Thanx for all your wishes that I have a relaxing day off, I did! Well for me anyway I cleared and organised my Craft Cave as Mrs Duck would call it! to me that's a relaxing day off, today I am back at it preparing for the wonderful tag Team Crafting weekend at Craftasmic with Julia Watts this weekend.
When I was at Hochanda a couple of weeks ago a lady (Pauline I think) emailed one of the ladies on the call centre checking which colours of Foundation Card I had used to make this one so I decided to post her the card so she could check for herself!
There is little story to this card as this was not how It was supposed to turn out however I couldn't find the original card on air so I used the bits to make this different version using the same dies, colours and cut pieces. To see the what this card should of looked like then click HERE to see the original post! Personally I like both but it would be interesting to see what my blog family think!
The thing I like about this card is that by cutting the main element you can see all the detail of where the border strips meet in the middle. I decided, live on air , to make this the feature and used the flowers around the top right to balance the piece and highlight the wonderful detail.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Californian collection Corner, bored and tag
Vancouver die set
Classic folder flower
Sparkle square Embossing folder
Lilac Whisper colour Cloud by Cosmic Shimmer
Lilac & Coconut white foundation card
5mm stick on pearls
Enjoy...
Beautiful card John. The sign of a true professional is changing up things on the spur of the moment. Sounds like that is what you did. Your cards are always so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing and have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, this card is gorgeous can't open link to original will try later to find it as I must rush am running late this morning my daughter will waiting for me to watch children.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good Morning John
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely card and beautiful colour how kind of you to send it to the lady. I wish that CE did swatches of their foundation card with the stock number on them as the colours are not always true online.
I would be willing to pay for them but it is annoying when you get the card and it isn't the right colour. Perhaps a suggestion in their ear? :)
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteanother stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw
Beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
This is very pretty and suggesting other ideas along the same theme using different dies (ie the ones I have!)
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA great card thank you take care Kitty.
What a great idea Heather that would be a definate benefit.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John well done for tidying your craft room I do mine but a,couple of hours later it's back into the same state as before lol xxx
Hi John, another beautiful card, love the use of the border dies without disguising the join between them. I think this is my favourite of the 2. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed your day off, I wondered how much stash you found you forgot you had lol that's what usually happens to me.
I remember this card when you did it. It's a gorgeous card nothing we wouldn't expect knowing you.
Have a great day preparing for you weekend of crafting.
Wish I could go but I'm off to the hospital again for physiotherapy, then hospital again tomorrow for more tests. Thanks goodness for crafting it's good therapy for making me relax.
Looking forward to what you show us tomorrow.
Maggie
Love this card John just my style and colours xx take care x Jean
ReplyDeleteMorning John, A lovely card, great colours. The link to the previous card's post didn't work !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colours you have used. It sounds like you had a good day yesterday. I hope all the prep goes well. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John another stunner ,i could not get your { click here } to work to see the original but hey ho this card is beautiful .
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day
Elaine H X
Hi John .I love the colours you have used .I too could not get your (click here) as well , never mind I love this one .Gloria (Sidcup) xx.
ReplyDeleteLove the colours, John. A very pretty card.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the colours and the flowers.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Stunning.....though click here isn't highlighted to click!!!!
ReplyDeleteDitto all the above about the link, but this card is lovely. Last weekend I was only 30 mins from Taunton and would have dropped in to see you. Oh well, hopefully see you at Helen's Craft Station when you have sorted a date. SueL x
ReplyDeleteStunning.....though click here isn't highlighted to click!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnother fabulous card John! Your link doesn't work unfortunately. Heather Rodgers idea was a good one about the swatches. Debra x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous, have a fab weekend, get in touch when you have time, xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card, John. I find clearly my craft area relaxing as well - I suspect yours would take a bit longer than mine though!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove today's card and in my favourite colours as well. How kind to send it to the lady. I also can't get the link to work, the word HERE looks just like a word not a link. I'd also like the idea of swatches, you made and bought one to Newbury of all the new colours for us to see.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteIt's such a gorgeous card both ways. I adore the flowers and have promised myself this die.
:-)
Lorna D
Morning John, I like both of the versions, they are really lovely designs, I like the embossing folder too.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove;y card, I do like theses colours, Have a great weekend demoing with Julia. Good idea from Heather too, would be most useful. There is a certain paper mill that does this they just charge for the postage.
Lydia
X
Lydia
X
Lovely card John and a really nice gesture in giving the card away. Great idea of Heathers for a sample swatch of card colours. Have a great week end with Julia, Linda.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, fabulous card I love it!!! I too can't get the link to work!!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could give the original : ) just a thought : )
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteMy favourite colour and fancy filigree so right up my street (even with the felt lol!)
Yes, your Craft Cave is a place of wonderment and awe, chocolate crumbs and cans of pop lol!
Have a good one.
Ang x
Really stunning!
ReplyDeleteDoreen R
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous, fabulous card, just my type , absolutely love it!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Morning John, a beautiful card, and I love your " Corner Bored and Tag"
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed your day off.
Wendy
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card, would be gorgeous in any colour combination.
Best wishes, Rose
Another lovely card John. I like this colour a lot. I too like the way you have used the border die - very effective.
ReplyDeleteBummer! I can't get the link to work. I like this card and would love to compare the two. Glad you had a relaxing day.
ReplyDeleteShirley
Great card John. Lovely shades of purple and I really like that the strips extend from edge to edge almost uninterrupted. Unfortunately I can't link to your original card.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
This is a lovely card!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't open the link so can't tell you which one I prefer. Like this color combinination and the see thru element.
ReplyDeleteHi John, this card is gorgeous! I love it, the colour and love all Sue's dies.....could do with a lottery win...lol! Can't make a comparison on the previous one that you did but, hey, don't worry about it. There's another day x How generous of you to give the lady the original one :) wonderful! x I'm so proud of you sorting out your craft room in a day........to organise an everyday and a Christmas side of the livingroom, took me 3 days and nights.....I wasn't very organised but believe you me, I am now! "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteSuper card John....luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteLovely John. Can't get the link either.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
fab card ,love every element to this card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteFab card John, the link didn't work for me. Pat x
ReplyDeleteI could not see the original but this one is gorgeous and I am assuming that as all of your cards are beautiful the original one is too.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. My favourite colours.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, John. The link didn't work so couldn't see your original card. I'm sure both are equally beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi John. A gorgeous card today. I love the border die and how you have highlighted the beautiful pattern in it : )
ReplyDeleteYou can tell I am playing catch up from my comment about you having the day off yesterday! I knew you wouldn't have a proper rest : ) Glad that you enjoyed tidying the Craft Cave though. Take care x
Hi John, beautiful card an lovely colours,my lace you had some sot of rest. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteYour videaos were great!
Must invest in some colour cloud now. This card is stunning. Means I want to order the borders and tags set as well --oooo you are naughty but I like it!
Thanks
Anne M xx