Its a giveaway day but first the amazing Talented and hilarious on a six hour drive across the country Julia Watts is on Hochanda today with her Magic with Masks shows ( these won't involve Julia wearing different animal masks cut from the back of cornflake packet honest! lol) Julia will be on at 10am, 1pm and 6pm it would be great if you could tune in I know I am so I can steal more techniques from her!
I thought it would be nice to show a card I made for the shows I did with ue Wilson last year as it features the counterpane mask and iced snow. This is hopefully one of the techniques Julia will show.
If you would like the chance to win this card simply leave a comment on this post.
Enjoy...
P.s. Dont forget I am on Hochanda tomorrow ( I nearly forgot its been a busy weekend lol) with the new watercolour stamps by Sam Poole tune in tomorrow for a sneak peak!
Loving today`s card John, great idea with the flowers.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteanother stunning card love the colours and mask thank you tracyw
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant thank you. Have fun and take care. looking forward to the shows . Kitty.
A lovely card today I do like the colours and the flower looks fab xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John! I love just how much glitter is on this card. A wonderful design and a lovely flower to finish it off beautifully. Debra x
ReplyDeleteHi John, this card is lovely, great background with the mask, always such tactile effects that you can achieve. I can just imagine how many laughs you and Julia had on your trip. Hoping to catch both her shows and yours. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteGreat card and lovely colours. Lost my mojo again if you see it send it back lol
ReplyDeleteDonna
Stunning and very Beautiful card So pleased you had a good trip back home from down in are beautiful west country
ReplyDeletePauline xx
Morning John, a fabulous card have set to record Julia's shows and she is funny she had us in stitches when she came to Glasgow with Sue the other year.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, Love everything about it.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Morning John, this is a lovely card today, I will definitely be tuning into Hochanda today, (I do every day for what I want to see), pity their deliveries are not good, I am still waiting for my order from 13th September........had 8 phone calls with them so far, been promised that the order has gone out only to find out yesterday that the system is not picking up my address........still hopefully it will get sorted, I am waiting for some masks etc. to arrive and want to get playing.
ReplyDeleteI will have to miss any of you tomorrow morning as I am at craft, we are having a macmillan coffee morning and then in the afternoon I have a hospital appointment so will probably only get a chance to see some of the shows, but I know they will be on repeated, I wished Virgin had them on their channel and I could then tape them.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John, lovely just lovely!!! I like how you've sugared the flower like Sue does they look absolutely gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck everyone!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colours and the design. I am hoping to watch Julia today. I didn't realise that you were on before Sunday I will try to watch all the shows. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGreat card! Great colour combo!
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteI do like this card today is got great colours.
I'm no expert at masking I must admit end up smudging when I take off the mask, yes I do what Sue does tape all round and lift it with the last piece of tape. As soon as I put it somewhere to dry I end up something falling on it or smudging with my fingers.
I will persevere though even if it takes a long time.
Have a great day
Maggie
Beautiful card john , gorgeous colors and the flowers are stunning.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
This is so pretty. Looking forward to all yours and Julia's shows. You are a busy pair!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, A beautiful card showing the fabulous masking techniques.
ReplyDeleteI've just looked at your times and dates of shows, wow !! John you are going to be a 'busy boy' !! I'm looking forward to your shows.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Gorgeous card John , love the way you have added the little flowers.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to yours and Julia's shows,
XxRuth
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteWonderful card.You know I'm a big fan of masks so love what you've done with this one.
Will get to see Julia at 6 if I'm back from work in time.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Brill card John. Gorgeous flowers.
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous, John. I really must use masks more so am recording Julia's shows for inspiration. Looking forward to your shows tomorrow as well.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card today. Im getting to be a fan of masks. I'm still catching up on all the shows I've recorded. So I'll be recording Julia's shows as usual. I'd love to be the proud owner of this lovely card.
