Happy Tuesday,
Can you believe its the first of September?!? Ive had a manic few days and thank you all for the wonderful support for my shows and demos! As I left the studios last night I was told how many of you had emailed in and sent wishes so thank you all so much!
Today's post is a quick one as I have kinda run short on time at the moment! This is one of the Christmas cards, made using Sues wonderful Festive dies, that I made for my Demos I thought that the red colour was just right for such a grey day (its tipping it down here as I am writing this at 05:30 this morning!)
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions craft dies by Sue Wilson
Deboss snowflake
deer family
CE A4 embossing folder snowflake lattice
White Ice
Enjoy...
Hi John
ReplyDeletea beautiful card thank you tracyw
Hi John, this card is lovely with the red and white. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteI like this card John, nice and cheerful with red, have loved your shows, Jean xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card & the red colour (rich red?) frames everything so beautifully & makes this card look so regal & elegant, I had this idea stuck in my mind that the deer family would only look great against the trees but you have shown otherwise that they can be fabulous without. Thank you for sharing with us. x
Oh & John thank you for 3 brilliant shows yesterday & the tip of putting the die with cut onto magnetic sheet in order to ink was to me one of your greatest tips (I struggle to hold & ink but after trying your tip last night it worked a treat) Sue certainly caught a gem when she picked you to be part of the CE team because you help us with so many hints & tips & how to get the best from her wonderful dies & that can only be a good thing right...Lol...
Hope the rain clears away for you John & how about that rest you should be taking...seems to me you have had quite an exhausting time, even though you are so obviously passionate about card making, don't you owe yourself some you time?...Lol...
Thank you again John & I wish yourself & friends here a lovely day...take care
Beth B x x x
Morning John, a fab. Christmas card the deer family are so versatile you can use them on any card and they fit in. Your shows yesterday were great caught them all when I got in.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Lovely card!
ReplyDeleteBeen watching your demos on Hochanda and I've been inspired to go and craft again.
Many thanks
Have a good day ☺
Hi John, Just love this card and especially love the deer die.
ReplyDeleteFinally managed to get Hochanda just in time to watch your shows. Sue Wilson actually emailed me to help as shed read my comment about not recieving it. What a lovely lay.
Any hoo, the demos were great. I did email the first show but it returned as Postal failure but the thought was there.
Bye for now.
Love Val x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteYes, a beautiful card to brighten a dull wet day. The red gives it a lovely pop of colour.
Great shows yesterday. Safe travels today in this weather.
Ang x
Morning John, a beautiful Christmas card to brighten up a horrible day weather wise, and the reindeer look so good in the close up.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed all your shows and all the lovely tips you keep showing us, they are brilliant and I am not surprised that you got so many lovely comments, I sent in an email but it wasn't read out, never mind.
Enjoy Tuesday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
This is a stunning card - really beautiful. It's a glorious day in Bournemouth with clear blue skies!
ReplyDeleteDoreen R
Good morning John this is a gorgeous Christmas card I love the dies. I am not surprised that you are short of time you are so busy. You were up early. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteYou must be shattered! Well done for giving successful shows and thank you for so many tips.
ReplyDeleteLove today's card.
Jan
Northampton
Stunning card, rich & opulent. Perfect for Christmas.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, hope you are going to get a bit of a rest today after the stint on Hochanda yesterday, you were brilliant .
ReplyDeleteI send you a message on Facebook, hope you can pass it on to Sue, thanks.
This card is fantastic really gorgeous I don't know how you do it, well I do you are a gifted artist.
Sorry got to rush, have acupuncture in half hour then a rush round to my Sisters and pick another friend up on the way to Daisys for craft workshop.
Have a great day
Maggie
Beautiful card John, love Red and White! I have the snowflake embossed die and looks as though the deers are going to have to find their way into my stash,lol. hopefully I will be able to catch up on the rest of your fabulous shows on Hochanda today, I am enjoying them so much and echo all the other remarks about your tips and little short cuts etc, they all help so much. Enjoy your day, Linda.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and I watched all your shows yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed them. Lovely blue skies here in Derby. Hope it lasts as I'm on a walk this morning. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGosh John, what an early start , i do hope you went to bed early ?
ReplyDeleteA lovely card i so like the snowy reindeer against the red , and the dies used a lovely.
Have a good day and i hope the weather today is kinder to us all.
Elaine H X
Hi John. What a gorgeous card, lovely and cheerful, which is just what is needed on this dreary day here.
ReplyDeleteYour shows were great again. Your tips and hints just keep coming. The one about using a piece of tape to help position dies is going to be so useful for me as I really struggle with that usually, thank you : )
I keep saying it but will you get a rest today?
Take care x
This is beautiful card, John. Just watching one of the shows from yesterday - what a brilliant tip about cutting out the centre square! Will have to remember that.
ReplyDeleteLooks as if we are going to have another wet day here in Northampton.
Anne (Northampton)
Hi John, a lovely card and as I have the dies I shall make some cards like yours,hope you don't mind?
ReplyDeleteYour shows were fabulous yesterday and you are a great artist,they should count their blessings having you on their show and so should C E.
Did you use your SIP card the other day scrapping of the paste??
Take care Jane B.
Beautiful card, love the rich colour, these reindeer are exquisite!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't get yesterday's shows.....channel 39 was pixilating all day.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card today. Missed the shows as I'm in Spain. Love the colours on this one. Will have a proper look at all the cards when I get home.
Lovely card! Wonderful card design with the gorgeous deer. Debra x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful and elegant card, love the deer against the red.
