It's back to Christmas Friday and I will try to keep to this for the remainder of the year , Shows depending lol! I thought you might like to see something different done with the striplet and the watercolour palettes today a real mix of die cutting and painting!
I stared by cutting a 17.5cm x 17.5cm square of coconut white foundation card. Next I placed the inside of the holly mini striplet up to one edge and passed this through the GC. I then rotated the die so that it was against the next side but adjacent to the aperture I had just cut. I continued this until I
had a frame running all around the square card to make a detailed frame.
I then spray glued this frame down to an identical sized square of coconut white card making sure it was stuck down in all areas. I then painted, using the Mica watercolour set from Cosmic Shimmer ( set 7 Christmas of course) all the leaves of the holly in the gaps. I added red berry twinkles as the berries and set it dry, when dry, as you can hopefully see form the pictures, you get a beautiful shine as well as the deep pigment colour.
I then cut various sprays of filigree holly using the set of the same name and again used red berry twinkles as the berries. I stamped the Ivy Wreath from my Holly wreath elements clear stamp set and coloured it using distress markers in 2 shades of green ( can't remember which ones sorry) and stamped the joy in the centre. I then cut this out using one of the smaller squares in the new Double Pierced squares dies by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. I added a thin mat of Brunswick green foundation card and the holly sprigs, along with some green bakers twine, over each corner.
A different Christmas card that would also make a nice scrapbook page with a picture in the middle.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Holly mini striplet
Double Pierced squares
Filigree Holly
Cosmic Shimmer Mica watercolour palette Christmas
Red berry twinkles
Creative Expressions clear stamps by me Holly wreath elements
Distress markers
Enjoy...
Dont forget I will be on Hochanda tomorrow night at 8pm for the launch of the One Day Special!
Wow, really nice card today !
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, wow is right a fabulous card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Bright and cheerful card John.... refreshing
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteGreat cards thank you. Have fun and take care, Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteanother two stunning christmas cards thanks tracyw
Morning John, your a genius, love the way you have made this one, gorgeous
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John, this card is lovely, the frame is just perfect, and the way you painted into the design. Have a great day. Good luck with the shows. Bx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card which I could try as I have all these bits. The holly border is especially lovely.
ReplyDeleteJan northampton
Hi John this is a stunning Christmas card. I love how you have used the striplet die. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. I absolutely love this card.I like all your makes but sometimes something comes along which is extra special, but I can't tell you why I like this so much, I just do. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGreat card-love the way all the different holly images stand out. Perfect as a "non fussy " card.
ReplyDeleteMichele
stunning card, love it John .
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the detailed instructions, look forward to your shows,
XxRuth
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA great card today, unfortunately I don't have the holly striplet I have the poinsettias one.
I am wondering if my sister had this if so I might borrow it from her for a little while. Or even get her to cut some out for me. While I cut out the tree dies for her lol.
We often share our dies and stamps,
I will tape your show tomorrow, and watch on the iPad.
Have a great day
Maggie
Wow John, stunning card, I love the way you've used the striplet as a frame, and the colours focus the eye on it. Love it!
ReplyDeleteB xx
Beautiful card John. I think your predictive text has gone a bit mad today though - it's a bit like reading a foreign language. ;)
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteA fabulous hollyfest. Beautiful design and painting.
Thank you for your comment. Glad you enjoyed Peppa lol!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Morning John, A lovely card, I'm loving how you have done the 'holly frame', and I agree this would make a beautiful scrapbook page.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Gorgeous card John! The holly frame is a wonderful idea and the mica paint looks fabulous. Debra x
ReplyDeleteLovely card again John, love how you used the striplet die .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Looks beautiful John, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, lovely card but I don't understand : (
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I love the way that you have made the frame. I love the watercolour paints although I only have the autumn set at the moment.
Thanks for all the great inspiration,
Heather Treble
A lot of work but definitely worth it. I think I would've inclined to make it keep for myself, it is too nice to give away!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Beautiful will set the recorder for your show. I just love the holly shapes
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen x
What a great way to use the striplet die. John. This looks great.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Lovely card John, hadn't thought of using the striplet that way before (but will do so now).
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you on the "silver screen" tomorrow.
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteanother beautiful card
love your demonstrations and technics.
look forward to seeing you on hochanda
Gina x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card. Hope to be watching on Sunday.
Lydia
X
Absolutely stunning!!!!
ReplyDeleteDies and stamps work so beautifully together, love it!
:-)
Lorna D
That card is just so gorgeous John, your work is just beautiful x
ReplyDeleteLovely cheerful Christmas card John! I think I might have saved the painting stage , and just stuck green card behind the striplet cut layer!
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a beautiful Christmas card, love it all. Have a good weekend. Take care xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely Christmas card very nice and crisp.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend.Take care Jane B.
Wow just gorgeous john x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThis card is gorgeous I love it. Will set the recorder to see your show.
Morning John, what a lovely card!! Love how you have used the mini striplet, and the Holly Wreath stamp in the middle just finishes the card off.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
What a creative use for the striplet. Love the card. So bright and cheery too.
ReplyDeleteShirley
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card. Love it!!!
Anne M xx
Hi John, another stunning card! Love it! The striplet die is just stunning. Beeautiful! x "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, wow this is stunning and I love the way you have used the striplet die.
ReplyDeleteThis has got to be one of my favourites.
Now just got to get the striplet die as I don't know why but I overlooked it.
Shame on me.
Oh what a pretty card - you get better and better - love it.
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
Hi John, I love this card, beautiful design and colours, Kate x
ReplyDeleteStunning! I don't know what else to say
ReplyDeleteSuper card John...luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteSuper card John...luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. Love it.
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John, I really need to try water colouring! Linda.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card today!
Love Nancy xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, love the striplet.
Linda xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelove how you made this card with the holly striplet,very nice
hugs Maria x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely cards, great use of the striplet die.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Lovely John, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Outstanding card John, a real beauty. Pat x
ReplyDeletegreat card John ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautiful card love the striplet die an it's great to see how you use it in different ways. Looking forward to your shows on Hochanda, it's so good to be seeing the creative expression team so much. Take care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteJohn,
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful!!!
I think this is my favorite Christmas card this year!!!
I must get that die!!!
Absolutely Fabulous! I want one!
ReplyDeleteTonbridge Sue