Happy Saturday,
Today I am at Strikes Wilmslow garden centre, pop down if you are in the area!
I thought I would share some of the samples I made for yesterdays One Day Special on Hochanda using the decoupage papers and the beautiful MDF.

This is the sample of the Nativity scene that I had, it takes a while to make so I wasn't able to demo this whole piece on air however I hope you liked the quick demo and explanation I did in the simpler colours. I personally like the one I demoed with the simpler Graphite and gold gilding wax. I did think however you might like to see the close ups of the different pieces in the set. I coloured these using the Christmas Mica Watercolour palette.
I really hope you enjoyed the shows and the demos / samples I will give awaken of the demo pieces from the shows On Tomorrow post!
Enjoy...
Good Morning John
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed your shows including the tug of war!! Has your partner insured their fingers now they are famous? I loved this kit so many possibilities may need to get it for the grandchildren to make. Thanks for sharing.
Have a good weekend
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis is stunning I did watch your program while you made this, shame you didn't have time to do the full demo for it.. All your shows are great the demos help me tremendously.
I spent a lot of yesterday playing with my shimmer paints and the Christmas water colour cosmic shimmer paint set.
Very happy with the way my Santa came out even though the photo didn't do it justice, and have started to prepare the MDF gingerbread houses & other pieces, will be stamping and embossing them over the weekend.. Ready for my grandchildren to finish decorating them and make their wreaths.
Thanks for. Your inspiration.
This morning Hubby and I have our flu injection.
Have a great weekend
Maggie
This is wonderful. Unfortunately I couldn't see yesterday's show as I was travelling. Hope you have a good day today.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, this is fantastic we didn't really get a close up of it on the show but the one you did with the other colours looked great also.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
A fabulous creation! The colours look so vibrant and lovely. Debra x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteI missed this as my channels were playing up ! It's a lovely piece and the way you have coloured it looks great. I'm sure the kids will love this at christmas!
Well done you!
Anne M xx
Good morning John, I missed your shows :( I forgot to record :( I bet you had fun!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi john,
ReplyDeleteI have been watching your shows this week great fun.
Wish you were nearer to me so you could do a demo I could get to.
Enjoy the weekend and Sykes today.
Hazel c uk
What a wonderful centrepiece for a family Christmas, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John this is a stunning set. I love how you have decorated the nativity scene. I would have loved to decorate one of these when our daughter was young. I hope they are still around when we have grandchildren. Have a great day today you are so busy. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteVery creative, this is such a lovely set!
:-)
Lorna D
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteNot my thing but beautifully decorated and the way you did the dripping snow was genius.
Safe travels.
Ang x
Morning John, wonderful creation, loved it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteManaged to watch most of your shows yesterday, great work.
Lydia
X
Sweet John. Catching up on your decoupage shows from yesterday. Jan went to see you in Kent the other day and has a card on her blog, inspired by You. xxx
ReplyDeleteLike Mrs Duck, this is not my thing but you have produced something that many would love to have in their windows over the Christmas period. I was annoyed last night, I was all set to catch up on your shows I had missed and realised not one had recorded except the first. I just hope you will do some of the techniques again sometime so I can broaden my eduction.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John, I thoroughly enjoyed the shows yesterday!
ReplyDeleteAll the samples were really nice ,great way to do the x.mas deco.
Enjoy the weekend and take care Jane B.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWonderful nativity scene, we have a nativity set but it never had a stable and I have made various ones from shoe boxes over the years. Maybe it's time to make one that should survive a bit better!
Have a great day and thanks for all the great inspiration,
Heather Treble
Hi John. Not for me, but loved watching your demos. Have a great weekend. SueL x
ReplyDeleteReally different....but not my thing!
ReplyDeleteNot my thing but I can appreciate all the work that's gone into this.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Sorry didn't get to watch your shows,but this is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
The snow looks great. Wish I had seen how you did this. I hope you have fun today.
ReplyDeleteShirley
PS. Who won yesterday's card?
Love this. Wish I had seen the show but channels playing up. Hope they might repeat it.
ReplyDeleteFantastic creation. Not one for me, but I've noticed such things can cost a lot to buy in a shop. BTW - your 4 x 4 background stamps work beautifully - I'm delighted with them.
ReplyDeleteTonbridge Sue
Hi John, I am so loving all these beautiful MDF creations I think I am now addicted.
ReplyDeleteI have three sleighs to do although one of them is a gift and I now want to get a pair of lanterns to decorate too. Oh and an advent thing as well lol
my husband is looking a bit worried about all these things I keep adding to my list.
I was always a bit nervous of projects like this but I am so enjoying it I really don't know what I was worried about.
Thank you so much for the inspiration, wonderful demo's and clear instructions.
you are a star.
Hi John, I'm so sorry that I missed this demo, as this is gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteI hope your demo day is going well.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Not managed to watch yesterday's shows yet but taped them all so guess what I'm doing tomorrow:)
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletesweet nativity scene. Have a bit of hit and miss
seeing your shows but hope on some repeats so
I can see them later, hugs Maria x
Hi John, oh I love this nativity scene, it's beautiful, it really is. What Christmas is all about. We have a nativity scene which we bought back from Spain in 2005 for 6 euros and it's still going strong! I really really love this though and can imagine in mica watercolours xx "Thank you John" Hope you've had a wonderful day in Wilmslow xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. This is a lovely Nativity set. I am still trying to catch up with your shows, they are great so far : ) Take care x
ReplyDelete