Happy Friday,
Well its back to Christmas Friday as I try to get back on track from all the recent shows!
Today's card is again using stamps to die for I seem to have gone on a little bit of a stamping track this week! I stared by stamping the Shaded poinsettia onto a clear velum with perfect medium. I then heat embossed these with Silver Shine detail embossing powder from Cosmic Shimmer. I cut these out with the matching Classic Poinsettia die and made up the flowers in three sizes by using 2 of each size to make a single poinsettia. I added silver dazzlers in the centre of each flower just to make them more realistic.
To make the card to match the flowers I embossed a piece of coconut white card using the Holly Trellis A4 embossing folder. I rubbed over the surface with pewter gilding and polished it up with a dry wet wipe ( this gets off the darker shade and leaves the shine behind)
Next I cut 2 of the snowflake borders in black foundation card and again added the gilding wax to highlight the embossed areas. I stock these to a strip of card so that they faced away from each other. I covered the card strip in the centre using seam binding which adds another texture.
I added a sentiment from my Christmas sentiments set onto an oval cut from the centre of the snowflake background and matted it in black cut from the same set.
This is a complex looking card but really is simple to do!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Snowflake Border, corner & tag set
Snowflake background
Classic poinsettia
Shaded Poinsettia stamp to die for set
Coconut white & Black foundation Card and white velum
Silver shine embossing powder
Pewter Gilding wax
Enjoy...
P.s. The winner of this weeks card Giveaway is Culliesocks! If you email me your address to Lockers@live.co.uk I will post this straight out to you x
Morning John, this card is absolutely gorgeous I love everything about definately one I will doing for Christmas thanks for all the inspiration don't know where we would be without you Sue and Julia.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card Thank you.
Take care Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteanother stunning card love the colours and dies thank you tracyw
another stunner
ReplyDeleteHello John, this card is an absolute wow, Love the poinsettias. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, wow I've just said blue and white are my favourite colours for
ReplyDeleteChristmas cards but black and white is another : )
Congratulations to the winner!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Good morning John this is a stunning card the poinsettias are gorgeous. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John, hope it's a good one wherever you are.
ReplyDeleteI love this card it's gorgeous. I do love the snowflake edge die. It's so versatile.
Another must make for me, I've ordered the poinsettia stamp so hopefully will have that this Saturday. Along with all the other Creative expressions stuff I've ordered.
I'm supposed to be cutting down on my buying of craft stuff, but you keep showing me more that I need lol.
Have a great day
Maggie
Morning John, another cracker, love the monochrome cards, and the way you have done the flowers, you showed us this on Hochanda a little while ago and I liked it then. Congratulations to Culliesocks on winning the card, you will love it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Stunning card, love the snowflake border.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Another smashing card
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
Oh, this is just gorgeous! A wonderful design. The poinsettias look so beautiful. Congratulations to the winner of your card. Debra x
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty, i love it !
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Another really lovely and 'classic' card.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteIncredibly beautiful!!!
:-)
Lorna D
Hi John. This is a real beauty. The vellum flowers are gorgeous along with the lovely border die cuts. Have a good weekend. Take care x
ReplyDeleteHi John you have made a stunning card today .Thank you Gloria(Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, you've done yourself proud with this one John...love it
ReplyDeleteStunning, classy and elegant, a beautiful card, John, and a very achievable look.
ReplyDeleteB xx
A beautiful card, John - love the poinsettias.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning card, I love the way that you have used the border and the poinsettias are gorgeous, I have the dies and stamps and have had a go with them on vellum and they are so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Good morning John I wouldn't think of black and white for Christmas but this is so effective love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, A stunning card, gorgeous flowers, I love it !!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the lucky Culliesocks.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, a great design and lovely poinsettias.
