Here's another of my demo pieces form Sundays shows on Stamps to die for I wanted it show with this demo that stamps to die for don't have to be used solely with the dies!
I used the shaded poinsettia stamps set for this one and simply stamped the 2 largest flowers form the set over the edges of three squares of card. Next I added thin black borders around each piece and foam mounted them together rearranging the pattern so that it matches.
Hopefully you can see what I mean form this next aloe up picture.
For the front of the card I cut a smaller square of coconut white foundation card and and stamped at sentiment at the top right and the smaller poinsettia stamp at the bottom left. I hand cut the bottom edge around the flower then added a piece of double sided adhesive sheet and diamond sprinkles ( well it is a christmas card if a subtle one)
Finally I added thin mat of black and hand cut it around the flower to match.
Ingredients:
Stamps to die for shaded poinsettia
coconut white foundation card
red geranium archival ink pad
double sided adhesive sheet
diamond sprinkles\
Enjoy...
Winners!!!
The winner of Mondays card (randomly selected ) is Aspiring Crafter (Ruth)
Sundays gift bag winners are:
crosssticthmarg
Barbara Gosden
Please email me your addresses to Lockers@live.co.uk and I will send your prizes out!
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA brilliant technique. I have seen Sue doing it. Thank you. Take care Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours thank you tracyw
Love this card and this technique! ''''thank you
ReplyDeleteMaggie B
Morning John, a fabulous card and a great technique watched you demo it and have seen Sue do it often as you said.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Forgot to say congratulations to the lucky winners.Nancyd xx
DeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI Love This Wonderful Card And Colour Palette And The Technique You've Used Thank You For Sharing.
Hugs From Sam x
Beautiful card today John...
ReplyDeleteA little birdie told me its your birthday today
Happy birthday have a great day!
Carol
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations winners! This card is a nice technique -ooooh! and Happy Birthday to you.......
Anne M xx
Good morning John, happy birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today I saw you demo this and I've seen Sue do it too!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
stunning card John, I do love the effect of this technique though have never tried it myself, maybe I should lol!
ReplyDeleteLove & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Forgot sorry!!! Congratulations to winners!!!
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a stunning card. I do love this technique I must try it again. I hope you have a wonderful day today and enjoy your shopping trip. Happy Birthday. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, it's really stunning.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday........!!!!!!!
Congrats to all the winners.
Michele
Hi John, such a great technique, perfect stamping, and a really beautiful card as a result. Congrats to the winners. Bx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteLove the triple stamp effect and the way you have cut round the flower adds even more interest.........Brilliant card!
I was going to keep schtum but as the feline has exited the holdall,Happy Birthday matey! Hope you enjoyed breakfast lol!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Great card John... looking forward to your next shows on tv
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
Have a very happy birthday John...!
DeleteLuv Rach :)
Happy Birthday ! have a good one.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John i really like this style.
Congrats to your winners.
Elaine H X
Morning John, first of all Happy Birthday - hope you have a good one.
ReplyDeleteI saw you making this on Hochanda and fell in love with it, I think it is fantastic, good luck to everyone and also to the successful winner of it.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Lovely card today John, Have a great Birthday if you are not too busy, I,ll buy you a diet coke in December, xxxx
ReplyDeleteI love this card John , it's gorgeous. I wanted this stamp set but have the striped poinsettias stamp set instead.
ReplyDeleteI've just noticed I'm one of your winners, thank you, you have made my day.
Have a very Happy Birthday and I hope you have a wonderful day.
I'm off to email my details to you for my prize.
Maggie
Hi John, I love this technique, it is so effective, and I saw you demo this card on tv.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Happy Birthday, John. I hope you have given yourself the day off!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card - I have done this technique with Sue but not used it for years. I really must as it is so effective.
Anne (Northampton)
Happy Birthday John. I loved the masterclass on Sunday - so great that they give the time for full demos rather than constantly interrupting you.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day.
Ruth
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday :-)
This is simply stunning!!
:-)
Lorna D
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card, love the triple stamping.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I love this technique and the way that you have made the topper is so elegant. Congratulations to all the winners and a very Happy Birthday to you, have a great day. Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Morning John, I recorded and watched this demo you did on Hochanda and think its really beautiful. The top tip with the black card it just GREAT and it works.
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen x
Morning John, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I watched you doing this card on tv and was amazed at how adding the black made the stamped image work. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Happy Birthday, have a lovely day.l
ReplyDeleteI love this triple stamping, your card is gorgeous.
Congratulations to the lucky Winners.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John. I have never tried this technique but I do like the look of it. All in all a lovely card. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John, a beautiful card. Congratulations to the winners.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John, I love that technique too. Congrats t o the winners.
ReplyDeleteVery happy birthday to a lovely guy - enjoy your shopping. Super demos and cards this week as usual.
ReplyDeleteVery best wishes
Till Lady - aka Anne
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a great day!
Love this card, unfortunately I missed your Sunday Show, so I didn't see it demoed but remember Sue once doing it , so I am going to try and make it from memory....hope it works as I think it looks fab!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
I watched you demo this and it's a fab technique. Have a wonderful birthday, I hope you are well and truly spoiled! Pat xx
ReplyDeleteExcellent technique - it shouldn't work, but it does. Oh, and Julia mentioned this morning that it's your birthday Happy Birthday!! Have a lovely day.
ReplyDeleteTonbridge Sue
I so love this technique John and it will feature strongly in my Christmas cards this year! Thanks for demo-ing it so clearly.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have time to celebrate your birthday in style!
Christine
Love this technique, have your show recorded so will try it out when I start on Christmas cards!!!! I always make them in a panic as start late, can't do it in the summer........ I have to finish off a wedding card a friend asked for but, will hopefully make a start on Christmas next week xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteFirstly HAPPY BIRTHDAY I hope you gave a great day.
I've recorded your shows so haven't watched any of them yet. But this card is lovely and I look forward to seeing how it was made.
I also saw this on your show great card John.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to all the winners.
Happy Birthday.
Love Nancy xx
Love this design and technique, glad I finally got to see it done. Love your so easy to follow demos.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday xxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card love the technique and the colour is gorgeous.
Congratulations to all the lucky winners
Happy Birthday John, hope you have a wonderful day.
Linda xx
Hi John, lovely card, love how you have cut round the flower just adds another dimension to the card.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a lovely Birthday and manage to put your feet up.
Congratulations to all the lucky winners.
Wendyx
Love the card, John. Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHi John, "Happy birthday!" Hope you've/you're having a great day! Gorgeous card and love this technique.....still got to do it though! "Thank you John" Congratulations Ruth, Marg and Barbara! Wonderful! xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteI love triple stamping so thank you for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
This is a lovely card John and very cleverly stamped and matted and layered.
ReplyDeleteI love it.
Val x
Happy Birthday John Hope you're celebrating This is a lovely card You made a similar one at Ally Pally - which I'm the proud owner of I love how you've cut around the Poinsettia instead of leaving it all square
ReplyDeleteLove the background. Hope you have had a happy birthday.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John, another beautiful card I seen you Demo on your show, love the shaded poinsettia stamp. Hope you had a lovely day with your shopping birthday trip. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card, such a beautiful use of the stamp and I love this technique, too. Simple but effective.
Hope you had a FABULOUS birthday, Good Health and Happiness to you.
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder of this technique, off to do some now as it's so quick and easy and also very effective.
Hi John. This is a lovely card and a great technique which is so easy to do but looks great.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the lucky winners : ) Take care x