I had a great time at Crafting at Allyn Pally Yesterday and Sue Wilson, Phil Martin, Julia Watts, Lisa Horton and I are all raring to go for another day today! I managed to |Leave my Laptop Locked away in the box office so I ma writing this post sat in the Hotels reception, hows that for last minute! lol
Today's card is not the one planned as I don't have access to all my pictures and so Have gone with this card I made at a demo a couple of months ago!
To keep with the giveaway today's chosen winner will receive one of my Christmas Cards chosen at random on my return, so to be in with a chance of winning a randomly selected card just comment on today's post!
The floating Angel is simply made by cutting the Sue Wilson 2015 Christmas angel in black foundation card and adding pewter gilding wax all over her. I then spray glued her onto a piece of acetate and wrapped this around the panel made by cutting the snowflake mini striplet three times in succession.
A quick post but You don't get long when sat in reception!
Enjoy...
Had a great day at Ally Pally. Good to see you and watch your demos. Hope today is as productive for you.
ReplyDeleteToday's card is effective with the floating angel.
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, a great Christmas card and fab idea putting the Angel on acetate it works well over the triptych.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
So unhappy that I can't get to Ally Pally this time but this gorgeous card helps to show me what I am missing. Love the angel!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Blogging on the hoof, thanks for not forgetting all us followers who can't get to Ally Pally. Hope you have another enjoyable day
ReplyDeleteLinda
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw
hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today. I like to use the acetate wrap trick to float stuff but I tend to forget as there is so much other good stuff around. Nice one!
Anne M xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card with stunning results.
I must try acetate like this, I keep saying it and forgetting to try.
Have a great day
Maggie
Fabulous card love how you have used the acetate.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful card design! Love the floating angel and the gilding wax looks gorgeous on her. Glad you're having a great time at Ally Pally. Debra x
ReplyDeleteHi John stunning card love the angel. Looks like you are having a fabulous time at Ali Pally hope today turns out well happy crafting Pauline xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John the Angel card is wonderful. Nice to meet you yesterday at Ally Pally . Gloria(Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, wow I like today's card, I am going to have a go at that technique, it looks really good.
ReplyDeleteI am still gutted that I could not get to Ally Pally, my friend got me the colour cloud frosted aqua but the frosted heather had all gone so I will have to try and order it on line. Sorry I have missed you xx
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, lovely card, like the floating Angel will have to try that. Enjoy Ally Pally, wish I could be there.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Morning John, So glad you are all having a good time at Ally Pally, and all raring to go for another day.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, beautiful die-cuts.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
A lovely card, John. We had a great day yesterday and really enjoyed your demo. Will have to wait to play with my goodies.
ReplyDeleteHope today goes well for you all.
Anne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGlad you're having fun at Ally Pally! I love this card! The angel is already a favourite of mine, but I love the floating effect. Must try it! Best wishes, Anne O
Good morning John this is a fabulous card I spotted yesterday on your stand. It was so lovely to meet up again. I have posted some photos on Facebook there is a nice one of you and me. I had so much fun and Keith didn't have time to get bored. I hope it all goes well today and that the clearing up and journey home go well. Enjoy your day off. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. Fab card. Have fun on day 2 at Ally Pally (jealous). SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful card, I love the Angel she is beautiful and next on my list. Have a great day and thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is stunning, what a fabulous design and I bet it looks even better in the flesh, so to speak!!!!
:-)
Lorna D
Loving your idea of the Acetate Angel it is so unique, and a lovely background too.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day .
Elaine H X
Hi John, a great card. What dedication sitting in reception to do this post, thank you.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card.
Lydia
X
Hi John, a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteWell done for getting this post out John
ReplyDeleteYesterday was fab and I am sure today will be just a great xxx
Fab design John, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, sounds like me you'd forget your head if it was loose : )
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time yesterday!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Thanks for a great idea using the angel die. I have been looking for inspiration for cards using it, so just what I needed.
ReplyDeletethanks, Greta.
Another lovely card
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
Thanks for managing to keep us inspired. Love the idea of using the acetate. Enjoy the day.
ReplyDeleteDonna
Wow John. This is beautiful
ReplyDeleteHi John, this card is absolutely exquisite, love the panels with the angel. Great idea with the acetate. Have a great day today. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi john
ReplyDeleteWow this is really pretty.
I just love monochrome. It's the best x
Pretty, and using a die I have on order John - cant be better! Have a good day with the others, wish I could come and meet you all.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning, great having the angel floating on the acetate. Hope you all have another great day at AP just wished I could have been there with you all
Hugs
Carol x
Hi John, such a stunning card and I have just received my mini snowflake die so I can have ago.
ReplyDeleteHugs Clare xx
Stunning card! So glad you were able to post this gorgeous card on your blog today-makes up for not being able to get to Ally Pally.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely meeting you yesterday at Ally Pally John, thanks for the demo, really informative, so many tips I can use
ReplyDelete. I love this card it is so beautiful. a stunner, Thanks for sharing..
Pauline
Great card today John. Well done on using hotel facilities to the max.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
Hiya John,
ReplyDeleteHope you are enjoying yourself at Ally Pally this weekend and that you haven't been crushed in the stampede of adoring fans:-)
Today's card is actually my favourite of all your Christmas cards, it's stunning and what a clever idea to float the angel on Acetate. The background snowflake striplet is a fitting compliment to the Angel in the foreground.