Stunning.....looking at the first picture it looks 'padded'
ReplyDeleteCarol
Stunning card John.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI love that card, my reaction on seeing it was "wow".
Thanks for the info about Julia's show, from the title I'd never guess it would be of interest. I love the new tv channel, but they need to improve the scheduling info. Recorder is set up for your show tomorrow.
B xx
Lovely card John
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
Stunning card John, love how you have sugared and layered, will be watching and recording Julia's shows and recording yours as I will be working. Take care, Linda.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA great card, out tomorrow so not sure if I'll see any of your shows.
Lydia
X
Gorgeous card John. I used your credit card technique playing with masks on Sunday and it seemed to work for me so I shall persist with it. Just about to set up to record your shows before I go out..
ReplyDeleteTeresa
I love it! I have an obsession with buying masks, ordered two more last night. Why? I don't use them nearly as much as I should. Very easy to store though, they don't take up much room (ha ha). All set for Julia today. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletelove this card, and shall record Julia's shows as I'm also always up for new techniques and Julia makes beauitful backgrounds.
Saw your video on watercolours and must seriously say "Stop it", my wish list has now gotten even longer!!
Best wishes, Rose
LOVE the card John! Just tuning in to Julia as I write, thanks for reminding me
ReplyDeleteHi John, Stunning card! Thanks for reminding,of to Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteTake care Jane B. In the UK.
Hi John love this card, just watched Julia and she was great. Looking forward to watching you tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
A lovely versatile card
ReplyDeleteDoreen R
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGoing to record all the shows so that I can see the fantastic work all over again. Recording Julie today and will set the recorder for tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteGlad to say Mum is now out of hospital and although she is 250 miles away its good that she is now started complaining it must mean she is on the road to recovery.
Crafty hugs Pen x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. Love the ice. Hopefully I'll catch some of Julia today and you tomorrow. Good luck.
Shirley
Stunning card-love it!
ReplyDeleteMichele
Your card is Gorgeous, John! Would love to win it and give it a good home!
ReplyDeleteThx for sharing your talent!
Great card John...just off to see Julia again....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, another fab card today and I love the colour you have chosen as it looks so good on that pattern.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think the flower just finishes it off beautifully.
Looking forward to the shows
Hi John, oh Wow! This is such a beautiful card.....I'm prone to a bit of "shiny" can't you tell?! Lol! It truly is stunning and these are gorgeous colours together.xx I've been glued to Julia today. Her demo's have been fantastic and great to watch. Just amazing! I've just got to set the video on timer....."Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteWow what a beautiful card. Stunning colour John x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. I so enjoy watching you on Hochanda. Would love the chance to win this beauty. Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteA stunning card John. So nice to meet you last Sunday in Taunton
ReplyDeleteMaureen from WELLS x
Gorgeous card John, I love it
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
great card ,will try to watch tomorrow ,hopefully will get a little time between school runs ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteI adore this card and would love to win it! Good Luck with the shows tomorrow. Love, Josephine x.
ReplyDeleteHi John, had liked to seen Julia but were in hospital so will
ReplyDeletetry to find her on repeat, with or without any mask :-)
The card today is amazing !
Hope to watch you tomorrow,
hugs Maria x
Beautiful card John. I'll be watching tomorrow. Pat x
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteHi John , lovely card love the colours, hav to record your shows but will watch them when I get a chance probably in the night tomorrow. Thank you for the cloud prize my 2nd eldest granddaughter s already given me a list of what colours we Need. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John
ReplyDeleteOh well better late than never! Lovely card, I missed these shows you did sadly but am looking forward to today's.
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
What a beautiful card. I love this technique. Have a good day all......Barbara
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWow! I like it! Not sure how it's done but I'm sure a you tube will turn up soon!
Thanks for showing it.
Anne M xx
Hi John. What a gorgeous card, I love the colour and the Counterpane Mask is beautiful. Take care x
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect card! Absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card and could be used for a masculine card as well.
ReplyDelete