I'll be watching back my recordings of yesterday's shows over the next couple of days as all of your hints and tips are so useful and much appreciated.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Morning John, A beautiful card, loving the red (it has been pouring down here all night) a real 'uplift', and the deer family is a fabulous die set.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteJust joined your blog. I follow Sue Wison daily and have been watching you on Hotchanda. Brilliant! Great ideas and inspiration. Really enjoyed watching you and getting different ideas for all the Sue dies I own - which is a lot!
Well done and keep going.
Keep safe out there!
Anne M xx
Good morning John very Christmassy with the red and "ice" though could just as easily make cards all year round for all seasons with the deer. Safe travels, it's not raining here at present! See you at the workshop this afternoon love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, I do like the deer family. Good shows yesterday.
Lydia
X
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, lovely card today!!! Haven't watched the shows yet but got them taped can't wait to see them!!! Try to take it easy :)
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Lovely card.mmtaped all the shows and have watched 2 of them. Love the demos and all the hints and tips you give. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHello John. I found your blog and have been following you for quite some time now. I visit your blog almost everyday to see your next, new beautiful creation. I have not left a comment before as I know I will be unable to keep it up all the time. ( illness.) However, I just wanted to tell you that I have been watching all the shows that you have done so far on the new Hochanda Channel and I think you have been fantastic !! Your hints, tips and techniques are sooo very helpful and I have loved watching you make your beautiful cards on TV. You are very clever and I love your ideas. I would like to say a big thank you to you John, you certainly know your stuff !! I am hoping to meet you at Alley Palley for the first time ( that's if I can get any where near your stall !! ) I love your card today. I love the colours. That beautiful little deer family die set is on my wish list !! Along with many more of Sue's dies !! Keep up the good work John, you are doing a fantastic job. I cant wait to watch you tv again on Friday now !! Lots of love from Tres x x x
ReplyDeleteI agree with all the above from Tres, especially getting near your stand at Ally Pally ;) Didn't know you were back on Friday at Hochanda and now can't wait xx
Deletehope you have a day or two to get over Hochanda, but it seems as if you are well in demand! Great tips etc, but it still niggles that I can't buy anything from the channel - it can be viewd all over the world, , I wonder if people in other countries have the same problem.
ReplyDeleteHi John a gorgeous card love all your xmas cards.
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed the shows yesterday and all the tips brilliant I have tried the tape tip and helped me so much (arthritis hands ) thankyou
xjeanie
Hi John, stunning card! I love the rich pop of red in the background that gives it, along with everything else, the wow factor. I love the gorgeous snowflake EF, it's stunning. I love all our Sue's creations....:) Thank you for the tips. I like the one where you make a hole in the four corners in the piece of card that you want to cut out of the middle. So glad too that you had a lot of emails and well wishes. It's lovely when that happens. I 'll have to sort that bit out. I'm not a very good techno pro! . Hope you're going to have a rest now from your crafting marathon now take care xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletenot surprised you're running short of time. Don't know how you fit everything in but very glad you do. Your shows were great, not least because they let you do the demos properly and didn't keep interrupting to advertise the products for sale. This card is RIGHT UP MY STREET, because at last I'm seeing a bit of red (my favourite) and "my" lovely deer are in it, too - plus SPARKLE.
Thank you for sharing.
Best wishes, Rose
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI finally was able to see your show twice yesterday and now understand what and how to use the mica flakes. I learned alot watching you.
I love the card today, it's so bright and festive.
Get some rest, take some time for yourself and have a great day.
Shirley
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI've Sent One Message Its Gone Into Cyberspace Somewhere (That Does Annoy Me) The Shows On Hochanda Were Excellent You Were Excellent.
Today's Card Is Stunning Rich And Opulent In Colour Very Beautiful Indeed.
Thanks For Sharing John
Hugs From Sam xxx
Goegeous card today and love the red in the centre as it highlights the
ReplyDeleteembossing folder perfectly and those deer are gorgeous.
I still have those and the tree to buy.
all the shows you did were fab and really helped with a few things I wasn't sure off.
so a big thank you, hope you get some rest before you have to go again.
Hi John, another lovely card today. Really enjoyed your shows yesterday and
ReplyDeletethank you so much for all the tips- - loved the gift card holder.
I do hope that you manage to get some time to relax after such a busy couple of days
Wendyx .
Hi John, what a lovely card, love those reindeer!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Donna xx
A quickie card, really !!!! It is lovely, love the colours. Sick and tired of all this rain, convinced we are all going to be floating soon....thanks John...luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteAs usual the card is great. LOVED your shows, thank you, thank you from Sue Mac
ReplyDeleteAs usual the card is great. LOVED your shows, thank you, thank you from Sue Mac
ReplyDeleteJohn, I absolutely loved all yours shows on Hochanda......you really went into so much detail and inspired me to get my dies back out of hiding and play with them more - thank you
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteMight be a quick card but its terrific. Saw most of your shows on Hochanda, well done, they were brilliant. You really explain thing so well.
Hugs, Tx
Gorgeous card John. Love it x
ReplyDeletefab card love the dies ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLovely card and that pop of red make the deer really stand out They don't a "scene" setting
ReplyDeleteI did email in just to say that I really enjoyed your shows It was lovely to see a demo from start to finish and your Tia were ace The tape one, such a huge help for my sausage fingers The inking on top of a magnetic sheet I'll definitely try that The placing a pin in each corner if you want to cut an aperture Just everything really I'm going to have to submit to buying the Canadian background and make that adorable gift bag!
Hi John, gorgeous card the red looks great. The shows went really well I think this new channel is going to be good for the demos. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteSweet card with the deer family ! love the dark red in the background, love it!
Watching you on tv has been great. Fab. tips all the time and actually to get to see you and not the presenter all the time and to get to see how you make your beautiful cards. TFS
hugs Maria xx
What a beautiful card!!
ReplyDelete