Happy Tuesday,
I know it sounds strange but that what I will be demonstrating at 9am this morning on Hochanda! Not a wreath made of gingerbread (my culinary skills aren't that developed) but made of MDF gingerbread i.e. the one in the picture lol.
To find out how this was made you will need to watch the show however I used the shimmer paints for the bases of all the MDF items. Next I stamped them using the matching stamp set in perfect medium and heat embossed each image using cosmic shimmer detail what embossing powder. I then arranged them around the base MDF wreath, painted in silver shimmer paint and added a bow and ribbon detail. Finally I added some of the small gingerbread men, from the christmas grab bag, to fill the gaps.
It would be great if you could join me for this and at least 6 other demos / workshops today times etc are in the side bar!
Enjoy...



Morning John, this looks a great project for my grandchildren this year they will love this looking forward to your shows today recorded last nights so got that to look forward to as well.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteGreat show last night, looks like another great project today, Take care Kitty.
Another interesting project. I am with my 3 year old granddaughter today so won't have time to watch live, but hope to catch up with your ideas when I get home this evening.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Wonderful wreath John! Love the gingerbread people. You must be exhausted doing all your samples and then all the shows. Take care, Debra x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, off to work so have got shows set to record!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't work too hard!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Wow John this is amazing I so love those shapes and the matching stamps. The wreath is such a good idea. Your show last night was fantastic. I will be able to watch some of the shows today when I get back from work at lunchtime. Enjoy your day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteThis is not something I would make but it is very effective.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
I have never made a wreath but your demos are sorely tempting me Having to record the shows as work is getting in the way
ReplyDeleteGreat Christmas project, look forward to seeing more ideas.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good luck today John. I'll watch as many as I can.
ReplyDeleteLove todays wreath.
Love Val x
A super project John enjoy your day sounds as though you will be very busy love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteI so love this wreath John, so novel and different , enjoy your shows.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Love this, Ooober excited, Hochanda shows today, workshop Fleetwood tomorrow and demos on Thursday, my kind of week. Take care, Linda.
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful.....unusual too
ReplyDeleteWow John this is great, and would be a good project to do with my older grandchildren.
ReplyDeleteLove it.
Must set the HD box up to record your shows, where else can we buy these MDF shapes I remember you telling Rose and Myself at one of your demos but forgot the name. If you get a chance can you in box me on Facebook with the name of the place you recommend I love the demos on Hochanda but will not buy off there they are not cheap even for members free p&p is nothing if the stuff isn't cheaper too.
Would rather shop from a craft store anyway.
Anyway love these wreaths .
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteSweet!!!!
Lorna D
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteJust lovely.
Lydia
X
Super idea John, but still can't buy from Hochanda, because they won't recognise Irish addresses.
ReplyDeleteI was told they deliver to Northern Ireland!
DeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA really different style of wreath, off to see how it's done. Hope you have a great day.
Heather Treble
I'll be recording the shows that I can't watch, looking forward to them. Your wreath would make a lovely decoration in a kiddie's bedroom. Pat x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Wow, this is different, I'm loving it !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteVery different, a gingerbread wreath how novel. Kids would love making this.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteJust watched you demonstrate this wreath, very clever, kids will love it.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John, this is a fabulous and different wreath. The demo was great as was the bauble one. Looking forward to the other shows. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John this is different, one the grandchildren would love to make I think.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI think that since you can stamp the details onto the MDF shapes, that that is worth showing. I am not a fan of this project today but love watching you explain how to do things.
Good luck today.
Shirley
Watching you at the moment John, and enjoying your lovely wreaths, your ideas are brilliant, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John.....I love the wreath of the gingerbread family, canes and house. These are such fun things to craft and I'm sure a lot of children would love to make this.......or if someone can cook, the proper gingerbread! I don't think it would last long though! Lol! I think it's wonderful! xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteOh my word - this is ssssoooo cute! I love it John.
ReplyDeleteManaged to watch a couple of the shows John. Brilliant.
ReplyDeleteNancy xx
Oh wow I love the gingerbread people they are so cute.
ReplyDeleteI managed to put my back out trying to get everything done to watch the shows
but at least I had an excuse to laze on the sofa and watch them and I was definitely not disappointed.
As usual the demonstrations were fab and very informative and I now want to try everything.
Apparently all hubby could here through all of them was me saying oh wow I must try and make one of those lol
The top of my list is the sleigh and then the lantern and todays gingerbread wreath.
Now have to wait for my back to get better and hope it's not two months like last time otherwise Christmas will be over before I get to make any of them.
Thanks again for the wonder demo's.
Hi John, the gingerbread men an house are so cute, your shows were fabulous I love the way you get all messy lol just like the rest of us. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteFabulous x
ReplyDelete