Lydia
X
Another gorgeous card John. Love the poinsettias stamped out of vellum, it produces such delicate flowers. I like the use of black and white it is very elegant.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John. Lovely card. I especially like Sue's snowflake border dies. SueL x
ReplyDeleteLike the layout, can be adapted to other occasions (I don't do Christmas)
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautiful, elegant card today. Love the silver and black together and the Snowflake border and tag die are gorgeous and my favourites. I haven't got them yet but I'll wish very hard in the hope that one day I will....! :) "Thank you John" and congratulations Culliesocks! Wonderful! :) xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteWow wow wow lovely card, I am going to try the poinsettia flowers today.
ReplyDeleteCarfty hugs Pen x
What a beautiful card. I have the snowflake border but wouldn't have though of using it like that. Your poinsettias are gorgeous too! You are so talented.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous and very elegant. The poinsettias look as if they're made of organza! I'd feel very special if someone made me a card like this at Christmas.
ReplyDeleteTonbridge Sue
A superb card, so many technques, stunning....luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteA superb card, so many technques, stunning....luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA Truly Elegant, Opulent, Rich, Beautiful Card And I Have The Components To Put This Together, I'm Looking Forward To Watching You Once Again On Hochanda You Share So Many Wonderful Tips And Techniques I'm Also Watching Julia Today I Loved Phill's Shows Also.
Congratulations To Culliesocks
Hugs From Sam xxx
HI John what a lovely card, just love the way you have used the border die. a stunning card.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Culliesocks
Wendyxx
I really like the look of this card. It is very nice.
ReplyDeleteShirley
Since I discovered you from Sue's blog, I must say, your cards are also beautiful and amazing. This card just knocked my socks off (as we say in the states). IT IS GORGEOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteyou do have a way with borders! Your cards are great John and really enjoyed you on Hochanda.
I was going to try for the Creative Expressions design team but time got the better of me. work work work!!!
Great stuff John,
Anne M xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteI don't think this looks complex, which is why it is so appealing.
A gorgeous look that is achievable with relatively very little.
Love it!
Ang x
Ps.......congratulations Kate on winning one of John's beautiful cards.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card, I love that border thanks for sharing.
Congratulations to Culliesocks xx
Hugs
Linda xx
Thisis gorgeous John, you could sendit to me any day.
ReplyDeletecongratulations to Culliesocks.
love Val x
John, only one word: FANTASTIC ! ! ! ! Greetings from Germany, Claudia
ReplyDeleteHi john,
ReplyDeleteYou've given us another beautiful card, that snowflake border and the poinsettias are divine.
I love it.friends
Best wishes , Rose
Hi john,
ReplyDeleteYou've given us another beautiful card, that snowflake border and the poinsettias are divine.
I love it.friends
Best wishes , Rose
Hello John, another stunning card today. I love the black and white theme na the dies are sooo beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI am delighted to have won one of your beautiful cards, thank you so very much, Kate x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteStunning, delicate and I love it.
Congratulations to Culliesocks - lucky lady.
love, Maureen xxx
Absolutely beautiful John. I bought the Classic Poinsettia at AP I must get the matching stamps now and keep practising!
ReplyDeleteThis card is so lovely, John.
ReplyDeleteLove, Love, love it.
I am going to try this one!!!
This card is so lovely, John.
ReplyDeleteLove, Love, love it.
I am going to try this one!!!
card is lovely John ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteI have to hold my hand up and admit that I have copied this card, I was showing it to my teenage Grand daughter and she loved it and asked if I could make one for her to give to her best friend at Christmas, I don't have the stamp yet so just altered the flowers slightly, but it did look beautiful. So thank John for your inspiration. Linda.
ReplyDeleteGreat card today John.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
OH Wow John I absolutely adore this one, it is just so gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThe poinsettias look so pretty in the silver.
I am definitely going to make this one.
Ohhh how gorgeous! Wish I could make something as beautiful as this card.
ReplyDeleteThe poinsettias are gorgeous. Love the whole card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John, that is a beautiful Christmas card an the poinsettia is gorgeous. Take Care Melody xXx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John, quite dramatic. Your poinsettias are lovely and go beautifully with the snowflake border. Pat x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John !
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Really love that one John, and the poinsettias are so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWow! This is stunning John, as were yesterdays, so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteOnly one word for this STUNNING!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield