Happy Saturday,
I'm at Brykley Park Strikes Garden Centre today from 10am to 4pm It would be great to see you! and as the weathers rainy you might as well! lol
Don't forget that Sue Wilson will launch the Festive One Day Special Tonight at 8pm on Hochanda channel 39 freeview, 663 on sky, 822 on Freest and online at www.hochanda.com. Today's card is made using one of the dies that may feature the Peaking snowflake! Ive used it here with the Colour Cloud Blending Inks from cosmic shimmer. I thought I would show another technique today, as promised, using the colour cloud inks!
I stated by using indigo mist colour cloud with a smoothie through the snowflake mask, the smoothies don't catch at all on the edges of the mask. The best technique for this is to take off the ink on a scrap piece of paper ( i didn't like waste so this piece was used for tomorrows card!) Next I moved the mask and shaded clear day through it, I kept moving the mask and shading the snowflakes with the 2 colours of ink and different pressure to get all the different shades.
I shaded around the corners using the ink left on the smoothie I had used for the clear day then die cut the largest oval from the peeking snowflake die set by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. I cut the next oval down from cobalt foundation card and from mounted this below the clouded piece leaving a small border all round.
I then cut the snowflake die form the set from a larger piece of coconut white foundation card and gently shaded the snowflakes. I again used the ink left on the smoothie that's the great thing about the colour cloud blending inks they just don't stop!
I stamped the sentiment, sorry the picture just doesn't show this week, in the clear day (should of used the indigo mist) form my poinsettia elements clear stamp set for CE and mounted this piece behind.
Finally, i hear you shout, I added a snowflake pearl scary along the side and added a couple of layers of cobalt and coconut white to frame the image.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Peeking Snowflake
Cosmic Shimmer colour cloud blending Ink
Indigo Mist
Clear day
Cobalt & coconut white foundation card
CE Pearl snowflake spray
I can't wait to see what Sue has come up with for her demos on Hochanda so I will be tuning in!
Enjoy...
Morning John, a gorgeous card love all the shading you have done, off to see the card you have posted for Sunday did you get ahead of yourself with your blogy button.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteDo we have an extra post today, both are lovely. Take care Kitty.
Good morning Sue, I don't know what's happening??? Is there two posts today???
ReplyDeleteMy head is spinning!!! I just can't keep up!!! Well both cards are fabulous!!!
You are clever using your waste John!!! You are very crafty : ) get it!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Another gorgeous card John, looking forward to watching Sues Shows,
ReplyDeleteXxxxRuth
Morning John, What a nice surprise, two cards, both beautiful. Think I might have to buy these new colour cloud inks they look fabulous. Take care, Linda.
ReplyDeleteAn interesting technique John. Maybe if you do something 'new' like this, we could have a photo of that stage as well please so we could see how you have built the card up. Look forward to seeing how you used the 'waste' ink.
ReplyDeleteHave set record for Sue's show as I am off to Glasgow for the weekend to see my new granddaughter Chloe who was born on Tuesday. Can't wait!
Jan
Northampton
Beautiful card! These blending clouds are on my wish list. Oh and I finally found out what Bokah is. Debra x
ReplyDeleteOh John, you are near me today but would you believe it, I'm down in Somerset! Lovely card by the way. SueL x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteSorry I've been missing. Extra at work due to problems at another store. In today as well so better hop to. Terrific card. Was going to say needs a sentiment then you explained lol! Love the idea of a "pearl scary"........embellishment with attitude lol!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Beautiful card love the sentiment..... It doesn't mention the c word!
ReplyDeleteHi John, I can't wait for my blending inks to arrive. Love the way you've used them on this lovely card. Looking forward to watching Sue tonight. Shes 'proper Saturday night viewing.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Gorgeous card, live the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. enjoy your demo day.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!! I must get myself some mists, you make them look fabulous.
:-)
Lorna D
Lovely card
ReplyDeleteHave a good day.
Elaine H X
Hi John like what you have done here love from Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card, John. You seem to be starting every blog post with "I'll be at ... today"! You must be due a break soon.
ReplyDeleteHaving a play day with friends today.
Anne (Northampton)
Hi John lovely card. Thank you for sharing this new technique with us , I think I need some of these Blending Inks.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John lovely card. Thank you for sharing this new technique with us , I think I need some of these Blending Inks.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John, lovely card in my favourite colours. Are you ever at home??
ReplyDeleteTake care Jane B.
Hello John, this card is certainly worth a wow! Love the colours and the layout. Looking forward to Sue's shows. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletePretty card, love the pearl stars.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the colours. Hope you have a good day.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteOh dear between you and Sue I'm going to be bankrupt soon lol. Now I've got to get the masks and try this technique.. Here was me feeling clever I'd pre ordered from Sue's new range, seems I should have ordered everything lol.
My house will soon have no room with all these dies,your stamps,MDF and paints let alone the cloud inks lol.
Thanks for sharing this card. I must set my hd box to tape all the shows in case I miss them and also so I can go back to refer to them.
Have a great day
Maggie
Hi John, I love this card and the inks used. Although I don't have much in the way of things, i:e Distress Inks, but when anyone uses what I have I'm in my element! Lol! I like to see all the different techniques that are done. It's lovely that there are so many talented people out there who experiment with crafting things. The best ever is seeing the joy and passion on the faces of the "teachers" who are showing us all out there how to do it :) Don't worry about the sentiment, I honestly thought you had used velum.....or is it definitely another trip to Specsavers...lol! Have a great day at Brykley Parks garden Centre and I'm sure you will have a steady of ladies coming in. "Thank you John" for this beautiful card xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. Must get some blending inks when I go to Ally Pally next week.
ReplyDeleteHi John, I love the shading you have done on this card it all looks fab. Thanks for sharing have a great day.
ReplyDeleteLinda xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletethis card grows on you.. love the stamping ! (and of course, the bling).
I'm also looking forward to see Sue tonight and tomorrow, hope they'll be showing more samples than they have been up to now.
Best wishes, Rose
Will be ordering my dies from Joanna Sheen - since Hochanda don't want my business.
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love the design. I am looking forward to seeing Sue on Hochanda. I hope you have a great day you never seem to stop these days. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLove this card! Can you demo this next time you're on Hochanda? Don't forget to take some time for yourself.
ReplyDeleteShirley
Hi John, A lovely card, beautiful inking, and the beautiful pearl snowflake, the perfect finishing touch.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Lovely card John,
ReplyDeleteMy daughter has received my MDF I ordered when your shows were on, can't wait to go to UK to pick them up and get crafting.
Love Nancy xx
Very intriguing card, John. Beautiful on first look, but then you start to see all the extra details as you look at it more. I really like it!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day, although it's afternoon there now.
It's beautiful love all of the elements in it
ReplyDeleteStill trying to resolve it John xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, well if I use Chrome as my search engine then I can update your blog, so here goes.
ReplyDeleteI have so enjoyed all your shows on Hochanda and also the most beautiful creations of of MDF's, stamps and cards that you have made.
Enjoy Saturday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John, wow loving what you have done with all the snowflakes, so detailed!! :)
ReplyDeleteHugs Donna xx
great card waiting for Sue's show to start ,sure it won't disappoint,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous card. I love the shading and the way you've created the background. Such pretty colours. It sounds as if you've been really busy recently travelling up and down the country. Best wishes, Anne O.
Lovely wintry look with those colours. Pat x
ReplyDeleteWow another gorgeous card using the blending inks.
ReplyDeleteI loves the different blues you have used and must get my masks out and have a try at this technique.
Hi John, gorgeous card loving all the blues I am seeing from everyone this year for the Christmas cards, I think I am going to have to invest in a few of these blending inks they look fab. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI think I missed this post yesterday due to travelling back from Spain. Lovely lovely card today.