Thanks for all your hard work and dedication, I hope that I can meet you at the next show in Aprilxxx
Crafty hugs,
Laine1972xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card today. It was lovely to see you at Ally Pally yesterday and thanks for the tutorial using the sticky sheet. I'm going to grow my hair long and dye it blonde. Only joking as I quite like my hair short. At least you didn't picture me with a Zimmer frame, thank goodness. Although earlier this year I could have probably qualified for one.
Another gorgeous and very striking card today, it looks fab in the photo but I bet it still doesn't do the card justice.
ReplyDeleteI love the snowflake striplet die and you have now given me an idea for using it.
Enjoy the day at ally pally and don't forget to get your laptop before you go home.
I like this card John. Goid to meet you at Ally Pally yesterday. Hope you are having a good day today.
ReplyDeleteHi John, gorgeous card today. Just love the way you made the Angel float on the acetate. Had forgotten this technique, so thanks for the reminder. Hope you have a great time at Ally Pally. So wish I could attend but Canada is a tad too far away.
ReplyDeleteReading the other posts, I wish I could be in the UK at one of your shows. This card is stunning. Love the way you set it up. I hope you have a good day at the show today.
ReplyDeleteShirley
would love to live close to see you demos live , great card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHello John
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card. Love the way the Angle floats............because that is how I see them!
Hope you time at Ally Pally is great and it seems like all your friends are there too!
Lol Barbara W
Hi John, stunning card! I really love Sue's floating angel and how fantastic she lucks having the pewter gilding wax rubbed all over her. Love the striplet panels and the acetate behind them. How is it that when you have the stuff it takes something like this to remind you that you have it? Lol! Only the acetate though but thank you very much! Glad you had a wonderful day yesterday and hope that the same has gone for you all today. Shattered but happy that so many followers came to see you all no doubt. "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeletelovely card as usual. Your colours are beautiful.
Sue Mac
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, really like the colours and the floating angel.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
So lovely to meet you "in the flesh" today and Phill is really too out of his box. Your cards, demos are truly wonderful. Best of all was again to see you at Ally Pally - you are so charming. Lisa too was so kind to me and showed me how to do all sorts of things. I have spent all my holiday money today! We will have to sit on the beach and beg! You have inspired me so much to keep crafting. Looking forward to seeing you on the screen.
ReplyDeleteCan you remember your "little till lady!"
Really best wishes to you - words cannot describe what a wonderful day I had at Ally Pally today - made all the more special by meeting you
"Little Till Lady aka Anne (Reading)
Another fab card John. Love your idea for the angel, it must be even more beautiful in reality. Thank you for posting today against all the odds - you are very faithful to your blog followers.
ReplyDeleteStunning,as always. Loving your shows on Hochanda,trouble is is costing me more money - oh well,who needs food x
ReplyDeleteAnother outstanding card John, the way you have done the angel is stunning. Wish I could have seen you and the rest of the team at Ally Pally. Pat x
ReplyDeleteso elegant John, glad to hear you're all having fun
ReplyDeletehugz x
Very pretty and I like the use of acetate. Nice to hear that Ally Pally was great. Wish I was there.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card! Wish I lived closer so I could attend and see some of the demos.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John your cards are always a delight.
ReplyDeleteI had a great day today and bought loads Lots of playing to do! I was so honoured that you remembered my name It was truly lovely to see you (and Mrs Duck) Thank you for the card you may have been a little disappointed by it but I can proudly say that I watched you make it from start to finish - my friends were suitably impressed and may become visitors to your blog It was hilarious being chased out of the building by the security guy! Please don't put me in the draw I just wanted to leave a comment to say thank you for a lovely day
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautiful card the angle die is gorgeous an the card looks lovely in the colours you have used. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you had. Great time at ally pally x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI had a brilliant 2 days at Ally Pally, first time I've ever been! Watched you, Julia, Phill and other guys from CE demoing and giving great tips and getting themselves out of potential holes LOL.
Your latest two blog offerings are gorgeous - what more can I say?
Thank you for showing us "how it's done".
Best wishes, Rose
Hi, it's my first time visiting your blog but I'll be back. I love the card especially the floating angel x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, love the fact you have placed the Angel on acetate to make her float, beautiful. Lovely background too.
Hope you had a fabulous weekend at Ally pally.
Love & hUgs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John. A great card with it's beautiful background and the lovely angel floating on the acetate. One I will be using : )
ReplyDeleteWell I did pluck up the courage to tell you who I was, still not sure if I have forgiven you when you said that I was nothing like you had imagined as you had thought I was 71 when I am not 50 until next year!!!! No of course I have forgiven you, it's funny how we all have a picture in our heads of someone don't we and it very rarely matches the actual person : ) I wish we could have spent longer talking and watching you demo but the time just flew by.
Thank you for the demo using sticky sheets and that gorgeous snowflake mini Striplet, I learned a couple of tricks that are so obvious. Yes, like you, they are what I always calll "Doh" moments : )
Take care x
Gorgeous card!
ReplyDeleteDoreen R
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteWell, ya know I'm not big on angel and fairy bits but this card is lovely in real life.
Ally Pally has been great fun but exhausting lol!
Ang x
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, I love all the dies you have used.
No offence ment but why has the lovely Julia Watts always posted last on the list of demonstrators?
Best wishes
Beautiful card. I love the striplet you used on the card. I sincerely wish that you were here in the states, but enjoying your talent online is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes from North Carolina.