Happy Wednesday,
Well I am well on my way to another mammoth slew of shows on Hochanda and Demoing! Tomorrow I am at Sharon's Card Craft in Swanley Kent, after that I am back on your screens tomorrow night at 8pm with decoupage One Day Special. However Today I have three shows, 10am, 2pm and 6pm with some beautiful new stamps from Sam Poole.
I have been playing for the past couple of days to some up with some new ( well to me anyway) techniques for you. This first card is using an interesting slew of techniques on it however you will have to tine in to see what they are! I have to say that if you have never stamped or are now to stamping then today's shows are perfect for you. These watercolour stamps are a great place to start and experienced crafters and stampers will also have fun with the new twist Sam has put on stamping!
I often get asked where does my inspiration come from well on this card it came from the T-shirt I was wearing whilst making it! I will try to have this to show you on the shows today so you can judge the similarity!
The t-shirt has a Hombre pattern going from blue to yellow and I wanted to see if I could replicate it in watercolours well with the help of some items from my Kitchen cupboards I think I did. Tune in to see what I am waffling about lol
The second card is the same transfer tape technique as I used for this card HERE (link works Honest!) which I made with Phill Martins range of stamps, paper and the Cosmic shimmer Colour Cloud inks.
Hopefully you can join me today if not there is always tomorrow, or Friday, or Sunday lol.
Enjoy...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards! But you eat T shirts?? LOL!
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Morning John, stunning cards, with such delicate flowers stamped on them, I hope to catch some of your shows (or the repeats) today but am out at craft club this morning and this afternoon got 2 hospital appointments so very probable that I will not be able to see them live. Oh I wish that Virgin had Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, two fabulous cards looking forward to see again tonight haven't seen anything from Sam in a while since she went to have her second baby hope they are all well.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Love both the cards John. Looking forward to your shows today. A real treat this week with both you and Julia showing us ideas. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning - Great cards and looking forward to today's Sows with you as usual....Barbara
ReplyDeleteHi John, great cards, love the new Stamps, Sam is very artistic, and your ombre effects are fab. Will try catch the shows live. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteLovely cards John I have set the record button so will catch your,shows later xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,can't wait, new techniques yippee!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Good morning John your cards are gorgeous the stamps look amazing. It is good to know that Sam is designing again. You are so busy. Good luck with all the shows I am looking forward to seeing them. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLooks amazing - can't wait to watch . Recorder set as I'm off to work.
Enjoy!! and stay safe out there!
Anne M xx
Both cards are stunning, no favourite they are both beautiful.....love where the inspiration came from!
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards John. ..will be watching but won't be buying unfortunately as Hochanda are in my bad books....charging me four times for the same order....
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
Morning John, Wow !!!!! I love the ombre effect, it is really beautiful and the stamping is gorgeous. I can't wait to find out how you did this. I love it !!!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love these cards and will be watching and taping your shows.
Good luck today and tomorrow
Have a great time.
Maggie
Wow John, I love both cards. What a tease, can't wait to watch the show to see how you did it.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Love the first card especially, John. It is good to have Sam back on the crafting scene - I love her stamps.
ReplyDeleteGood luck for the shows - I will record to watch later.
Anne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, I think the second one is just my favourite. Will be out this morning but will watch the later shows.
Lydia
X
Wow isn't this stamp just gorgeous? making two beautiful cards John, loving them both but if i had to choose a number 1 it would be the second one , all the color and detail is just perfection , Well Done !.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John. A great two-fer. Both are so pretty. It's good to hear that Sam has some new stamps. I hope the shows go well and that you enjoy yourself, all of the shows will be recorded as I'm not sure how many I will be able to watch live as I am out today. Have fun. Take care x
ReplyDeletebeautiful card - just love it. recording all the shows.
ReplyDeletecrafty hugs pen x
Hi John. Oh these cards are lovely, very different. Really really looking forward to your shows today, which I will have to watch later. Omg Peterborough,Kent then Peterborough. You will meet yourself coming back!! SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning!!!
I adore these backgrounds you have been creating lately, what we need is a master class on all of these!!!
:-)
Lorna D
Hi John, a very pretty card,will watch the show!
ReplyDeleteTake care Jane B.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteTwo stunning cards, I love the effects on both. Looking forward to seeing your shows today.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely marvellous, both of them. The background on the first looks amazing.
Having seen what's in your kitchen cupboards I'm wondering what's going to be on TV lol! Not the Marmite technique hahaha! Looking forward to the shows.
Ang x
Hi John, stunning card and love the violet? and yellow together. The colours are just like an Iris flower, only the violet is lighter. Just beautiful! Can't believe that you did the colours blending from your t/shirt, but hey strange things happen for a reason! Sam's are gorgeous too. Glad to see you back Sam! "Thank you John" xx Hope to see you in a bit! xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteboth cards are beautiful. I'm recording your shows and shall watch them later. Glad to see that Sam is back with her talent.
You are a glutton for punishment aren't you, hope you can relax at some point in time. One good thing though - you can play with the Xmas palette of watercolours!
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeletelooking forward to the shows and Welcome back Sam! x
Sam does design some lovely stamps and you have made some lovely cards with them.
ReplyDeleteJohn, I love your shows on Hochanda so much. This morning's was fantastic as usual and I seriously think I could watch you all day.
ReplyDeleteJust love the background, but have missed the show, please, please tell us how to do it. John.
ReplyDeleteG.
Hi John love the card, have just watched you demonstrate this card and love the Salt with thyme - brings a whole new meaning to scented cards.
ReplyDeleteWendyx,
Due to the time difference, I won't be able to see how you did this background. Please consider doing a how to video. Love how it looks and want to learn how to re-create it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck at the shows.
Shirley
Two lovely cards especially the second one.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, both of your cards are stunning and I have been watching the shows and must say I was blown away at how you did the second card.
ReplyDeleteThe colours are just amazing and wow what a beautiful card at the end of the demo.
Can't wait to see the rest of the shows today and tomorrow and of course on Friday.
Nothing is going to get done in this house for the next few days lol
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTwo fantastic cards. The second one is my favourite. You'll need to try and slow down at or after the weekend.
Another brilliant use of stamps (I will give it a go - honest) But I was missing yesterday so I've missed your shows today I hope I'll catch them on repeat I hope
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are gorgeous.
Saw the t-shirt, good likeness.
I was also blown away at the demo of the second card,you covered very well!!!
Love Nancy xx
lovely stamps ,great cards ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteFabulous cards. Love both of them especially the colours
ReplyDeleteFabulous shows!!
ReplyDeleteThese are fabulous John, love the merging colours in both of them!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Donna xx
Loved the shows but when are Hochanda going to take the hint and give you a large bin!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely watching you on Hochanda. Brilliant show.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards John, loving watching all your tips and demos
ReplyDelete