Happy Wednesday,
Well its back to the usual routine now that Crafting at Ally Pally is over for this year. I have to admit its left me a little tired so will be taking today off to recharge the batteries as I have a busy couple of weeks ahead (nothing new there!)
Its back to my design team gig for Creative Expressions and this month we have all been working with Phil Martin's Dragonfly collection of stamps and paper pack. As you know I have kinda fallen for the new colour cloud blending inks from Cosmic Shimmer so this was a perfect chance to create and ethereal background for the main stamped image using the inks. I promise you its a lot easier than it looks!
I stared by die cutting a circle of Cricut transfer in the middle of a square of the tape. Next I stuck this down onto coconut white foundation card and using my scalpel, cut the circle into the waves. I removed each wave section of the circle in turn and shaded the revealed area using colour cloud blending ink lilac whisper. Next I peeled back the next layer and and added more lilac whisper however this time I mixed in a little clear day to alter the colour and give the hazy look.
I then continued revealing layers adding clear day, lilac whisper and indigo mist to make all the shades shown.
Next I removed the outside transfer tape square I then inked the stamp using indigo mist and lilac whisper to give shading and stamped this over the inked circle.
To finish the card I added layers of black and white interspersed with matching pages form Phil's dragonfly paper pack. The colours work together so well with the coloured image.
Ingredients:
Sentimentally Yours Butterfly Field stamp set
Graceful Butterflies paper pad
Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud blending Inks
Lilac Whisper, Indigo Mist & Clear Day
Enjoy...
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous the colours are beautiful, hope you have a rest today you deserve it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card the background is beautiful and I agree the Colour Cloud inks are the best blending inks I have used.
Enjoy your relaxing day - you've earned it!
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful Thank you take care Kitty.
Morning John, a lovely card today, you have the best job in the world getting to play with all the lovely CE products.
ReplyDeleteI will be watching Julia today and Sue on Friday night and Saturday, I only wished that Virgin had it on their channels.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Wow...what a stunning card........enjoy your 'day off '...you've earned it !
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, and love that it fills the card front. Have a good day, Heather
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card. I really must try these cloud inks. Enjoy your day off!
Anne M xx
This is so pretty. Lovely products from Phill on a delightful background.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day off.
Jan
Northampton
Hello John, this card is gorgeous, love the colours used to create the background. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card today, I would love to give this a try. Will have to find out where to get the transfer paper.
Enjoy your day off you deserve it
Maggie
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love how you have created the background. I resisted the inks at Ally Pally but I think I am going to have to get some now. Pam did let me have a go with them. Enjoy your day off I hope you do something nice. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteOh, John. this so very beautiful!! I must have a go at doing this. I have the stamp but have only used it once but it'll be in my hand as soon as I buy the inks. Debra x
ReplyDeleteLovely card John I think these colour clouds will be a massive hit I'm trying to build up the colours can you ask someone to display a colour wheel on the Creative Expressions Facebook page so we can see all the course available please...!
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
http://coopersdivertimento.com/secret-algo-bot-review/
ReplyDeleteBinary Option (BO) - Binary mean only two possible outcomes and by option we mean a choice to do or not. So going by the meaning of words, It is basically a type of option where the payoff is all or nothing. Because of this characteristic, Binary Options can be easier to understand and trade than traditional options. A binary option contract enables you to profit from market price movements in an all-or-nothing fashion.
http://nytransguide.org/secret-algo-bot-review/
Beautiful John , I am really wanting some of these new inks since I saw them demonstrated on Hochanda....my list gets longer and longer!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good rest,
XxRuth
Beautiful card John, if i had it i would frame it , enjoy your day off
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Morning John, This is a beautiful 'picture' card, I love all the colours, I love your graduating hills, and the stamping is beautiful, a definite 'ethereal' feel, and such a very 'relaxing' picture.
ReplyDeleteI loved watching the demo of the colour cloud inks, I really wish that I could afford them, they seem fabulous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Lovely card John .I bought a few colour cloud at Ally Pally .This "picture is stunning. Have a good days rest you deserve it.Gloria(Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, another gorgeous card, I love the colours.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the colours.
Lydia
X
What a lovely card, John. Nice to see something different.
ReplyDeleteMake the most of your day off - you deserve it.
Anne (Northampton)
Stunning card John.
ReplyDeleteThis is stunning I really must keep trying to stamp I'm never very pleased with the results I obtain Iwas so involved in the shopping side of the dies I wanted At AP I totally forgot to come and have a play with the inks and smoothies!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWOW absolutely stunning!!!!
I love this technique you do with the cricut paper and the blending inks look fabulous.
:-)
Lorna D
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I love the colours and the way that you have made the graduation in them. Have a relaxing day and thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful scene you have created from very little.
A day off? I bet you will still be pottering in your craft cave!
Enjoy.......
Ang x
Good morning John, love your card today, day off wowza you can run amok with gay abandon : ) enjoy your free time : )
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John, a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, do hope you enjoy your day off. I love the card today it is so atmospheric the colours and stamps are fabulous.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John. A very artistic card today, lovely. Enjoy your day relaxing (bet you don't). SueL x
ReplyDeleteA very lovely card - so versatile in what it can be used for.
ReplyDeleteDoreen R
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteReally unusual card today, very striking.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card. If I remember you demoed this technique on the TV once. But I'd have to see it done in the flesh so to speak before I could attempt it. I hope you have a lovely relaxing day today. I'm not to sure you will though.
wonderful card John could we have a Video on this Technique please have a great day off
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunner of a card - I love it. But I'd have to see it demo'd before I would try it in person. On second thoughts, might try it in a slightly different way...........
Best wishes, Rose
So pretty John....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, such a gorgeous card with the lovely build up of these colours. Phills papers and inks are just stunning xx "Thank you John" for this beautiful card xx Enjoy your rest :) xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card. So ethereal looking. I want to fly away in there.
ReplyDeleteLove it.
Shirley
Great card John.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day off!!
Love Nancy xx
Hiya John, this is fab...have a great day off!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Donna xx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteThis card is so beautiful and sounds easy! Will have to give it a go as the results are stunning.
Enjoy your rest!
Lol Barbara W x
Wow, what a gorgeous card. Love the way you blended the colours. They are fabulous. Must get some of these new inks. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Would love to see a video of how you did it. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteWow-stunning card. Love the background you have created, it's gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMichele
This is amazing John, very atmospheric, I love the colours that you've used, just beautiful. Pat x
ReplyDeletejust so beautiful John, gorgeous colours and stamping, Kate x
ReplyDeleteLovely effect. The color cloud inks are stunning. x Annie P
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning, so relaxing to look at.
ReplyDeleteI adore this John. I must get some transfer paper as it looks really good. I only have a few of the clioud blending inks but I'm so enjoying working with them.
ReplyDeletelove Val x
Today's card is truly 'Delightful' and very soothing. I feel it could have a nice aroma added to finish it off, something like heather or gorse perhaps. Whatcha think? :-)
ReplyDeletegreat card,Laura O
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today John. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteHi John, gorgeous card love the colour blending. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteOh wow this is so stunning and absolutely beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI really love this one, the colours you have used are so pretty and it couldn't be any more perfect.
Your created card today with the sponged ethereal background is stunning. You have inspired me to try this look. I hope I can pull it off. Coloring comes so natural to you. You have a gift!
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a beautiful card, I love the soft delicate colours and effects you have used here : )
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a good day off. I bet you didn't just sit with your feet up though, knowing how busy you are : )
Take care x
Hi John, stunning card you never fail to amaze.
ReplyDelete