, these inks look fabulous and have a gorgeous effect.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty and delicate and the stamp looks wonderful.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Beautiful card, and the stamp is really stunning
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely fabulous!! The stamp and the colours are divine.
Clean and simple but luxurious!
:-)
Lorna D
Hi John. What a lovely card. I love the colur palette you have used. I am going to have to start to collect the Colour Cloud inks, they look so good. Have a good day. Take care x
ReplyDeleteLooks lovely John, just watching Phill Martin from last night, xxxx
ReplyDeleteBeautifully simple but effective design of card. I love blue so this card is made for me, I wish! Debra x
ReplyDeleteWowser John Just simply gorgeous
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous stamp and a stunning card, love it.
Lydia
X
What a beautiful card, John. Love the stamp.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeletePretty design, and just the right amount of petals John!
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card,very pretty.
ReplyDeleteTake care Jane B.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely lovely card today. I assume you'll be at Ally Pally again this year. I look forward to seeing you again.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and the stamp is lovely.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Beautiful card John as always,
ReplyDeleteHave fun at Ally Pally, wish I could go but maybe on day.
Maggie
Beautiful card and love the colors.
ReplyDeleteShirley
Such a fab CAS card, love the stamp image and colours!
ReplyDeleteHugs Donna xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card as always, I just love the stamp I may be tempted to have a go at stamping now.
Linda xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, as is the stamp. Your blending is just gorgeous.
Best wishes, Rose
Good afternoon John,
ReplyDeleteOh how i love your CAS card that you have made and it could be for male or female because of the design and colour, i know my mum would have loved it. I do love the cleaness of the design but i can imagine going through mum's garden(which definitely was au naturale at the end) and seeing the wild flowers that she had coming up, but also her lupins and delphiniums and grape hyachinths of which this could be anyone of them. Thanks John for a lovely trip down memory lane.
Crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil)
Lovely card again John xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, absolutely fab!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteVery clever artistic card, wish I could paint as good. Your stamps are beautiful.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Lovely card John. I must get some of these inks on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteYour coloring today is fabulous! Great coloring and great colors. You have inspired me today to give your coloring technique a try. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely stamp, I love dragonflies
Hugs
T x
Gorgeous card and stamp, love the colours you have chosen to colour it as well.
ReplyDeleteYour colouring is so superb, I think I need to practice more.
Stunning card John, love it, Kate x
ReplyDeletehi John, beautiful card and love the blue on blue tone. Sometimes it is nice to just have a milder colour than black to stamp. A lady at card class used brown to stamp as it gave a softer look. "Thank you John" for such a beautiful card xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeletefab card ,love the colouring and the stamp ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card an beautiful stamping. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful image John and you have coloured it perfectly. A lovely card. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John, gorgeous card. Love the stamping and would
ReplyDeletelike to see more of this Colour Cloud Inks you are using,
Maybe at Ally Pally ?
hugs Maria x
Stunning card John, love this striplet as I love Dragonflies, not enough of them in the crafting world always butterflies so thank you lol!
ReplyDeleteLove & hUgs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/